Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SEC Baseball Stats - SEC Games only thru 5/9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Leggett's bat won't get it done IMO. Is his defense going to offset that? That's the decision. Cam can DH. But Clark might be the best option with Cam staying at 3B.
    Legget didn't come into the game until the 9th inning Sunday... presumably for defense. But he didn't have a very good weekend at the plate
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    somebody splain Cumbest's batting average vs at bats. I'll hang up and listen
    In conference play he's batting .277 with 6 RBIs and 10K's. Basically striking out every 3.5 ABs. Not great, but we're not going to get any better by putting Skinner out there. Skinner is faster, but Brad provides more pop if he can run into one and I think we'd rather have power in the bottom third of our lineup since we already have Dubrule and Forsythe down there for speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    think the bottom line is that we just may be as gooda' coached team there is right now.

somebody splain Cumbest's batting average vs at bats. I'll hang up and listen
    Can you learn how to type in the English language?

vCash
    12th in fielding. 2nd in DPs hit into.
    Don't be retarded. Fielding percentage is pretty unreliable as an actual metric of ability. And as far as DP goes, you actually have to have people get on base to do that. For the most part the trends are more DP's hit into for the better offensive teams and less DP's hit into for the weaker offensive teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Legget didn't come into the game until the 9th inning Sunday... presumably for defense. But he didn't have a very good weekend at the plate
    No Legget came in and made the throwing error the inning before. Hatcher didn't enter til the 9th.

vCash
    Skinner is hitting .181 in his last 22 ABs. They're not the same.
    I said i'd start Cumbest. They both have holes. Cumbest went 1 for the weekend and looked bad, really bad.

vCash
    Skinner is hitting .181 in his last 22 ABs. They're not the same.
    Look who skinner faced during that 1-22 ..arguably 4 of the top 5 pitchers in The league
    Again there isn?t any difference except for the power.. I guess..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Look who skinner faced during that 1-22 ..arguably 4 of the top 5 pitchers in The league
    Again there isn?t any difference except for the power.. I guess..
    It?s not a good argument since he went from .225 season avg from the second game at Auburn to .214 today. It?s been long stretch of him hitting about the same. Heck he went 0-2 against Citadel.

Since start of league play Brad has gone from .346 to just .338 and people forget he went 4-7 vs Arkansas to open the season in our first home series. It?s a big difference in production between them

ETA. If you take away Skinners hit totals from the OM and Vandy series he would be hitting .226 instead of .214. If Brad hit identical to Skinner (which is your assertion) he would be at .310 right now. Not close to same.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 05-11-2021 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I don?t think we lost a game with Leggett at 3rd. I know we won 5 in a row until the change Sunday.
    Leggett?s error opened the door Sunday. And he gives us nothing at the plate
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Leggett?s error opened the door Sunday. And he gives us nothing at the plate
    I don’t think we have lost a game with Leggett starting at 3rd. Your statement doesn’t change that. His error was in the 8th and didn’t effect the score at all.

We are 12-1 overall when he starts. Many of us said he was going to get ate up in league play hitting with a lot of K’s but that doesn’t change that our runs was higher in his 4 recent league starts. Way too Small sample size but would liked to run that same line up on Sunday to see.

vCash
    That right- we got out of the jam he created.

It’s a tough call for Lemon. Leggett’s not going to hit but will be more consistent at 3B than James
    Cumbest is probably a better option in LF overall than Skinner- but he is going to K at a rate higher than what we would like.
    Hatcher can’t hit HS pitching right now- but good grief Hancock is below average at 1st. Dropping a throw in the air Saturday is absolutely awful.
    Clark had some good swings Sunday- but him playing pushes James on the field. I’ve wondered about us moving James to 1st. He can’t be any worse than Hancock over there.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Hey Momma McCants,
    Wouldn?t it be great to watch both your sons play together?..
    Make this happen..

And yes TA should be in the running and ( IMO) should win POY IF it goes to a position player.. as of today
    McCants playing together, as in at MSU? Yes, please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I don’t think we have lost a game with Leggett starting at 3rd. Your statement doesn’t change that. His error was in the 8th and didn’t effect the score at all.

We are 12-1 overall when he starts. Many of us said he was going to get ate up in league play hitting with a lot of K’s but that doesn’t change that our runs was higher in his 4 recent league starts. Way too Small sample size but would liked to run that same line up on Sunday to see.
    Batting Legget-cumbest(or skinner ) -Forsythe is putting 3 guys w huge k rates all back to back. Legget doesn't need to start. We just have to take the bad of james w the good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That right- we got out of the jam he created.

It’s a tough call for Lemon. Leggett’s not going to hit but will be more consistent at 3B than James
    Cumbest is probably a better option in LF overall than Skinner- but he is going to K at a rate higher than what we would like.
    Hatcher can’t hit HS pitching right now- but good grief Hancock is below average at 1st. Dropping a throw in the air Saturday is absolutely awful.
    Clark had some good swings Sunday- but him playing pushes James on the field. I’ve wondered about us moving James to 1st. He can’t be any worse than Hancock over there.
    It really is a tough call, trying solve one issue creates another or two.

I’ve thought about James at first as well but that doesn’t help change the line up. If, and this is a big if, Clark can quickly get consistent at the plate, him at first, Cam at 3rd, Hancock DH, has the potential of a stronger line-up and shores up first. Leggett can always come in late at 3rd for defense and you are not removing both your 3 and 4 hole hitters out of the lineup in case it goes extra innings like Sunday.

I don’t change the OF at all, Brad is the best option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Batting Legget-cumbest(or skinner ) -Forsythe is putting 3 guys w huge k rates all back to back. Legget doesn't need to start. We just have to take the bad of james w the good.
    I see that line of thinking and it may end up being our best option, it’s not any easy fixes. Without a bigger sample size it’s hard to know for sure but there is compelling data that shows Leggett starting at third is giving us better margins to win more games. Again, I can see your point and James playing better defense at third is a great answer to our problem. I can’t justify it completely but I also don’t like our 8, 9 make up either with Leggett and Forsythe. Brad k rate is an issue but overall he is hitting well enough and the defense is good so I’m fine with him at 7.