Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SEC Baseball Stats - SEC Games only thru 5/9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I don’t think we lost a game with Leggett at 3rd. I know we won 5 in a row until the change Sunday.
    Leggett's bat won't get it done IMO. Is his defense going to offset that? That's the decision. Cam can DH. But Clark might be the best option with Cam staying at 3B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Fornicate this defeatest bullshit. We are Sports God's Favorites at the Moment. Enjoy Sports God's Hard on while he maintains it. We are DEVIL DOGS!!!

This is one of many examples of what Sport's God has been doing for us lately. We are Badasses NOW!! Cherish the MOMENT!!

Just telling what I think we need to do to win the whole damn thing. I'm not worried about winning a damn regional or super. It's CWS or bust. Should be every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Tanner Allen is making a REALLY strong case for SEC POY at this point.
    Agree. He is a monster and a player no pitcher wants to see at the plate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    FIFY OLE MISS HAD a strong 1, 2 punch..... no more. Hate it for the kid though.
    I haven't seen anything definitive on Hoglund yet. Have you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Leggett's bat won't get it done IMO. Is his defense going to offset that? That's the decision. Cam can DH. But Clark might be the best option with Cam staying at 3B.
    Oh there are not any good solutions or it would have already been done obviously. I think I would have left the lineup as it was for Sunday to see if runs are really as good as the previous 4 SEC games averaged. 7.75 per game with 9 both USCe games on Friday and Sat. They are a solid pitching team. Leggett wasn’t the offensive catalyst, by no means do I mean that and we knew he would hit the wall, K a lot. Sometimes though a certain lineup just gels better and scores more. It’s close, the defensive numbers are a good bit better with Leggett at 3rd but it definitely puts 3 guys who can K a lot at your 7, 8, 9 and all three RH bats. Love Clark’s swing and potential, he really needs AB’s though if we go that route.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Yep but I think a pitcher from Vandy will get it because of all the media attn. BTW Pitchers should be kept out of POY consideration.
    I agree, they play 5-7 innings a week while position players play them all. Need to separate out from pitchers.

vCash
    Just telling you what I've said since day one. We can't field it and we've got to get bats in the lineup where possible. The defense can't be fixed. The hitting can improve with a couple guys like Clark and Cumbest hitting. Cumbest struggled this weekend some, but he's the best option. We're stuck with James at 3B. Hancock will have to hold down 1B.
    Shitty defense has been the reason for a lot of our losses. The lineup got us with Hatcher, Leggett, Skinner in there.
    Actually Sunday Cumbest got us... bases loaded 1 out and he fouls out to first.

Skinner against RH
    Cumbest against LH

I would love to see Mules numbers against quality pitching.. if there is a right handed with above average stuff on the bump, Mule is about as much of a threat as a MLB pitcher at the plate.. basically none

And Skinner little to no chance against a lefty.

So mix and match those guys accordingly
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 05-10-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Just telling what I think we need to do to win the whole damn thing. I'm not worried about winning a damn regional or super. It's CWS or bust. Should be every year.
    Luck always comes into play in all levels of baseball at the championship level. We are now relying on NO Luck. It will take LUCK for others to defeat us at this point. WE are the Badasses right now. Deal with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Luck always comes into play in all levels of baseball at the championship level. We are now relying on NO Luck. It will take LUCK for others to defeat us at this point. WE are the Badasses right now. Deal with it.
    You make your own luck.

vCash
    You make your own luck.
    "The harder I practise, the luckier I get." Gary Player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

Skinner against RH
    Cumbest against LH

I would love to see Mules numbers against quality pitching.. if there is a right handed with above average stuff on the bump, Mule is about as much of a threat as a MLB pitcher at the plate.. basically none

Cumbest was better vs RH pitching than left last time I checked. Granted, that was a week or so ago. I was surprised. Skinner isn't much of a hitter.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    "The harder I practise, the luckier I get." Gary Player
    Not doubting you at all but when I was a teenager back in the late 70's, I motocross raced a YZ 80 Yamaha, wasn't that good but I DID do it; one of a few of my favorites, I think it was Marty Smith who rode the CR125 Honda Elsinore said the same thing about practice. Hurricane Bob Hannah rode the yamahs back then, he may have been the one. At ant rate, constant practice indeed creates more luck, no doubt about it.

vCash
    No. If we won't to win kam has to play third. And play it at a decent level. Legget and cumbest and forsythe in the back 3 is a huge k rate that won't work offensively. We k enough guys that we can play w kam at third.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I haven't seen anything definitive on Hoglund yet. Have you?
    Every sign points to ucl. Even spirit is saying it

vCash
    Cumbest was better vs RH pitching than left last time I checked. Granted, that was a week or so ago. I was surprised. Skinner isn't much of a hitter.
    They are the same guy except skinner has less pop. Huge k rate. I'd start cumbest but mix and match depending on matchup.

Banned
    vCash
    somebody splain Cumbest's batting average vs at bats. I'll hang up and listen

vCash
    They are the same guy except skinner has less pop. Huge k rate. I'd start cumbest but mix and match depending on matchup.
    Why not give McDonald a shot. Hell he has been tearing the ball up from looking at stats...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Why not give McDonald a shot. Hell he has been tearing the ball up from looking at stats...
    That’s very limited action vs weak teams. Against strong pitching you would see that average dive. Same thing was being said about Leggett and many knew that SEC pitching was going to change his fortunes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

Skinner against RH
    Cumbest against LH

Yes, yes, yes?These guys should rotate depending on the matchup?..
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Skinner is hitting .181 in his last 22 ABs. They're not the same.