Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: So does an intra-SEC transfer not have to sit out now?...

  1. #1
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,819
    vCash
    1200

    So does an intra-SEC transfer not have to sit out now?...

    I thought that was still the rule but I keep seeing news like the TN leading tackler going to AL and Turnage from AL likely going to OM. I actually thought the SEC was keeping the rule that you would still have to sit out if you make a move within the SEC? Is that true?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    8,801
    vCash
    50214
    Still in place for now. But it's about to change and you can say goodbye to decent football. Blue bloods are about to rape everyone. They'll lose their weak players and go get better ones.

  3. #3
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,819
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Still in place for now. But it's about to change and you can say goodbye to decent football. Blue bloods are about to rape everyone. They'll lose their weak players and go get better ones.
    Yep, EVERY decision the NCAA is making in football is making the sport less competitive and keeping all the top talent concentrated in a few power programs. College football will continue to be the least competitive major sport there is.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,233
    vCash
    500
    The transfer stuff is going to kill college football, to the extent that the predictability already hasn't. Just a shitty product.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,667
    vCash
    600
    I'm considering dropping my football tickets. Def keeping the baseball tickets. Baseball is just a much better product and there is more parity year in and year out. College football is broken.

  6. #6
    Senior Member KOdawg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    7,143
    vCash
    2674
    College football was fun while it lasted. It had a good run.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,306
    vCash
    600
    I?m dropping my football tickets... I even went last year, but it?s just not worth the effort.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,667
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I?m dropping my football tickets... I even went last year, but it?s just not worth the effort.
    I've seen several say this. I'm concerned about it and what it may look like come September

  9. #9
    Senior Member DownwardDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Covington County Mississippi
    Posts
    7,095
    vCash
    996345
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    College football was fun while it lasted. It had a good run.
    Yep
    We are told NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics."
    BUT...
    We are encouraged TO judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Dawgology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,948
    vCash
    50025
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    College football was fun while it lasted. It had a good run.
    I said several years back that dynasties like Bama would ruin college football and everyone laughed. I stand by that. At some point fans from the other 120 just lose interest and, surprisingly, fans of teams that win almost every time begin to lose interest as well over time. Every move the NCAA has made lately just props up those same teams as long as it keeps generating money.

    There is no real parity. It?s boring for the most part outside of a few games a year where teams are evenly matched.

  11. #11
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35,113
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I said several years back that dynasties like Bama would ruin college football and everyone laughed. I stand by that. At some point fans from the other 120 just lose interest and, surprisingly, fans of teams that win almost every time begin to lose interest as well over time. Every move the NCAA has made lately just props up those same teams as long as it keeps generating money.

    There is no real parity. It?s boring for the most part outside of a few games a year where teams are evenly matched.
    Obviously I've been shouting about this for years, but I just can't figure out where the ADs and keepers of the game are that should be speaking out against this stuff and be proponents for parity.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,667
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Obviously I've been shouting about this for years, but I just can't figure out where the ADs and keepers of the game are that should be speaking out against this stuff and be proponents for parity.
    They will speak up soon as interest dwindles and stadiums are 70% full. They've never had to address it. But I think the day is coming quickly.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    15,841
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    College football was fun while it lasted. It had a good run.
    I've always loved college football but as usual money and power have ruined something that was so enjoyable.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Madison, Alabama
    Posts
    12,624
    vCash
    1883832
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    The transfer stuff is going to kill college football, to the extent that the predictability already hasn't. Just a shitty product.
    It's also one step closer to professional athletes. I don't know why they even pretend otherwise.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Madison, Alabama
    Posts
    12,624
    vCash
    1883832
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I'm considering dropping my football tickets. Def keeping the baseball tickets. Baseball is just a much better product and there is more parity year in and year out. College football is broken.
    It may seem like there's more parity because we happen to be one of those on top.

  16. #16
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    10,008
    vCash
    206152
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    It may seem like there's more parity because we happen to be one of those on top.
    10 of 14 SEC teams have won at least a share of the SEC baseball title in the past 20 years - only 2 teams (A&M and Mizzou) have never won it.

    Only 5 SEC teams have won the SEC football title in the past 20 year -and 5 schools have never won.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Dawgology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,948
    vCash
    50025
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    10 of 14 SEC teams have won at least a share of the SEC baseball title in the past 20 years - only 2 teams (A&M and Mizzou) have never won it.

    Only 5 SEC teams have won the SEC football title in the past 20 year -and 5 schools have never won.
    Yep. Fewer scholarships equals more parity. It?s an easy fix that won?t happen in football until it?s too late.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,667
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    It may seem like there's more parity because we happen to be one of those on top.
    Nah. We are 80% through the league schedule and 4 teams are within a game of first.

  19. #19
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,819
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    They will speak up soon as interest dwindles and stadiums are 70% full. They've never had to address it. But I think the day is coming quickly.
    I'm not sure. If you speak up about reducing scholarship totals for football or making EVERY non-graduate transfer football player sit out a year or oppose NIL side money, then you are painted as being against the players. Its all part of cancel culture. If you are on the designated 'wrong' side of an issue you are blasted. No coaches or ADs are really willing to stand up for things that would make college football a competitive product because of the feared backlash. Only way it might change is if SEC and college football revenue actually started going down.

  20. #20
    TheDynastyIsDead TUSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    12,434
    vCash
    1173562
    Granted, it's intensified, but there have always been "dynasties".... and there will always will be... and they'll change....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

    No.


    Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.