Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should be blatantly obvious now

vCash

What should be blatantly obvious now

Is that our best is as good as anyone else in the country. We just went on the road and took the series from a conference team in consideration for a host spot and we did it pretty easily. And we go for the sweep tomorrow.

Team has grown a lot since the Arkansas series and we look as good as anyone else in the country right now. Do we have flaws and weaknesses? Sure. Doesn't mean we aren't capable. This team has the ability to win a title. Period. Anyone that says otherwise just wants to hedge their happiness because they expect us to come up short.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Is that our best is as good as anyone else in the country. We just went on the road and took the series from a conference team in consideration for a host spot and we did it pretty easily. And we go for the sweep tomorrow.

Team has grown a lot since the Arkansas series and we look as good as anyone else in the country right now. Do we have flaws and weaknesses? Sure. Doesn't mean we aren't capable. This team has the ability to win a title. Period. Anyone that says otherwise just wants to hedge their happiness because they expect us to come up short.
    Even NC teams have flaws. We have NC ingredients and agree we are playing as good as anyone right now.

I'd like to see us pitch regular to start SECT then go heavy into the pen. If we win SECT it will be with our inexperienced arms. Save are studs for the run.

vCash
    I agree. The ingredients are there, now let's bake the damn cake.

vCash
    Remember when we ran into that hot 'Zona team; we were as good as them or better BUT they were 'hotter' and 'had more momentum!'

Tought me that we want to peak at the regionals, suppers and CWS!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    I was ready to see geautreau geau.

But just like the few previous years, I see improvement in these hitters throughout the lineup. (Except for Hatcher, who has been pretty much benched now)

vCash
    It’s amazing what happens when the coaches get time to do their job…..

vCash
    Defense is our weakness when our starters give us quality starts. Hitting has come around. Pen is deep.

vCash
    There will always be a trade off. We are talented. Will have pain in 1 or the other. To me you err on the side of fewer walks and defense. But there is a choice at the end of the day. Are we better with the new lineup? Right now definitely. No team is perfect but I love the moves even though I hope Hatcher gets it together. But at this point what is the trade off? Today I say it was an even trade. Hancock homer, error vs Hatcher in lineup and not producing.

vCash
    Forsythe has saved us in the field vs what we sometimes lose at plate. I’ll say this again outs are gonna be made. It’s imperative we have players step up win 1-3 in lineup have a tough day. Y’all can believe the top of the order can carry us but baseball odds say that shit ain’t gonna always happen. Also some will hate this but we will lose several times in the coming weeks. It’s just baseball. Just win when it’s important

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Remember when we ran into that hot 'Zona team; we were as good as them or better BUT they were 'hotter' and 'had more momentum!'

Tought me that we want to peak at the regionals, suppers and CWS!
    Depends on the draw. If we draw what we're projected- I really like our odds of at least getting to Omaha. Last time we were absolutely screwed by the umpire. We have a deeper bullpen now than we did last time though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I agree. The ingredients are there, now let's bake the damn cake.

Cake? I want a beef Wellington.**

vCash
    TD Ameritrade dimensions could be a big asset for us. Keeps Arkansas and Vandy sluggers in the ball park.

Reducing the long ball makes us equal with those guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    TD Ameritrade dimensions could be a big asset for us. Keeps Arkansas and Vandy sluggers in the ball park.

Probably Arkansas moreso than Vandy. The thing about Vandy to watch right now is to see if Rocker and Leiter are breaking down.

vCash

When we played for the Natty Title in '13, we were the better team. We had more power but not the pitching the UCLA had. They beat us in hitting with fundamental small ball and their pitching made up for lack of power. We were crushing balls that would've been out of ballparks anywhere else. The balls and the bats were different. We all know that. Dudy Noble is actually more like TD Ameritrade is than I think we realize. It has more foul territory in the infield but not in the outfield, just like the Dude. I want to say our guys can lay those hits in those narrow spots better than others. TD Ameritrade is bigger on purpose for sure, but not by much. It favors the right handed batter and not he left. At TD, right field plays deeper allowing balls hit that way to drop in more. My point being is that the hitters we got will be more prone to putting balls into play to advance runners instead of trying to muscle it out. Just like UCLA in '13. BUT we have some of the power to go with it to now that the balls and bats are different. Maybe I'm rambling and I've had some bourbons. Am I making any sense? What say you? Tell me to shut up if I'm dumb.

TD Ameritrade:
    Left Line ? 335 ft (102 m)
    Left Center ? 375 ft (114 m)
    Center Field ? 408 ft (124 m)
    Right Center ? 375 ft (114 m)
    Right Line ? 335 ft (102 m)[1]

Dudy Noble:
    LF: 330 ft (100.6 m)
    LC: 376 ft (114.6 m)
    CF: 390 ft (118.9 m)
    RC: 374 ft (114.0 m)
    RF: 305 ft (93.0 m

vCash
    Saint Dawg, TDA plays huge during CWS in mid summer. Balls die in the outfield. It is not a home run derby park.

Rangers Stadium is basically the same size as TDA with 6 foot shallower corners, played huge. Even Arkansas only got a single HR in that park.

vCash
    Saint Dawg, TDA plays huge during CWS in mid summer. Balls die in the outfield. It is not a home run derby park.

Rangers Stadium is basically the same size as TDA with 6 foot shallower corners, played huge. Even Arkansas only got a single HR in that park.
    Yeah man.. I know it does. Like I said, I've been drinking and reading stats, etc. etc. Some numbers just popped out to me. That's all.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

Gonna try and rep

Banned
    vCash
    I've always believed to design your park and croot based on Omaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    There will always be a trade off. We are talented. Will have pain in 1 or the other. To me you err on the side of fewer walks and defense. But there is a choice at the end of the day. Are we better with the new lineup? Right now definitely. No team is perfect but I love the moves even though I hope Hatcher gets it together. But at this point what is the trade off? Today I say it was an even trade. Hancock homer, error vs Hatcher in lineup and not producing.
    But having Hancock at 1B also allows us to DH James, which greatly improves the defense at 3B. So you don't ultimately lose anything on defense overall and you improve the lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    But having Hancock at 1B also allows us to DH James, which greatly improves the defense at 3B. So you don't ultimately lose anything on defense overall and you improve the lineup.
    +1