Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
Is that our best is as good as anyone else in the country. We just went on the road and took the series from a conference team in consideration for a host spot and we did it pretty easily. And we go for the sweep tomorrow.

Team has grown a lot since the Arkansas series and we look as good as anyone else in the country right now. Do we have flaws and weaknesses? Sure. Doesn't mean we aren't capable. This team has the ability to win a title. Period. Anyone that says otherwise just wants to hedge their happiness because they expect us to come up short.
They're definitely capable. We've had a lot of capable teams. We just don't ever do it. I'm at the point in my life where I think to win a title you either have to have a boatload of scholarships like Vandy, or you just have to get damn lucky. We've just never been too good in the luck department. It's a shame we didn't win a title about 25+ years ago, because there's way more parity now and you might as well just put a bunch of names in a bag every postseason and pick one out to win the CWS.