Thread: Jack Kruger

vCash

Jack Kruger

Kruger just made his MLB debut for the Angels. Congrats, Jack. Always seemed like a good dude

vCash
    That 2016 team was so good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    F U Bobby Dalbec. We might have had a National Title in 2016 if not for that guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    4 MLB players - so far
    Kruger, Rooker, Hudson, & Lowe

Collins is in AAA with Cleveland
    Gridley (A's), Houston (Tigers), Humphreys (Rockies), Pilkington (White Sox), Robson (Tigers), Gordon (Mets), Small (Brewers) all in AA
    Mangum (Mets), Stovall (Rockies) in A

That's at ton of guys from 1 team
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    4 MLB players - so far

Gridley (A's), Houston (Tigers), Humphreys (Rockies), Pilkington (White Sox), Robson (Tigers), Gordon (Mets), Small (Brewers) all in AA

Did Robson get called up for a short little while?

vCash
    4 MLB players - so far

"I bet these guys Won it All in College!"

How many players does Costal Carolina have in MLB from 2016? None.

I'm glad JC was gone the following season, too bad it was just in time to hire Moorehead that nearly matched this waste of talent in 2018-Football and then hired NMP for a huge waste in 2021-WBB. He's done a hattrick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

I'm glad JC was gone the following season, too bad it was just in time to hire Moorehead that nearly matched this waste of talent in 2018-Football and then hired NMP for a huge waste in 2021-WBB. He's done a hattrick.
    So by that logic - we should have wanted Polk gone after failing in '85 AND only making 1 CWS with two border-line Baseball HOFer's and two All-Star MLB pitchers?? And Jackie after wasting a 10-2 team in '99 with an NFL OG, RB, TE, & 2 DB's?

I don't think Cohen is the best - but, damn some of the hate you guys have for him is ridiculous. Talented teams lose. Sometimes its coaching. Sometimes its players. Sometimes its both. Sometimes they just can't meld together and produce at their highest level.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    4 MLB players - so far

I hate that Mangum is not doing better. Love that guy!

vCash
    So by that logic - we should have wanted Polk gone after failing in '85 AND only making 1 CWS with two border-line Baseball HOFer's and two All-Star MLB pitchers?? And Jackie after wasting a 10-2 team in '99 with an NFL OG, RB, TE, & 2 DB's?

I don't think Cohen is the best - but, damn some of the hate you guys have for him is ridiculous. Talented teams lose. Sometimes its coaching. Sometimes its players. Sometimes its both. Sometimes they just can't meld together and produce at their highest level.
    It wasn't even any of those really. They just ran into an excellent pitcher who had a coach willing to throw him a 1,000 pitches in a weekend if that was what it took.

vCash
    So I guess Kruger replaced Albert Pujols?

No pressure.**

vCash

John Cohen took us further than any baseball coach to date and is only one of two to have coached us in a National Championship game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It wasn't even any of those really. They just ran into an excellent pitcher who had a coach willing to throw him a 1,000 pitches in a weekend if that was what it took.
    I'd file that under the "sometimes it's players". Baseball and basketball are two sports that a single player getting hot can change the outcomes very quickly. A pitcher being "on" is the greatest weapon in the game. It equalizes the talent of the opponent in a way that happens in no other team sport. It's such a fickle game.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I'd file that under the "sometimes it's players". Baseball and basketball are two sports that a single player getting hot can change the outcomes very quickly. A pitcher being "on" is the greatest weapon in the game. It equalizes the talent of the opponent in a way that happens in no other team sport. It's such a fickle game.
    Bobby Dalbec turned into Shohei Ohtani that weekend. I've never seen a performance like that since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Did Robson get called up for a short little while?
    No. But he was close I believe. At least for a short stint anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Bobby Dalbec turned into Shohei Ohtani that weekend. I've never seen a performance like that since.
    It's not the same by any means - but when my son was 12, his baseball team had lost 3 pitchers to injuries (non-pitching related) and we had 2 games left in the season. The coach basically held tryouts at practice to find someone who could come close to getting the ball over the plate with consistency. He decides on a kid who hadn't played much all season, and sure hadn't shown an ability to pitch. The kid went out an threw a 5 inning no-hitter, no walks, and only the only thing that kept him from a perfect game was that he hit the first batter on the first pitch of the game. Damndest thing I've ever seen in sports at any level.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Banned
    vCash
    These are some of my favorite threads. Love goin' down memory lane and checking in on my Dogs' professional careers. Thank you all.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 05-07-2021 at 11:04 AM.

vCash

85 was totally different - the Ankle incident and the aluminum tomahawk homerun. Once you get into the final games, it's just random variables. Plus, I was just a toddler then, I was prolly looking for Frogs in a creek that afternoon.

89 was a mild example of Polk using his Ace vs the lesser opponents, then losing the pivotal game 3. But even then, Chris George was a real Lion and Freshman All American on the mound. It's wasn't like starting Trevor Fitts vs UCLA in the championship series.

There is a valid argument that we should be thankful for JC at least being in the hunt. Big boys can accept that world view in others.

vCash
    85 was totally different - the Ankle incident and the aluminum tomahawk homerun. Once you get into the final games, it's just random variables. Plus, I was just a toddler then, I was prolly looking for Frogs in a creek that afternoon.

89 was a mild example of Polk using his Ace vs the lesser opponents, then losing the pivotal game 3. But even then, Chris George was a real Lion and Freshman All American on the mound. It's wasn't like starting Trevor Fitts vs UCLA in the championship series.

There is a valid argument that we should be thankful for JC at least being in the hunt. Big boys can accept that world view in others.
    It's not like Fitts lost us that first game against UCLA - he did almost exactly what he had been asked to do in every start late that season - be a starting bridge to Girodo who would pitch the bulk of the game.

What is the difference in a line drive off the ankle and a future MLBer having one of the best outings of his career and winning a 1-0 game? They are both random acts of baseball. Neither of them actually knocked us out. The reactions - or lack there of in the next game - is where we lost. The ability to come back from the random adversity that baseball throws at you is where championships are won. In '85, '13 and in '16 we lost dagger to the heart close games and failed to perform in the next game. I have a hard time pining that on a coach. If the players can't shake that loss, you are done no matter what coaching decisions you make. Just look at '13 - after a tight loss, you have our hitters shut down again, and Mitchell and Holder getting shelled. That team was a dead man walking coming out of the dugout. You see it at all levels of baseball. There are just times you can tell when a loss has killed a team. And it has happened to the best coaches in the game.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18