Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Howland on next years BB team............

vCash

Ben Howland on next years BB team............

STARKVILLE - Ben Howland wasn't coy.

"I will tell you this, and I want you to quote me: Buy your season tickets now. Get on board now," the Mississippi State men's basketball coach said. "We?re going to be good, and this is going to be fun. The Hump is going to rock."

This is the first time I've been excited about men's BB team in many years. This 2021 year could be a great year in the 3 big sports.
    Last edited by 99jc; 05-06-2021 at 06:33 PM.

vCash
    Well one thing is for sure, the fans won't be more worried about the Women's team this year. I hope we make the Hump as awesome as it was back in the Stansbury days

vCash
    If we get Lefty back- we are a Sweet 16 team. He will be held to the same level as Stands. You have the team- deliver
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    STARKVILLE - Ben Howland wasn't coy.

"I will tell you this, and I want you to quote me: Buy your season tickets now. Get on board now," the Mississippi State men's basketball coach said. "We?re going to be good, and this is going to be fun. The Hump is going to rock."

This is the first time I've been excited about men's BB team in many years. This 2021 year could be a great year in the 3 big sports.
    I like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Well one thing is for sure, the fans won't be more worried about the Women's team this year. I hope we make the Hump as awesome as it was back in the Stansbury days
    My goodness do the Nikki Mccray haters have to come in every basketball topic with negativity? If you don't want to support them then don't, and if they turn out to be good keep that same energy and don't support them then either. I will support all of our programs, that's what fans do. A new coach with a new system doesn't always work year one.

Back to the topic, I am excited about bringing in Jeffries and Brooks, 2 proven players from high level teams to go along with Molinar Tolu and Hopefully DJ. That starting 5 would be scary. And Fountain, Matthews, Davis and Garcia are good bench players. Plus our Freshman, We still need to get another Gaurd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    My goodness do the Nikki Mccray haters have to come in every basketball topic with negativity?
    Not sure about "every" topic, but yes to this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Not sure about "every" topic, but yes to this one.
    Then remain that way. Don't change up if things get turned around.

vCash
    Let?s roll then, Benjamin.

vCash

Blue hairs care nothing about men's bball

Stupid response.

vCash
    My goodness do the Nikki Mccray haters have to come in every basketball topic with negativity? If you don't want to support them then don't, and if they turn out to be good keep that same energy and don't support them then either. I will support all of our programs, that's what fans do. A new coach with a new system doesn't always work year one.

Back to the topic, I am excited about bringing in Jeffries and Brooks, 2 proven players from high level teams to go along with Molinar Tolu and Hopefully DJ. That starting 5 would be scary. And Fountain, Matthews, Davis and Garcia are good bench players. Plus our Freshman, We still need to get another Gaurd
    Getting DJ back lets us compete for the SEC title and should be Sweet 16. Dickie V has already put us in his early top 25.

vCash

The Women's Basketball cult came into every basketball thread for the last 5 years to tell that Vic Schaefer was sent down from heaven and all his players just played their gosh darned hearts out and took pictures with little Jimmy and Johnny. We're making up for lost time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Getting DJ back lets us compete for the SEC title and should be Sweet 16. Dickie V has already put us in his early top 25.
    I agree.. it will be a very talented team. Right now most Mock Drafts have DJ as a 2nd rounder, so unless he gets some sort of guarantee like Woodard did last year, I expect and hope he comes back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The Women's Basketball cult came into every basketball thread for the last 5 years to tell that Vic Schaefer was sent down from heaven and all his players just played their gosh darned hearts out and took pictures with little Jimmy and Johnny. We're making up for lost time.
    Lol thats actually funny.... but my goodness give her a fair shot or simply don't follow the Women if you are that bitter.

vCash

Not to hate on NMP but there may be some truth to the premise of women's basketball attendance having an impact on the men's attendance. Starkville is a great place and I really enjoyed my time there because I like smaller towns. But, with that smaller population, it makes it harder to fill 10k seats as often. If the women's program is down, then it likely will help attendance for men's games.

On the flip side, I live in Northwest AR where I think the area could fill multiple 10k seat events on the same night often. Along with that there are tons of people and traffic everywhere you go, want them or not. Many of those are idiots transporting from California. Can suck for people that like things simple - good for coliseums that want to fill seats.

vCash
    Lol thats actually funny.... but my goodness give her a fair shot or simply don't follow the Women if you are that bitter.
    I'm all for giving her a fair shot. I actually think our fans are too hard on her. What I'm bitter about is that while Howland was ho hum winning 20 games a year for the last 4 years and bringing our program back from the Rick Ray death penalty he can't get 5,000 people to show up. At the same time if Vic Schaefer sat out at mid court and read the paper it'd be a sellout. I'm bitter that the cult thought he walked on water and everything about him and his family was perfect. It wasn't.

vCash
    Meh, we'll see.....Until we get someone who can consistently break a press and handle the ball, I'm not buying just yet......I don't care what anyone says, losing Devion Smith hurt......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Meh, we'll see.....Until we get someone who can consistently break a press and handle the ball, I'm not buying just yet......I don't care what anyone says, losing Devion Smith hurt......
    That's a legit concern.

Opposing teams are gonna have to figure out how to rebound against us. Smith and brooks are gonna beat teams up on the boards. I think Molinar has a huge year

vCash
    A fair shot? She had elite 8 talent last year and took the largest bed shit I have ever seen. Even JoMo was shaking his head at the size of the turd she left between the sheets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I don?t understand the reasoning behind automatically thinking D Smith would have helped with breaking the press with any level of consistency. There was a reason we had to stop using him at point. However I do agree we still more help in the area. I just don?t think D Smith would have been the answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    Not to hate on NMP but there may be some truth to the premise of women's basketball attendance having an impact on the men's attendance. Starkville is a great place and I really enjoyed my time there because I like smaller towns. But, with that smaller population, it makes it harder to fill 10k seats as often. If the women's program is down, then it likely will help attendance for men's games.

On the flip side, I live in Northwest AR where I think the area could fill multiple 10k seat events on the same night often. Along with that there are tons of people and traffic everywhere you go, want them or not. Many of those are idiots transporting from California. Can suck for people that like things simple - good for coliseums that want to fill seats.
    I don't think there's any doubt that there's some truth to that. May not be as big of a factor as people thing, as a lot of the bandwagon jumpers on the women's team probably wouldn't be there if they had to pay men's basketball prices and so wouldn'dt be going to men's regardless, but certainly there are some fans that want to support a basketball team and aren't going to multiple games a week in person, so they choose the one we're likely to win.