Thread: Jacob Lindgren

vCash

Jacob Lindgren

Back pitching again for Charlotte knights (Chicago white sox AAA team). Saw him in box score keeping up with braves milb. I really thought lindgren might have been done. Maybe he'll make it again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Back pitching again for Charlotte knights (Chicago white sox AAA team). Saw him in box score keeping up with braves milb. I really thought lindgren might have been done. Maybe he'll make it again
    Didn't he have a 2nd TJ surgery or something like that? I think he had signed with the Braves after the Yankees cut him but never played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Didn't he have a 2nd TJ surgery or something like that? I think he had signed with the Braves after the Yankees cut him but never played.
    Yup, had em almost back-to-back... like 18 months apart

vCash
    Yup, had em almost back-to-back... like 18 months apart
    Maybe he bounces back now. Graveman is throwing straight gas now after he recovered. He is hitting 99-100 whereas he was low 90s at MSU. Hopefully Lindgren gets new life in his arm like that. His slider was straight nasty. I always felt bad for hitter, catcher, and ump when he was throwing that pitch.

vCash
    Maybe he bounces back now. Graveman is throwing straight gas now after he recovered. He is hitting 99-100 whereas he was low 90s at MSU. Hopefully Lindgren gets new life in his arm like that. His slider was straight nasty. I always felt bad for hitter, catcher, and ump when he was throwing that pitch.
    Graveman at 99-100?
    deGrom seems to gain velocity with age.
    Lots of pitchers gaining velocity

I'm beginning to wonder if the roid era is back.

vCash
    Graveman at 99-100?

I was surprised myself. Graveman is the Mariners closer now.

vCash
    Graveman at 99-100?

I think the PEDs stuff is a constant battle back and forth between finding new stuff (or altered stuff) and the league finding a way to detect it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I think the PEDs stuff is a constant battle back and forth between finding new stuff (or altered stuff) and the league finding a way to detect it.
    I wonder if pitchers have ever experimented with EPO like cyclists. It so good at allowing you to rebound physically I would think a pitcher could use it in the same manner.

vCash
    Watched Woodruff's start against the Phillies today. He is such a freak. His ability to maintain velocity for his entire performance is so darn impressive. It is like watching a closer come into the 9th inning but Woodruff does it for 6 and 7 innings. Hope we maintain a good relationship with him because his next contract is going to be well into the hundreds of millions. Definitely on his way to having the best MLB pitching career of any former MSU player. Close to a Top 5 pitcher in all of MLB right now.
    Last edited by CovertDawg; 05-06-2021 at 05:25 PM.

vCash
    Get to watch Ethan Small next week in Biloxi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I wonder if pitchers have ever experimented with EPO like cyclists. It so good at allowing you to rebound physically I would think a pitcher could use it in the same manner.
    Isn't that what Roger Clemens was supposedly doing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    Watched Woodruff's start against the Phillies today. He is such a freak. His ability to maintain velocity for his entire performance is so darn impressive. It is like watching a closer come into the 9th inning but Woodruff does it for 6 and 7 innings. Hope we maintain a good relationship with him because his next contract is going to be well into the hundreds of millions. Definitely on his way to having the best MLB pitching career of any former MSU player. Close to a Top 5 pitcher in all of MLB right now.
    I believe he is a proud MSU bulldog. I wonder if any of the guys that Polk tried to get to revolt when Cohen was hired are back to supporting the program especially since Polk and MSU have made up.

vCash
    Isn't that what Roger Clemens was supposedly doing?
    He was on HGH.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Banned
    vCash
    I believe he is a proud MSU bulldog. I wonder if any of the guys that Polk tried to get to revolt when Cohen was hired are back to supporting the program especially since Polk and MSU have made up.
    Would also be interested in how all that "kiss and make up" stuff transpired and where it is today.

vCash
    Graveman at 99-100?

Dude
    Graveman trained his ass off! I got to see it first hand as he trains at the same facility my boys and I train at.

Watch many bullpens with my 12yr old - he’d call out sinker 94 on the black off lefty’s right hip - it’d be 94 on the black

What I thought was cool watching- he’d stick around and watch the other bullpens from other aspiring MLB pitcher and give pointers/feedback for improvement
    Don?t bunt, hit tanks!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Dude
    Graveman trained his ass off! I got to see it first hand as he trains at the same facility my boys and I train at.

Watch many bullpens with my 12yr old - he?d call out sinker 94 on the black off lefty?s right hip - it?d be 94 on the black

What I thought was cool watching- he?d stick around and watch the other bullpens from other aspiring MLB pitcher and give pointers/feedback for improvement
    I'm not saying he's cheating. I'm just saying it's odd to me that so many pitchers are adding velocity in their 30s. Usually pitchers either lose or just maintain it. So far Kendall's avg fastball this season is 96.9, which is 2.1 more than last season and 4.2 more than his career avg. That's a huge increase.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/ke...ats?position=P

He isn't alone... drew smyly of the braves added velocity at age 31. deGrom is still adding at 32. I'd say most pitchers follow one of these paths though...

Scherzer - maintain velocity
    https://www.fangraphs.com/players/max-scherzer/3137/stats?position=P

Strasburg - lose velocity
    https://www.fangraphs.com/players/stephen-strasburg/10131/stats?position=P
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-07-2021 at 02:18 PM.

vCash
    Graveman at 99-100?

The Driveline program that everyone is training with now is what is upping pitchers velo(not saying that some aren't using help), but this program is pretty incredible for increasing velo. My son's using the Driveline program and his velo has gone up 5-6 mph in less than a year in the program. If you have a chance check it out.