Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 team with LeMo

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

2016 team with LeMo

I genuinely believe had LeMo been the coach of the 2016 team that we would have won a National Championship.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Preacher you need to lay off the hard stuff. The 2016 team went as far as they could and really overachieved.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Preacher you need to lay off the hard stuff. The 2016 team went as far as they could and really overachieved.
    Negative sir. One of the most talented teams we’ve ever had. And had Hudson, Sexton, and Pilk throwing. With Zac Houston dominating out of the pen.

vCash
    The 2016 team was super talented, but we just ran into a hot Arizona team that went on to play for the championship that year. I don't think Lemonis does anything different that changes the outcome of that series

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Negative sir. One of the most talented teams we’ve ever had. And had Hudson, Sexton, and Pilk throwing. With Zac Houston dominating out of the pen.
    Arizona beat us 1-0 with a SP who was on a roll. They beat us 6-5 coming back after we had a lead. Nothing Lemon would/could have done to make things different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The 2016 team was super talented, but we just ran into a hot Arizona team that went on to play for the championship that year. I don't think Lemonis does anything different that changes the outcome of that series
    He wouldn’t have bunted 9 times throughout the 2 game series. And he def wouldn’t have bunted Reid humphries in the 3rd inning

vCash
    He wouldn’t have bunted 9 times throughout the 2 game series. And he def wouldn’t have bunted Reid humphries in the 3rd inning
    Humphries was 0-4 vs Arizona with 3 K's- and failed to get the sac

vCash
    Sorry that's wrong. We were 2nd in the SEC in BA (.308), 5th in ERA (3.35), and 5th in fielding. We won the SEC outright and were a national seed. We had 11 players drafted that year.

We most definitely didn't "over achieve" by losing in the Supers. 2013 overachieved, 2017 overachieved. 2016 underachieved by not making Omaha

vCash
    I haven't seen anything from Lemonis I haven't seen from any other State baseball coaches. Well, except he hasn't banged a staffer I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I haven't seen anything from Lemonis I haven't seen from any other State baseball coaches. Well, except he hasn't banged a staffer I guess.
    That we know of..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    That we know of..
    He might not do handwritten letters either.

vCash
    Hump needed to bunt that game to be honest.

vCash
    2016 team didn't overachieve. They were super talented & possibly the best team in the country.

That being said, we didn't lose it as much as Arizona just got hot & nothing Lemo would have done would've prevented Arizona from catching fire. Arizona ended up in the CWS final that year
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    2016 was mismanaged, Lemo may not have managed it better. But Foxhall probably manages the pitchers way better.

(1) Reid Humphries was dog meat to decent right handed pitching and terrible defensively in OF, he misplayed the fly ball to give up run in game-1 vs Arizona
    (2) JC iced and forgot about Cody Brown, clutch has hell Cody was left handed and would have done better vs Dalbec was iced and forgotten by JC in late 2016
    (3) JC cut a very competent and experienced LH hitter in Luke Reynolds. After he hit 370 in the SEC in 2015. Reynold then produced an All American year at USM hitting 389 with 18 HRs. JC cut him from the roster preseason.
    (4) our hottest pitcher Zac Houston did not throw a pitch vs Arizona. With Arizona completely selling out to hang on for dear life with left our best pitcher unused.
    (5) JC yanked Brent Rooker, triple crown Brent Rooker in critical Game-2. To let Micheal Smith bat.
    (6) we DH?ed with with Elih Marrero in game-2! A 200 hitter while Cody watched and Reynolds prepared to win the CUSA triple crown
    (7) meanwhile in the bullpen, MiniMe maybe destroyed the arms of our greatest ever pitching recruiting class
    (8) cherry on top, Pilkington our best LHP with SEC experience was never used in post season. We had to watch Reid Humphries melt down and lose game-2.

Just my opinion, Cohen sank the Titanic then got promoted!

Following season, with no pitching and half the roster talent, Cannizzaro fully matched him in a Super Regional. AC lost in a valiant last stand in Baton Rouge.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 05-04-2021 at 10:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    2016 was mismanaged, Lemo may not have managed it better. But Foxhall probably manages the pitchers way better.

(1) Reid Humphries was dog meat to decent right handed pitching and terrible defensively in OF, he misplayed the fly ball to give up run in game-1 vs Arizona
    (2) JC iced and forgot about Cody Brown, clutch has hell Cody was left handed and would have done better vs Dalbec was iced and forgotten by JC in late 2016
    (3) JC cut a very competent and experienced LH hitter in Luke Reynolds. After he hit 370 in the SEC in 2015. Reynold then produced an All American year at USM hitting 389 with 18 HRs. JC cut him from the roster preseason.
    (4) our hottest pitcher Zac Houston did not throw a pitch vs Arizona. With Arizona completely selling out to hang on for dear life with left our best pitcher unused.
    (5) JC yanked Brent Rooker, triple crown Brent Rooker in critical Game-2. To let Micheal Smith bat.
    (6) we DH?ed with with Elih Marrero in game-2! A 200 hitter while Cody watched and Reynolds prepared to win the CUSA triple crown
    (7) meanwhile in the bullpen, MiniMe maybe destroyed the arms of our greatest ever pitching recruiting class
    (8) cherry on top, Pilkington our best LHP with SEC experience was never used in post season. We had to watch Reid Humphries melt down and lose game-2.

Just my opinion, Cohen sank the Titanic then got promoted!

Following season, with no pitching and half the roster talent, Cannizzaro fully matched him in a Super Regional. AC lost in a valiant last stand in Baton Rouge.
    Outstanding post

vCash
    No DOUBT dumb ass Cohen lost that Super Regional for us.

He out thought himself again...

There were some parents that wanted to really Kick his 17 a$$ after that botched last game... All the while we treated Arizona like they were the host damn team.

Did get drunk with the ESPN guy that died earlier this year. His son played for Zona... He was a nice guy...

17 the intense bastard...

vCash
    i love reading this forum first thing in the morning it makes my day before i go out and deal with assholes everyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I haven't seen anything from Lemonis I haven't seen from any other State baseball coaches.
    Check out 'how many times the '16 team bunted'
    In the season compared to this year! It is a total philosophical difference in 'how' to coach a team!

vCash
    You would have to think Level-Headed Lemonis would be able to better manage that series all-around. He's not panicky or knee-jerk for sure.

It was pretty awful seeing Reynolds turn out the way he did.

vCash
    Reynolds was pretty much the only bright spot of the 2015 year and we knew he would be something to build off of for 2016, why Cohen cut him is just odd.

I'll never forget, we played Georgia in the third SEC weekend of the year. Cohen tried to use Kruger (one of our better power hitters) to bunt in the third inning. The stadium booed every time He put the bat out and when he fouled a perfect strike two behind the catcher the stadium really let him hear it. He swung away next pitch and got a single.

BTW I will go to the grave believing this, if we had made it to game three and Zac Houston starting, we would have gone to Omaha that year. Great job Cohen.