Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest D1 Field of 64....

vCash

Latest D1 Field of 64....

vCash
    We might get a Tulane or Southern Miss, but it won't be both. Expect a three seed nobody projects to be in Starkville (see Fullerton in 2016 and Central Michigan in 2019)

vCash
    NCAA typically doesn't like to do rematches in a regional. For that reason I would be surprised if we get Tulane.

vCash
    One thing for sure, the Super Regionals will be as tough of matchups this year across the board as I can remember in a while. Just seems there are 20 teams that could get hot over a weekend. Louisville would be a tough one.

vCash
    Getting both USM and Tulane would suck. Good news is we wouldn't see Olthoff (or however you spell his name) because he would definitely go game 1.

LA Tech doesn't scare me in a super in Starkville though, so I'd gladly take that. Louisville might actually win that regional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    NCAA typically doesn't like to do rematches in a regional. For that reason I would be surprised if we get Tulane.
    Same for southern miss

vCash
    Don't be surprised if we get paired with a team like Florida for a super regional. The NCAA isn't going to want 6 SEC teams in Omaha, so we'll be paired together to weed each other out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Same for southern miss
    True. Although I will say that the one exception for rematches would be in state teams. Which is even more reason why Tulane won't be in our regional because those are all team that we would have played this year. I think the committee would likely switch Tulane and Dallas Baptist in this projection. Tulane would then be in a Louisiana regional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Don't be surprised if we get paired with a team like Florida for a super regional. The NCAA isn't going to want 6 SEC teams in Omaha, so we'll be paired together to weed each other out.
    That wouldn't surprise me at all.

vCash
    Yes- I would expect a set-up where at most 4 SEC teams could end up in Omaha.

Love us staying at a 4/5 with UPig as the 1. I would rather play a hitting team in that pitcher's park than a pitching team like Vandy.

I dont see us getting people both a USM/Tulane because we have already played.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Getting both USM and Tulane would suck. Good news is we wouldn't see Olthoff (or however you spell his name) because he would definitely go game 1.

LA Tech doesn't scare me in a super in Starkville though, so I'd gladly take that. Louisville might actually win that regional.
    Why does it suck? I'd die for that regional.

vCash
    Agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Why does it suck? I'd die for that regional.
    Just my opinion.

vCash

I could see them risking it and holding Olthoff for us. For them to win any regional they're in I'd have to believe they would need to hold him to play the number 1 seed. IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    We might get a Tulane or Southern Miss, but it won't be both. Expect a three seed nobody projects to be in Starkville (see Fullerton in 2016 and Central Michigan in 2019)
    That was before Covid. I think most will be regionally as much as possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I could see them risking it and holding Olthoff for us. For them to win any regional they're in I'd have to believe they would need to hold him to play the number 1 seed. IMO
    Part of me wants no part of him, but the other part of me wants to smash his ass. The kid is good and shoved it against us, but we made him 10x better than he was. Part of the reason we lost that game too is because Mac fell apart and I think it was one of the few times Sims allowed a run. He played great but we did everything we could to help them.

vCash
    Part of me wants no part of him, but the other part of me wants to smash his ass. The kid is good and shoved it against us, but we made him 10x better than he was. Part of the reason we lost that game too is because Mac fell apart and I think it was one of the few times Sims allowed a run. He played great but we did everything we could to help them.
    Oh I want to face him because we're a completely different team since that game and also I want their team to face a more full DNF. They played us with no one there and no pressure. He definitely shoved it on us and I want the chance to return the favor.

vCash
    Just my opinion.
    I understand either could beat us. But here's mine line of thinking, you get to play them in game two w your best guy-Bednar- on the hill. They would both be going with their second best guy bc their opening game would be tough. If, we were to lose game 2 we have the depth to come out of losers bracket. If we win game 2, which we should, but anything is possible in this game, neither of them is coming out of loser's bracket to beat us. I just like the matchups of both myself.

vCash
    Tulane didn't see Bednar right? Advantage us since we saw all their best guys and they'd be facing Bednar in game 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Tulane didn't see Bednar right? Advantage us since we saw all their best guys and they'd be facing Bednar in game 2
    I didn't think of that. I forgot he still had his neck problems when we faced them.