Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida takes 2/3 from Vandy

vCash

Florida takes 2/3 from Vandy

Vandy has lost 2 series. Arkansas hasn?t lost any series off the top of my head. I think they win regular season Sec title. But things are tightening up.

Gonna be interesting next 3 weeks.

vCash
    Btw way, I was watching Fl/Vandy game off and on. In 6 and 7th inning Vandy had two on no outs. Corbin had sac bunts both times and they were down 4 runs both times. Strange strategy to me. I think they got one run each inning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Btw way, I was watching Fl/Vandy game off and on. In 6 and 7th inning Vandy had two on no outs. Corbin had sac bunts both times and they were down 4 runs both times. Strange strategy to me. I think they got one run each inning.
    Yeah that was dumb strategy wise. We're one back in the SEC though. We have a chance. We'll see how the South Carolina series goes and see where we stand.

vCash
    Corbin's bunting is ridiculous. He has great talent.. let it play

vCash
    Winning on the road in this league is tough....makes me even more furious that we didn't even get 1 from Arkansas in our own house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Winning on the road in this league is tough....makes me even more furious that we didn't even get 1 from Arkansas in our own house.
    Yeah, it was frustrating. The silver-lining, however, is we've responded really well since that weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yeah, it was frustrating. The silver-lining, however, is we've responded really well since that weekend.
    Very reminiscent of the TAMU series the year we won the SEC title. Hope we get the same end result.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Spot on. I am very nervous going into Columbia this weekend against a Gamecock bunch that just got swept. I?ll be dancing in the streets if we win that series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yeah, we could have folded but didn't.

vCash
    Don't count Vandy out, but Arkansas probably wins the natty this year.

vCash
    Arkansas is pretty clearly the best team in the country.

vCash
    Man the Sec tournament will have as good as any regional in the country. Fact is may have more talent than the CWS this year.
    Gotta have some luck getting that far IMO. Not always best teams advance, see 1989 team.

vCash
    Vandy has lost 2 series. Arkansas hasn?t lost any series off the top of my head. I think they win regular season Sec title. But things are tightening up.

Gonna be interesting next 3 weeks.
    Interestingly enough SC is the only team to win a series against ARK.

Edit: I was wrong. ARK took 2/3 in that series.
    Last edited by Matt3467; 05-02-2021 at 11:30 PM.

vCash
    Man the Sec tournament will have as good as any regional in the country. Fact is may have more talent than the CWS this year.
    Gotta have some luck getting that far IMO. Not always best teams advance, see 1989 team.
    I think it's very common for the SEC Tournament to have a better field than Omaha just because the NCAA has the system set up where some of the best teams will be eliminated before advancing to Omaha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    They have a one game sec lead over MSU, Vandy, and Tennessee and a two game lead over Florida and Ole Miss with 9 sec games left. I don't see how you can say they are clearly the best team in the country. They may be but it is not clearly. Two weeks ago most people said Vandy was the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I believe they are the best team in the country, but teams that rely on home runs don?t tend to do very well in Omaha.

vCash
    Florida has really turned it on and is starting to look really good. I could see UF making a run here for the title. Ever since the Ole Miss series they have been playing extremely solid. I?m glad we avoided them this year, especially late in the season

vCash
    Matt said during one of our games that their two starting pitchers have been pitching 100 plus pitches every time they go out. It is catching up to them late in the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Matt said during one of our games that their two starting pitchers have been pitching 100 plus pitches every time they go out. It is catching up to them late in the season.
    Rocker is probably fine. Big stature, and he's been a starter. Not so sure about the smaller leiter, who is in first year as sec starter. I'd put him on about a 70-75 pitch the next few weekends... maybe even skip a start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Rocker is probably fine. Big stature, and he's been a starter. Not so sure about the smaller leiter, who is in first year as sec starter. I'd put him on about a 70-75 pitch the next few weekends... maybe even skip a start
    Vandy's lost Leiter's last 3 starts and he's given up a bunch of hr's and walks. He may be tiring, have to wait to see how he finishes but they need to lighten his load a little.