Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
You also have the fact that Lemonis is never going to pitch his guys a lot of innings. He's generally going to try and get 6 innings out of his starters. If you go back to 2019 Small had 18 starts and pitched 107 innings which averages out to 5.9 innings a start, so 6. We just need CMac and Bednar to be able to give us one more inning per start and we can go to Johnson/Simmons/Smith/Stinnett/Tullar and let them bridge to Landon. Sunday's are always going to be a crapshoot and if we can get 4 out of Jackson or Hootie down the stretch then I'd consider it a victory.
Small also was hitting 100 pitches in 5-6 innings after coming off TJ surgery. I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that is the way Lemonis coaches. He seems to lean more towards protecting pitchers arms but it also should keep us fresher in the post season.

I don't know how LSU and Oregon St keep getting pitchers with how they overused so many traditionally. Oregon St might have ruined that freshman's arm but they did get a National Title out of it.