Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New QB commit

vCash

New QB commit

Braedyn Locke c/o 2022

Rockwell TX

Film looks pretty good. Thoughts?

vCash
    Very good get. Seems like a good fit in the air raid.

vCash
    The films do look good on him. Looks like we have some good options at qb going forward.

vCash
    Somebody's gonna eventually be the odd man out. Too many QBs within a 1 year class cycle. But, may the best man win.

vCash
    We seem way too obsessed with QBs. Only one is gonna play. We better be finding the top notch DL, OL. The games are won and lost here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We seem way too obsessed with QBs. Only one is gonna play. We better be finding the top notch DL, OL. The games are won and lost here.
    QB is the most important position on the field. By far.

We're going to take at least one QB most years. That's just smart recruiting. You can't be "obsessed" with QBs. And us taking Locke is not hindering us from finding top notch DL or OL. This isn't mutually exclusive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    QB is the most important position on the field. By far.

We're going to take at least one QB most years. That's just smart recruiting. You can't be "obsessed" with QBs. And us taking Locke is not hindering us from finding top notch DL or OL. This isn't mutually exclusive.
    Never said signing one very year is an issue, never said QB wasn't one of most important positions on the field. You are arguing something I never said, read what I posted.

But I never read about us getting the top DL or OL in state much less much recruitment. In a few years you may see what I'm talking about. Bama just signed top MS DL that we typically get. Bama friends said yeah, they have hard time getting these in past.

vCash
    Never said signing one very year is an issue, never said QB wasn't one of most important positions on the field. You are arguing something I never said, read what I posted.

But I never read about us getting the top DL or OL in state much less much recruitment. In a few years you may see what I'm talking about. Bama just signed top MS DL that we typically get. Bama friends said yeah, they have hard time getting these in past.
    You said "we seem way too obsessed with QBs" which is just an ill-informed statement.

We're among the leaders for three 4 star DL in the state this year. We're one of the leaders for another 4 star OL in the state. Just be patient.

vCash

We could be starting three four star DL next year and three four star OL. That doesn't include Cole Smith who was a three star but was an UA All-American.

Very good chance this year that we get 2-3 four star DL and OL on each side of the ball. Depending on which side Jacarius Clayton plays.

We got Charles Cross when he was a five star and Dollar Bill when he was a four star. Last year Gabe Cavazos was the top OL prospect in state and we got him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We could be starting three four star DL next year and three four star OL. That doesn't include Cole Smith who was a three star but was an UA All-American.

Very good chance this year that we get 2-3 four star DL and OL on each side of the ball. Depending on which side Jacarius Clayton plays.

We got Charles Cross when he was a five star and Dollar Bill when he was a four star. Last year Gabe Cavazos was the top OL prospect in state and we got him.
    Ok, great that is what I'm talking about. How come no one is talking about it?

You can't count Cross or Dollar, neither a CML recruit.

vCash
    You said "we seem way too obsessed with QBs" which is just an ill-informed statement.

We're among the leaders for three 4 star DL in the state this year. We're one of the leaders for another 4 star OL in the state. Just be patient.
    Actually no it isn't. I said it "seems" meaning not saying we are but it sure looks that way. Dang, words matter. All everyone posts about is a new QB.

But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion, just not their own facts.

vCash
    Actually no it isn't. I said it "seems" meaning not saying we are but it sure looks that way. Dang, words matter. All everyone posts about is a new QB.

But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion, just not their own facts.
    Lol okay dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Somebody's gonna eventually be the odd man out. Too many QBs within a 1 year class cycle. But, may the best man win.
    With the way we typically recruit everywhere else, being good at QB basically locks us into at least 7-8 wins a year. Keep getting good ones & the ones that lose out can transfer. I don't care as long as we have a good QB.

Leach just has to make sure we don't Jake Fromm/Justin Fields this thing. Start the most talented guy before he transfers
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Ok, great that is what I'm talking about. How come no one is talking about it?

You can't count Cross or Dollar, neither a CML recruit.
    I don't know. I've seen a lot of d-line u things about MSU.

Why move the goal posts? Leach got an UA all-America DE and Ty Cooper and then landed Reese and Cavzos so no need for anyone to be anything but happy with what we're doing in the trenches so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    You can go from too many qb's on roster, to zero backups between game weeks now thanks to the portal.

vCash

Let us know when they are signed, other than that just wishful thinking

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Sawyer is our future. There is absolutely no question
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Let us know when they are signed, other than that just wishful thinking
    I'll make sure you're the first to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Sawyer is our future. There is absolutely no question
    I think both Sawyer and Locke are our future at different times.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think both Sawyer and Locke are our future at different times.
    I’ll have to see more out of Locke. I don’t see an RPO QB ever really being a stud in a leach offense
    Romans 5:8