Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mule with the

vCash

Mule with the

Highest exit velo of the weekend at 108. Irony at its finest......

vCash
    He's really coming into his own. He used to take unsure hesitant swings and you could tell he was guessing curve or FB. Now he's timing it up well, squaring it up, has a strategy, and can recognize spin better. Now the flip side os other teams have more tape on him to adjust, but he's showing rapid improvement.

vCash
    Only took 2/3s of the season to get him on the field. My only criticism of Lemonis is his player management.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    He's really coming into his own. He used to take unsure hesitant swings and you could tell he was guessing curve or FB. Now he's timing it up well, squaring it up, has a strategy, and can recognize spin better. Now the flip side os other teams have more tape on him to adjust, but he's showing rapid improvement.
    Agree 100% - we need to credit our hitting coach who has taken some heat from some

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Agree 100% - we need to credit our hitting coach who has taken some heat from some
    Right now we're 7th in batting average and 5th in OBP in the SEC overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Any idea where we were six weeks ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Only took 2/3s of the season to get him on the field. My only criticism of Lemonis is his player management.
    Just need them clicking when post season play starts. How we get there is a mute point. Baseball is a long season, so taking the time to make adjustments isn't a big deal. It is when you follow as closely as we do, but the main thing is ensuring you have everything set by the time it's win or go home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah, all of a sudden, we ain't terrible at the plate. At times we are darn good. Of course when that happens our pitching or D goes to crap.

If we can get it together this team can make run.

vCash
    I’m excited about Cumbest 2022 ... is he a MLB draft risk this year?

They love unique and special athletes like him.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I’m excited about Cumbest 2022 ... is he a MLB draft risk this year?

They love unique and special athletes like him.
    49 AB's with a .367 average , not understanding not more playing time

vCash
    Bc he has a high k rate against mostly non sec pitching. They gave him a shot and he made the most of it starting w his last ab on Friday. He's still learning. But until he crashes I think it's his job for a bit anyway.
    his babip is .567 is astronomically high. That can't be maintained. Not even close.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 05-02-2021 at 07:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Bc he has a high k rate against mostly non sec pitching. They gave him a shot and he made the most of it starting w his last ab on Friday. He's still learning. But until he crashes I think it's his job for a bit anyway.
    his babip is .567 is astronomically high. That can't be maintained. Not even close.
    we know that. His averarge is going to drop. but he's our best option in LF and he has been for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    we know that. His averarge is going to drop. but he's our best option in LF and he has been for a long time.
    I didn't say otherwise.... but also remember after one weekend and even after two weeks everyone said skinner was as well. Mule earned his shot to win it for good... hope he hangs onto it and plays well.

vCash
    Hatcher is 10/68 (.147) in SEC Play. 4 doubles and a HR. 17 K's

Cumbest is 9/25 (.360) in SEC play. 1 double and 1 HR. 6 K's. Cumbest does have 3 HR's in his last 24 AB's tho.

It's past clear at this point
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-02-2021 at 08:13 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Hatcher is 10/68 (.147) in SEC Play. 4 doubles and a HR. 17 K's

Cumbest is 9/25 (.360) in SEC play. 1 double and 1 HR. Cumbest does have 3 HR's in his last 24 AB's tho.

It's past clear at this point
    Yeah even when Cumbest regresses he is still probably more productive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Just need them clicking when post season play starts. How we get there is a mute point. Baseball is a long season, so taking the time to make adjustments isn't a big deal. It is when you follow as closely as we do, but the main thing is ensuring you have everything set by the time it's win or go home.
    Yeah, but you don't leave Hatcher out there for 2/3 the season. And everyone has been calling for Cumbest for a month. It's obvious stuff, not minor tweaks. Then you've got the pitching change issues too. I'm all for letting guys work through some things, but not when you've got a chance to win the series.

vCash
    Highest exit velo of the weekend at 108. Irony at its finest......
    Did one of the diamond girls give him that nickname.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I didn't say otherwise.... but also remember after one weekend and even after two weeks everyone said skinner was as well. Mule earned his shot to win it for good... hope he hangs onto it and plays well.
    Agree.. everyone pump the brakes..
    He had a solid weekend. But remember this was AM , one of the worse staffs in the league..
    Hopefully he continues to have good ABs and gives us MUCH needed help at the bottom of our order.

vCash
    I credit his improvement more to playing football through the end of last year and just now getting into the swing, pun intended, of hitting a baseball.

As for the coach, I'm not sure if he deserves credit for recent overall team improvement or ridicule for the overall team starting off so bad. I'm thinking maybe a little of both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I credit his improvement more to playing football through the end of last year and just now getting into the swing, pun intended, of hitting a baseball.

As for the coach, I'm not sure if he deserves credit for recent overall team improvement or ridicule for the overall team starting off so bad. I'm thinking maybe a little of both.
    You don't get better by just showing up - his approach has changed quite a bit since the season started.