Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok baseball analytics guys and message board coaches...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Ok baseball analytics guys and message board coaches...

You guys all educated me the other day as to why your best hitters need to be at the top of your lineup....so how many at bats does Mule have to have in order to be hitting 3rd or 4th?

I'm not really advocating for that bc I kinda like him adding some pop to the bottom of the order, but at this point you really could make a case that he is one of our top 4 hitters. Lemonis is looking a little foolish for just now having him getting a lot of at bats. We'll see if he can keep it up, but he has been a pleasant surprise with the bat lately.

I really am curious to hear from the "hit your best hitters at the top of the lineup" guys as to what you would do with Cumbest at this point. I don't truly think he's a .380 hitter in this league, but at some point he is what his average says he is, right?

vCash
    Move him in front of Logan so he can see some good pitches

vCash
    Let him see some more pitches from a higher level staff. Had a great weekend and made adjustments on the breaking pitches. Was really encouraging to see him swinging it well this weekend. If I move him at all it would be to just flip him and Debrule who is also swinging it better as well.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 05-01-2021 at 10:56 PM.

vCash
    The highest I think any coach would put him at this point is 5th realistically.

vCash
    Rowdey
    TA
    Kam
    Tanner
    Mule
    Hancock
    Dubrule
    Leggett
    Forsythe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Rowdey
    TA
    Kam
    Tanner
    Mule
    Hancock
    Dubrule
    Leggett
    Forsythe

That lineup is coming around at the plate. We have slowly grown this year hitting especially compared to early year.

vCash
    The analytics are always changing so moving a guy just because a number is changing is chasing fools gold. Sometimes you gotta go with what you see and your gut. If Mule doesn't bat where he does, we lose a game to TAMU, plain and simple.

vCash
    Rowdey
    TA
    Kam
    Tanner
    Mule
    Hancock
    Dubrule
    Leggett
    Forsythe

Only thing I could say is breaking them up with Hancock batting after Tanner then Mule gives you the Right, Left, Right, Left batting order. If you move Mule into Hancock's spot then you have 3 righties in a row then two lefties. Makes it easier for pitching matchups.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Only thing I could say is breaking them up with Hancock batting after Tanner then Mule gives you the Right, Left, Right, Left batting order. If you move Mule into Hancock's spot then you have 3 righties in a row then two lefties. Makes it easier for pitching matchups.
    True.

vCash
    You guys all educated me the other day as to why your best hitters need to be at the top of your lineup....so how many at bats does Mule have to have in order to be hitting 3rd or 4th?

I'm not really advocating for that bc I kinda like him adding some pop to the bottom of the order, but at this point you really could make a case that he is one of our top 4 hitters. Lemonis is looking a little foolish for just now having him getting a lot of at bats. We'll see if he can keep it up, but he has been a pleasant surprise with the bat lately.

I really am curious to hear from the "hit your best hitters at the top of the lineup" guys as to what you would do with Cumbest at this point. I don't truly think he's a .380 hitter in this league, but at some point he is what his average says he is, right?
    I don't think Cumbest is a top 4 hitter. In fact, we need to milk him for everything he's worth before right handed pitchers get the scouting report. Mule hits righties better than lefties because his arm are long &, due to righties going away from him, he's able to get extended while lefties come in & tie him up. Once the righties start pounding him inside, he's going to struggle. May even have to move off the plate.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well I know this is elementary, but he could have a different setup for lefties versus righties
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't think Cumbest is a top 4 hitter. In fact, we need to milk him for everything he's worth before right handed pitchers get the scouting report. Mule hits righties better than lefties because his arm are long &, due to righties going away from him, he's able to get extended while lefties come in & tie him up. Once the righties start pounding him inside, he's going to struggle. May even have to move off the plate.
    Pretty good observation Gun, but a couple of things about the Mule. One, he hasn't played as much baseball as many because of him playing football. Two, he will get much better the more he plays, and yes he will have to make adjustments but he is a really talented athlete and in time he will be much improved. You say he may need to back off the plate, I have no idea but I will say he has a quick bat speed except when he is fooled by the breaking ball outside and he waves at it. To me he has so much raw talent and upstart to be a really good baseball player. Also he has show how good of a outfielder he can be, not saying he is Dale Murphy talent but he reminds me of him. He is going to help this team down the stretch, and he for sure will have the other teams a little worried seeing him in the lineup.
    As you can see I am excited having him in the lineup, that clutch double hit in the 9th inning Friday showed me something, he was so tuned in and smashed the ball down the third base line, it's called getting confidence.

vCash
    I would move him to 5th and move LT up to 4th.

Rowdy
    TA
    Kam
    LT
    Mule
    Debrule
    Hancock
    Leggett/Hatcher/whoever else
    Forsythe

I just don’t understand why Clark isn’t getting a look at 1st or 3rd with the corners struggling. He can’t be as bad as Hatcher batting or Kam at 3rd.

Also, we are kinda in a hard spot. Hatcher has been great defensively, but sucks hitting... Kam has sucked defensively, but pretty good at the plate... if we could combine the two, we would be good...

We have played like shit a lot of this season. We either hit good, or pitch good, or have a good game defensively. If we ever put it all together, look out...

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    He looked foolish as shit pitch hitting Skinner with bases loaded in the bottom of the 10th. That was dumb as 17. Skinner, slow roller to 1st 17n could be seen for 2 months.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    He looked foolish as shit pitch hitting Skinner with bases loaded in the bottom of the 10th. That was dumb as 17. Skinner, slow roller to 1st 17n could be seen for 2 months.
    That was a terrible move. What was he thinking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    This

vCash

Not bad for a guy that should just be playing football - Some need to admit they were wrong here. According to Homedawg - he was just a strikeout machine in fall. I honestly believe he just lacked experience and we are seeing it change before our eyes. Man it's fun to watch him barrel one up. If he gets a reputation for more power, he will make opposing pitchers nervous with his big frame standing in the box.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Not bad for a guy that should just be playing football - Some need to admit they were wrong here. According to Homedawg - he was just a strikeout machine in fall. I honestly believe he just lacked experience and we are seeing it change before our eyes. Man it's fun to watch him barrel one up. If he gets a reputation for more power, he will make opposing pitchers nervous with his big frame standing in the box.
    I didn't say he was a k machine in the fall. He didn't play fall ball. I said he was a k machine this spring. And he does k at a high rate. He had a good sat and a big hit Friday no doubt. Roll with him. But like his first 4 ab's Friday, he's going to take his lumps.

vCash
    I’m sorry but anyone moving Hancock anywhere past the 5th spot are out of their freaking minds. I can make a good case to hit him 3rd right now. He has a 7 game hitting streak where he is batting .379/.517 slash with 9 RBI’s, his overall average has gone up nearly 30 points in his last 7 games, gives us the most QAB’s on the team. You don’t move that down to 6th or 7th. And behind Debrule???? Come on guys, think this through and recognize where he is in the moment.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 05-02-2021 at 08:56 AM.

vCash
    I kinda like Cumbest in the 7 hole because he breaks up all of the little guys at the bottom of the lineup. If you move him up, then you have Dubrule, Leggett, and Forsythe at 7-8-9, and that's not going to produce many runs.