Thread: After 16 years of marriage

vCash

After 16 years of marriage

My wife hit me with some news today I'm still not sure I know how to process. We were eating lunch at Tin Lizzie when with no remorse...no sense of guilt or shame...no concern of how this would affect our two kids...she said she has never liked Jimmy Buffett. I'm just at a loss for words. I mean when you think you know somebody and then get hit with this revelation.

Banned
    vCash
    not sure how anyone could not like Buffett

vCash
    Well don't bring her to any bars anywhere on the Coast. Even though most 30 and under crowd has no idea who Jimmy B is. My Brother took the 1968 USM KE composite Photo when he grad from Southern. Lost it in Katrina

vCash
    Grounds to leave her man****

vCash
    I mean, his early stuff is ok. It's all a marketing scheme now. Jack Johnson writes much more relevant music about life and the ocean. And much better.

vCash
    Is that ALL Buffett of just Cheeseburger? I can forgive those who don't like that song, but I will fight you for disrespecting A Pirate Looks At 40.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Is that ALL Buffett of just Cheeseburger? I can forgive those who don't like that song, but I will fight you for disrespecting A Pirate Looks At 40.
    A Pirate Looks at 40 is Awesome

vCash
    Jimmy Buffett is extremely overrated.

vCash
    He is, especially live. He was a touch above karaoke.

vCash
    Could have been worse. She could have said she didn't like Bob Dylan.

vCash
    Yet you were eating at tin Lizzie...

Now the southwest omelet with hashbrowns and biscuits is the greatest breakfast of all time...but you better not have anything to do the rest of the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Jimmy Buffett is extremely overrated.
    Maybe so, but he's also extremely rich. . . . . . . .

vCash
    My neighbor used to go to the big festival in Key West and play guitar with Jimmy Buffet on stage during his shows.

vCash
    My wife gave me the same confession about football. Since then she's given me two all time one liners:

"Is that the guy they named the Theismann trophy after?"

On Moorhead - "Why does your coach always look like he's about to pick his nose?"

vCash
    Don't care as much for him as I used to. Wish he had stayed out of politics.

vCash
    His voice was never great and age has robbed him of most of that but his writing transports you to a better place. If you don’t enjoy a Buffett concert then you just don’t enjoy being alive. Love Jack Johnson but he doesn’t transport you to a better time and place Kenny Chesney is probably a better comparison to Buffett tha Jack Johnson.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Not a big fan. He is alright.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Here's the thing about Buffett - for those of us of a certain age (won't say what that age is), he filled a niche in music that was just non-existent - good, laid back, beach party music. He was the soundtrack for spring break, the early years of Super Bulldog Weekend tailgates, frat parties, pool parties, and crawfish boils. If you had a chance to see one of his big live shows (like Atlanta) in the 70s, 80s or early 90s, you probably have a great story to tell about underage drinking, free good weed, a hot strange you made out with that night, conga lines, parrots, and good times with the best friends you've ever had. Yeah, it's cheesy nostalgia that is overplayed and he is past his prime. But those who where there know what I'm talking about - and Jack Johnson, John Meyer, Kenny Chesney, etc. are all just pale imitations of the man who started it all. (Hootie & the Blowfish/Darius Rucker is the only legit one in my mind who comes close).
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18