Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Leggett is starting at 3B, James to DH, Hancock 1B, Cumbest OF

Lemo has seen enough
    Finally!

vCash

Lemo has seen enough
    You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. Like giving some other guys shots. But this isn't a "fix"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. Like giving some other guys shots. But this isn't a "fix"
    It's a good start

vCash
    I agree but I think we gotta try something different just to mix it up if nothing else.

vCash

Lemo has seen enough
    Great move, will really change the offense and defense for the better.

If Rex releases blackmail pictures of Lemonis in women?s shoes, I won?t care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    He's good with the glove but just the experience, or lack thereof, kinda concerns me. Everyone seems to think 1B is easy to play but it's not. It's not like beer league softball.
    if he can play 2nd or 3rd base then I'm sure he can handle first ... I missed the game - how did he do?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    if he can play 2nd or 3rd base then I'm sure he can handle first ... I missed the game - how did he do?
    started 2 games at third. He didn't have many chances, but he made them all. Off the top of made head maybe a chance each game??? I remember he started a 5-4-3 dp

vCash
    started 2 games at third. He didn't have many chances, but he made them all. Off the top of made head maybe a chance each game??? I remember he started a 5-4-3 dp
    We didn’t get the out but made a really nice play and effort on a swinging bunt

vCash
    it makes us better defensively at 3rd. better offensively in LF. And Leggett's bat is better than Hatcher's. So it makes us better in 3 ways. I wouldn't call it lipstick on a pig.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    it makes us better defensively at 3rd. better offensively in LF. And Leggett's bat is better than Hatcher's. So it makes us better in 3 ways. I wouldn't call it lipstick on a pig.
    And Cumbest is better than Skinner offensively. Add more power and speed is comparable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And Cumbest is better than Skinner offensively. Add more power and speed is comparable.
    Cumbest has shown he is a very good outfielder. That running catch in left center field he made crashing into the wall showed me something, very athletic.

Leggett and Cumbest in he lineup make us a better baseball team, end of story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I meant it in the sense that no matter what we do we still have holes. All of what you said is might be true, to what degree, remains to be seen. But you left out it makes us much weaker at first defensively, which scares me. Hancock cost us another out there on saturday when he went in the 4 hole when we were in the shift. I know he hasn't played there and it's a learning moment, but he's not as good as Hatcher there. As for Leggett having a better bat than Hatcher, maybe, but not by much. His k % is higher in league and Ba isn't much better. I don't have an issue with the moves, like he's trying something. I just think we have some major holes in a couple of position players and there is no perfect solution. That's all.

vCash
    I meant it in the sense that no matter what we do we still have holes. All of what you said is might be true, to what degree, remains to be seen. But you left out it makes us much weaker at first defensively, which scares me. Hancock cost us another out there on saturday when he went in the 4 hole when we were in the shift. I know he hasn't played there and it's a learning moment, but he's not as good as Hatcher there. As for Leggett having a better bat than Hatcher, maybe, but not by much. His k % is higher in league and Ba isn't much better. I don't have an issue with the moves, like he's trying something. I just think we have some major holes in a couple of position players and there is no perfect solution. That's all.
    Leggett is more valuable at the plate than Hatcher. It isn't even close imo, Leggett has had fewer bats but yet has had some key hits compared to Hatcher. Hey, I feel sorry for Hatcher but it's time to move forward, he can still come in late innings for defensive purposes. Also the more Hancock plays first the better he will get.