Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spivey to the portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    He wasn’t guaranteed a lot of playing time. Other receivers have emerged in front of him
    No one is guaranteed but Spivey was one of few bright spots in spring game. Very disappointing. He was going to be a breakout player this year. Figures.

vCash
    This is a nothing burger. Move along.

He has almost as many penalty yards on his career as receiving yards and he can't catch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is a nothing burger. Move along.

He has almost as many penalty yards on his career as receiving yards and he can't catch.
    Maybe but in a pass happy O, it ain't a nothing burger. He was the only WR that showed he could high point the football and go get it over a DB in spring game. He was the go to guy in the red zone. Not saying we have a losing season over it, but it is a loss.

What he has done in his career has nothing to do with what he showed in spring game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    No one is guaranteed but Spivey was one of few bright spots in spring game. Very disappointing. He was going to be a breakout player this year. Figures.
    Assuming a player is going to break out based on the spring game is historically a pretty bad bet.

It is disappointing since he has an interesting skill set, but the fact of the matter is he was passed by multiple guys who the coaches think can do what this offense needs them to do better.

And a guy who habitually struggles with drops usually doesn't get any better, for any of a multitude of reasons. The odds were against him on that front too, regardless of what he did in the spring game.

vCash
    Anyone remember Austin Williams? Spring game break out player two years in a row......

Spivey will be easily replaced.

vCash
    Maybe but in a pass happy O, it ain't a nothing burger. He was the only WR that showed he could high point the football and go get it over a DB in spring game. He was the go to guy in the red zone. Not saying we have a losing season over it, but it is a loss.

What he has done in his career has nothing to do with what he showed in spring game.
    I'll lean on his track record rather than the way YOU, yes you a non-talent evaluator, thought he looked in a split squad Spring game.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Anyone remember Austin Williams? Spring game break out player two years in a row......

I seriously don't get the Austin Williams hate. If I'm throwing the ball I'd much rather go to him than Stephen Guidry or Osiris. At least he catches the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well, there goes the brightest spot from the Spring game.
    He had a bad spring. Cant catch the ball consistently. Wasnt going to start

vCash
    I'll lean on his track record rather than the way YOU, yes you a non-talent evaluator, thought he looked in a split squad Spring game.
    It is a nothing burger. Spivey runs on the side of his feet and it makes the ball bounce when he runs, thus he cant catch the ball well

vCash
    Seen it many times especially in TEs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I seriously don't get the Austin Williams hate. If I'm throwing the ball I'd much rather go to him than Stephen Guidry or Osiris. At least he catches the ball.
    I didn’t mean that to come across as hate. I only meant that after the previous two spring games a lot of people thought Austin was going to be our leading receiver due to his “impressive spring games”

I agree with you, he is very sure handed and can be trusted.

vCash
    He has no track record because he hasn't played much, got caught between coaches, TE and WR, etc. He is talented and everyone on here raved about him early on.

There you go gun, when you got no facts or information you do like the ignorant do - resort to insults and name calling. Gun your true colors are really ugly.

Do you know what I do for a living?

Do you know how many decades I've played, coached, watched sports? I've done all these by the way at one time. I've competed head to head against two SEC freshmen of the year players. What you got?

If you could read and comprehend you'd see what I said it ain't going to make or break us but it is more than an nothing burger.

As Gump said, you can't fix stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Austin Williams has been solid, not all SEC but solid. I don't understand the hate either. I remember many years ago we had a bench WR under Croom that made an NFL squad. Forget his name. He was surehanded and solid. You just never know.

vCash
    He can't catch

vCash
    Austin Williams has been solid, not all SEC but solid. I don't understand the hate either. I remember many years ago we had a bench WR under Croom that made an NFL squad. Forget his name. He was surehanded and solid. You just never know.
    Lance Long??

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lol, what?!

Glad he did what he did. His campaign helped end the war sooner and save the Union.
    He did NOT save the Union. The war was OVER. His campaign was nothing more than blood lust and he should not be considered ANY kind of hero. Glad the Union was saved but Sherman was a piece of shit.

vCash

Williams has made chain moving catches and td's. Not sure why he gets a bad rap. Spivey could be replaced, but we don't if there will be an upgrade yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    He did NOT save the Union. The war was OVER. His campaign was nothing more than blood lust and he should not be considered ANY kind of hero. Glad the Union was saved but Sherman was a piece of shit.
    Vicksburg surrendered July 4th 1863 (a day after Gettysburg), and the war continued for almost another 2 years. After Sherman's march, the war continued nearly another 5 months (Nov 15th: start of his "march to the sea"; April 9th: Lee surrendered at Appomattox); that's not "OVER". Maybe Sherman (really Grant, since it was he giving the orders) knew they were dealing with an enemy that would continue the fight until it was made abundantly clear it would be suicide to do so. War is hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Vicksburg surrendered July 4th 1863 (a day after Gettysburg), and the war continued for almost another 2 years. After Sherman's march, the war continued nearly another 5 months (Nov 15th: start of his "march to the sea"; April 9th: Lee surrendered at Appomattox); that's not "OVER". Maybe Sherman (really Grant, since it was he giving the orders) knew they were dealing with an enemy that would continue the fight until it was made abundantly clear it would be suicide to do so. War is hell.
    Seriously. These arguments are saying "Strategically the south lost, so the North should have besieged them for years until the South admitted it was over".

I wonder if these posters feel that way about dropping the bombs on Japan. Yet most everyone here (myself included) will agree with the decision to nuke them and end the war quicker.

"Ripping the bandaid off and ending the war is kinder", "Conventional bombings would have resulted in even more deaths overall", "it's not our job to have American troops die so Japanese civilians can be spared; they can surrender if they don't want to be bombed", "you don't call the dogs off till the white flag goes up"... all these justifications apply just as much to Shermans March as it does to dropping the A-bomb. So Sherman burned civilian homes to destroy the Conferacies ability to wage war... what the heck do you think the entire allied bombing strategy during ww2 was? We literally firebombed cities.

And as for condemning Shermans March because of the excessive evils that went on (rape, needless murder, etc)... just remember that that happens in EVERY war by EVERY side. There's F'ed up stuff US troops did in Korea, doesn't make the whole opperaton immoral. And There's zero evidence SHerman, Grant, Lincoln, Hooker etc ever encouraged such behaviors either

vCash
    I didn’t mean that to come across as hate. I only meant that after the previous two spring games a lot of people thought Austin was going to be our leading receiver due to his “impressive spring games”

I agree with you, he is very sure handed and can be trusted.
    Honestly, based on how some of the "starters" performed at WR Austin probably should have started. But Joe Moorhead was an idiot.