Thread: Pirate attitude

vCash

Pirate attitude

Something that has really been interesting to me is the attitude of CML. I envisioned and looked forward to a guy that would crack up more at pressors and would have some fun, but he seems pretty grumpy in all the interviews that I have seen since LSU. Not really what I am used to as I have followed him since early on at tech. Is he unhappy here, tired, or just not satisfied with getting his teeth kicked in? The biggest surprise is how he is always down on players during the interviews. Has anyone else noticed this?

vCash
    He is more positive than I would have been all last year honestly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Something that has really been interesting to me is the attitude of CML. I envisioned and looked forward to a guy that would crack up more at pressors and would have some fun, but he seems pretty grumpy in all the interviews that I have seen since LSU. Not really what I am used to as I have followed him since early on at tech. Is he unhappy here, tired, or just not satisfied with getting his teeth kicked in? The biggest surprise is how he is always down on players during the interviews. Has anyone else noticed this?
    You clearly haven't watched many of his interviews or pc's. He's no different. Heck I think he's been positive based on what I actually saw!!

vCash
    Yea for you to say you’ve followed him you really haven’t.

He’s always talked down about his players. Most of his biggest famous quips are about negative things....

vCash
    As coaches we failed to make our coaching points more compelling than their Fat Little Girlfriends.

- Mike Freakin Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You clearly haven't watched many of his interviews or pc's. He's no different. Heck I think he's been positive based on what I actually saw!!
    I've actually watched almost al of them. Just my perspective. Nothing wrong with his approach though. Saban sure isn't fun to listen to.

Banned
    vCash
    This as a Thread Starter?

vCash
    He is old. Also some of it may be that his first year has been a heavy year, Social unrest, pandemic. Lots of serious topics in the press conferences. One of the first jokes he floated on Twitter got misinterpreted.

Also possible that State folks over stated his comedic persona to distract the sheep from him being candidate 3-
    Or 4.

Could be all the above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah seems like the same Leach to me.

vCash
    He didn't seem very pleased with his Texas Tech team after they beat Baylor in 2009. I'm pretty sure he wasn't too pleased with some of his team's play last year, also.

vCash
    I've found the public perception of Leach is more different than reality of most anyone I've ever seen.

He's just a really good football coach that has unique, colorful insights at times. He's a good football coach first though & good football coaches are usually grumpy.

Hold you breath & wait for Saban to crack a smile. Let me know how that goes
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I've found the public perception of Leach is more different than reality of most anyone I've ever seen.

He's just a really good football coach that has unique, colorful insights at times. He's a good football coach first though & good football coaches are usually grumpy.

Yeah most of your better coaches tend to be on the grumpy side. As one of my old coaches told me "The best coaches are like farmers, there's never enough rain or to much rain, so you always have to stay a step ahead to survive". Truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I think a lot of his funny moments get picked up and go viral, and people expect him to be that way all the time. Even the fact that he will ramble for a long time if he feels like it, which is true, it's not like every press conference is him non-stop going on tangents. It's a lot of direct question and answer and occasionally he will get off on his own tangent if he actually has a thought that's interesting to him or if he is just bored or annoyed with the questions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I think a lot of his funny moments get picked up and go viral, and people expect him to be that way all the time. Even the fact that he will ramble for a long time if he feels like it, which is true, it's not like every press conference is him non-stop going on tangents. It's a lot of direct question and answer and occasionally he will get off on his own tangent if he actually has a thought that's interesting to him or if he is just bored or annoyed with the questions.
    Agree.

One thing to also consider, I think the Noose tweet took a good bit out of him in regards to the media.

I saw this quote about Belichick today & it made me think of Leach in regards to the Noose tweet. I just think he's far more careful now than he was before & that leads to a situation where he's likely ready to get through press conferences as quickly as possible.

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Well I haven't known any happy people in years, so I imagine he's like everyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The Pirate is just fine. The main results about dealing with the Covid shit was the team had to learn an entire new offense and defense out of a play book for the most part. The coaches and players didn't know each other. And by evidence of the NFL draft results there wasn't that much in terms of upper classmen to work with. Plus State doesn't do that good at winning conference games and that was all that they played + Bowl game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I think you are on to something. That tweet was Leaches first real encounter with the ?tolerant? cancel culture Woketopians.

He grew up in a nation with free speech and around people with senses of humor. Not participation trophy crybabies. It definitely is a mental earthquake shock to the core for those with logical minds, to truly see that the most idiotic people snd viewpoints, are now the loudest, without any semblance of common sense pushback with undeniable facts.

There is a reason it is called a sense of humor. The attack of the PC Police has beaten this sense out of a large part of this society. It really must suck not to be able to laugh at anything and always try to cancel people, just because you are miserable. And the only thing that makes you happy is trying to make others as miserable as you are.
    this