Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is olemiss planning to hire

vCash

Who is olemiss planning to hire

After they can Bianco? It used to be McDonell but I think they have moved on from him. I am going to just assume they are sure they will snap up the guy at tenn. They were discussing it on the head to head radio show but I didn?t listen to much of it as I was in and out of the car at the time.

vCash
    I'm sure they will go after Godwin at ECU, and could probably get him. Would be a good hire in my opinion.

Banned
    vCash
    Hope it's someone with a bad past so I can start hatin' early. On Day 1, Bianco was touting the "flag ship" shit. When will the Turds Up North Learn?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'm sure they will go after Godwin at ECU, and could probably get him. Would be a good hire in my opinion.
    Godwin has just as many ties to LSU. I could see him going to either one.

To answer the question in the OP I could see them having a search that sort of ends up like ours for Lemonis. I think they'll go after some big names like McDonnell and Godwin and probably end up with someone else.

I could also see them hiring from within and go with Carl Lafferty.

vCash
    I’m more worried about who LSU hires. They are the sleeping Giant right now. I believe if they get Bianco, I think he will take them back to where they were. Y’all gotta realize, he made a school that was nothing into something. They don’t understand that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Hope it's someone with a bad past so I can start hatin' early. On Day 1, Bianco was touting the "flag ship" shit. When will the Turds Up North Learn?
    Then his own kid goes to another school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Godwin grew up 30 minutes from East Carolina and played baseball there. He's home, ranked #10 in the county, and doesn't need to go to OM to get to the CWS. In fact, going to OM probably hurts your chances to get to the CWS.

East Carolina is poised to become the beast baseball program of the East/Atlantic area. Virginia never really did, and South Carolina has been down since Tanner stopped coaching.

EC has a relatively new baseball stadium that seats 5,000, has 28,000 students, and their football team sucks, so they could become a "baseball school" if they haven't already. In response to the NCAA new 50% rule for regionals, an EC fan on twitter said that EC fans would blow past that if allowed. That guy indicated that East Carolina is getting behind their current baseball team.

vCash
    I?m not real familiar with the situation, but why are they looking for a new coach? I thought Ole Miss wasn?t much of a program before he came. He took them to Omaha a few years back for the first time since 1972. He has them in the top half of the SEC and recruits well. What am I missing here?

vCash
    With how close both McDonnell and Godwin are to Bianco I wouldn't be shocked to see both of them turn it down. I imagine OM would make a run at Eric Bakich at Michigan and will probably guage the interest of Tony Vitello at Tennessee, although I think he's waiting on DVH to retire so that he can get the Arky job.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 04-27-2021 at 11:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    After they can Bianco? It used to be McDonell but I think they have moved on from him. I am going to just assume they are sure they will snap up the guy at tenn. They were discussing it on the head to head radio show but I didn?t listen to much of it as I was in and out of the car at the time.
    I have no idea who the AD and selection committee will be looking at. To see who the delusional fans think will be next, just google "top MLB coaches" and there's your list.

vCash
    I would not be surprised if lsu makes a run at Tony Vitello if pulmonary quits. Bianco will not be considered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I?m not real familiar with the situation, but why are they looking for a new coach? I thought Ole Miss wasn?t much of a program before he came. He took them to Omaha a few years back for the first time since 1972. He has them in the top half of the SEC and recruits well. What am I missing here?
    Nah...Bianco just happened to come along with baseball was taking off within the SEC and in Mississippi. So he's realistically kept them from going to 4 or 5 CWS that they otherwise would have made.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Their fan base is mad because we've passed them as a program once again. They constantly live in the 2002-2008 time frame where we stopped recruiting and they temporarily passed us a program. We took it back in 2011-2012 and haven't looked back since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I?m more worried about who LSU hires. They are the sleeping Giant right now. I believe if they get Bianco, I think he will take them back to where they were. Y?all gotta realize, he made a school that was nothing into something. They don?t understand that...
    No way LSU hires Bianco - they can't stand that guy.

vCash
    I dont know if Manieri is going to survive this season- so alot of guys will be fighting for that job.

Here's what alot of people need to understand and why we got Lemonis- there are a group of coaches that dont want to fight the SEC battle because there are easier ways of having success. Just ask Coastal Carolina. Thats why a coach may choose to stay at East Carolina instead of fighting the SEC grind. Then when you factor in the travel involved with an OM or State job- where you have to recruit from Florida to Texas its even less enticing. That was a big factor with Scloss- 2/3 of his talent is 2 hours or less away. Just looking at East Carolina's roster- they dont do very much traveling recruiting-wise- https://ecupirates.com/sports/baseball/roster
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think there could be 3 jobs open with Bianco filling one.

My guess is that LSU, A&M, & Ole Miss all open.

- Bianco could fill either LSU or A&M as he's an LSU alum & Bdork is at A&M. I think Bianco is a good coach, but it appears to me that his time is up at OM. He needs a fresh start where the "sharks" aren't out to get him.
    - Then Ole Miss & A&M will get in a battle for Vitello. Ole Miss is more committed to baseball, but A&M is the better job considering the local recruiting base & the fact that Tony recruited his tail off in the state of Texas at both TCU & Arkansas.
    - If Tony were to choose, Ole Miss or LSU, I think you could see A&M make a strong run at Heefner. If Tony were to choose A&M I think Ole Miss chases Godwin first & then kick the tires on Corbin, & then both of them say no, I'm not sure where they go
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-27-2021 at 05:21 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I dont know if Manieri is going to survive this season- so alot of guys will be fighting for that job.

Here's what alot of people need to understand and why we got Lemonis- there are a group of coaches that dont want to fight the SEC battle because there are easier ways of having success. Just ask Coastal Carolina. Thats why a coach may choose to stay at East Carolina instead of fighting the SEC grind. Then when you factor in the travel involved with an OM or State job- where you have to recruit from Florida to Texas its even less enticing. That was a big factor with Scloss- 2/3 of his talent is 2 hours or less away. Just looking at East Carolina's roster- they dont do very much traveling recruiting-wise- https://ecupirates.com/sports/baseball/roster
    It wasn’t Schloss decision to not be here. It is his fault he isn’t. The contract was ready and everything was agreed to. Schloss has a skeleton he let Cohen know about the day before he signed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think there could be 3 jobs open with Bianco filling one.

My guess is that LSU, A&M, & Ole Miss all open.

- Bianco could fill either LSU or A&M as he's an LSU alum & Bdork is at A&M. I think Bianco is a good coach, but it appears to me that his time is up at OM. He needs a fresh start where the "sharks" aren't out to get him.
    - Then Ole Miss & A&M will get in a battle for Vitello. Ole Miss is more committed to baseball, but A&M is the better job considering the local recruiting base & the fact that Tony recruited his tail off in the state of Texas at both TCU & Arkansas.
    - If Tony were to choose, Ole Miss or LSU, I think you could see A&M make a strong run at Heefner. If Tony were to choose A&M I think Ole Miss chases Godwin first & then kick the tires on Corbin, & then both of them say no, I'm not sure where they go
    Vitello ain’t leaving UT for OM. He is waiting on Ark to come open. Van Horn won’t be there forever. I have first hand knowledge of this...

vCash
    Vitello ain’t leaving UT for OM. He is waiting on Ark to come open. Van Horn won’t be there forever. I have first hand knowledge of this...
    He's leave for A&M I believe. I'm sure Tony wants Arkansas as well, but the simple fact is that Van Horn isn't going anywhere for at least another 5 years & Tony ain't going to wait that long.

He likes it at Tennessee but they simply aren't committed like the SEC West schools. A&M & LSU can definitely get him & OM is a maybe
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    It wasn’t Schloss decision to not be here. It is his fault he isn’t. The contract was ready and everything was agreed to. Schloss has a skeleton he let Cohen know about the day before he signed.
    I dont believe that even a little bit. He is one of the best coaches in the country and the media wasnt going to blow him up over coming to small town Mississippi. So there wasnt any worry about "skeletons". So he may have banged a few people? College coaches do that on the reg. It happens everywhere. They just dont text their side-pieces from the dugout like a certain someone. Mullen had a baby momma and few "friends". So did other people around the program.

I'll let you in on a terribly kept secret- more often than not- college coaches, AD's, and administration have side-pieces than dont. Everybody wants to be part of "the program"

We did alot of back and forth with Schloss- alot. So it wasnt one little thing.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is