Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Thoughts- Pre-Exams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    added a few notes for those that might not remember:
    I hate to pile on, but his problems are compounded by the fact that he doesn't walk either.

vCash
    The lineup should be:

1. Rowdey
    2. TA
    3. Kam
    4. Luke
    5. LT
    6. Dubrule
    7. Cumbest
    8. Clark
    9. Forsythe

I would probably play Hatcher vs Lefties, because Hatcher does put the ball in play and Kellum would probably struggle against Quality Lefties.

I would play Skinner some over Cumbest but it wouldn't be a straight platoon meaning i would still let Cumbest start against Righties unless he really starts to struggle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I hate to pile on, but his problems are compounded by the fact that he doesn't walk either.
    He swung at the 1st pitch 3 of 4 AB's on Sunday and at least half for the weekend- probably 2/3's
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Sunday pitching:

1. Fristoe: Limit to 1 time thru
    2. Harding: 1 time thru
    3. Tullar 1 inning
    4. Stinnett 1 inning
    5. Sims 1 inning if available.

You have to have adjustability of course, but this would be my plan. If Cerantola comes along, you can throw him into the mix for a one inning stint. Maybe the 7th inning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He swung at the 1st pitch 3 of 4 AB's on Sunday and at least half for the weekend- probably 2/3's
    And most teams shift him up the middle and pull side to take away the groundball hits he may have gotten in the past.

vCash
    The lineup should be:

1. Rowdey
    2. TA
    3. Kam
    4. Luke
    5. LT
    6. Dubrule
    7. Cumbest
    8. Clark
    9. Forsythe

I would probably play Hatcher vs Lefties, because Hatcher does put the ball in play and Kellum would probably struggle against Quality Lefties.

I would play Skinner some over Cumbest but it wouldn't be a straight platoon meaning i would still let Cumbest start against Righties unless he really starts to struggle.
    I would platoon Debrule/Leggett.
    I would play Cumbest for the next 2 weeks and let's see what happens. He is hitting .385 and its like the coaching staff is pretending it isnt happening.
    Skinner is getting exposed on breaking balls. he has got to keep working.
    Hatcher gets up there and flails away- we cant keep that up at this point. He leads the country in groundouts to 2B
    I played 1st base for 20 years from tball to semi-pro. It's not that damn hard. People just have to put the work in.
    You either force Clark in and let him get his lumps the next month- or you stay the course with Hatcher. We are at the point of no return here soon.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I would platoon Debrule/Leggett.
    I would play Cumbest for the next 2 weeks and let's see what happens. He is hitting .385 and its like the coaching staff is pretending it isnt happening.
    Skinner is getting exposed on breaking balls. he has got to keep working.
    Hatcher gets up there and flails away- we cant keep that up at this point. He leads the country in groundouts to 2B
    I played 1st base for 20 years from tball to semi-pro. It's not that damn hard. People just have to put the work in.
    You either force Clark in and let him get his lumps the next month- or you stay the course with Hatcher. We are at the point of no return here soon.
    Yes to it all!

vCash
    The lineup should be:

1. Rowdey
    2. TA
    3. Kam
    4. Luke
    5. LT
    6. Dubrule
    7. Cumbest
    8. Clark
    9. Forsythe

Why does Luke get a pass? He ain?t hitting either. Batting cleanup?

We need to stop wasting the DH spot. Leggett and McDonald are looking more lively with the bat.

Yeah, Luke had a hot start and could get hot again

Funny Hach puts the ball in play... ground balls to the 2nd baseman are double plays. Rather Pimentel swing for the homerun and strikeout than a DP.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 04-27-2021 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

We need to stop wasting the DH spot. Leggett and McDonald are looking more lively with the bat.

Funny Hach puts the ball in play... ground balls to the 2nd baseman are double plays. Rather Pimentel swing for the homerun and strikeout than a DP.
    Luke gets a pass b/c he has quality AB's. He has a .400 OB %. He is 2nd on the team in HR's with 7. He produces runs. And he rarely strikes out. And he is by far our best option at the DH spot. Hopefully, that answers your question.

Pimentel isn't the answer. I don't know what to tell you. Clark is better than Pimentel already and he's only a freshman so why would you even consider Pimentel over Clark.

vCash
    Rowdey
    TA
    Kam
    LT
    Hancock
    Cumbest
    Clark
    Debrule
    Forsythe

And I tell Forsythe, your glove is good son, but you better stop watching fastballs down the gut and swing the bat. Clark is a freshman.

What about moving Kam to 1b. Catching the grounder is not the problem. It’s the throwing part. Put Clark at 3b. I think Kam would do good at 1b. He has the frame and length and the glove for it. Just work with him some. We have three teams that aren’t that great to end the season in Mizz, Bama, and A&M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

I’m not pulling him from the line-up as he is one of the top players we have in QAB’s. Hit .272 this weekend, knocked in a run every game, walked 2 times with only 2 K’s this weekend, has lowest K total of any starter, and third highest OBP of any regular hitter. He is the one player that you can count on to give you the most good AB’s even when he is off. Now as a clean-up guy? I can see the question but our 1-4 hitters are our best hitters and he is one of the 4. Unless, we pull Hatch and someone takes off, I don’t see who you put there? Flip him and James? I don’t like that as much as keeping the switch, left, right left combo. No way I mess with Tanner’s spot right now. Leave him be in the 2 hole.

vCash
    Truth is we're missing that one true lead off guy. I was hoping it would be Dubrule, then once he wasn't producing I thought maybe Skinner...nope. Imagine if Dubrule could be that guy...suddenly you have Rowdey in the 2 hole, TA at 3, Kam clean up, and the bottom gets fairly strong with Tanner, Hancock, Cumbest then Clark and Forsythe. I hate to screw with the top of the order since they are producing right now...but now that Rowdey is hitting, it may not be the worst time to try a guy like Dubrule back at the 1 spot because he'd get a ton of good pitches ahead of Rowdey and TA, and Dubrule has actually started to hit a little lately. Just a thought, and probably not a very good one. Just trying to think of a way to put Rowdey and TA in more RBI spots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Truth is we're missing that one true lead off guy. I was hoping it would be Dubrule, then once he wasn't producing I thought maybe Skinner...nope. Imagine if Dubrule could be that guy...suddenly you have Rowdey in the 2 hole, TA at 3, Kam clean up, and the bottom gets fairly strong with Tanner, Hancock, Cumbest then Clark and Forsythe. I hate to screw with the top of the order since they are producing right now...but now that Rowdey is hitting, it may not be the worst time to try a guy like Dubrule back at the 1 spot because he'd get a ton of good pitches ahead of Rowdey and TA, and Dubrule has actually started to hit a little lately. Just a thought, and probably not a very good one. Just trying to think of a way to put Rowdey and TA in more RBI spots
    I completely agree. Dubrule would be a great fit in the leadoff spot if he keeps going, but I don't think there's a chance they move Rowdey with him going again. Knowing our luck, it would send him into a mega-slump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I would actually agree with this. Try DeBrule back up there. If it don’t work, he’ll put Hancock. He doesn’t K. He puts balls in play and works counts. He walks a good bit.

Hancock
    Rowdy
    TA
    Kam
    LT
    Cumbest
    Clark
    Debrule
    Forsythe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I completely agree. Dubrule would be a great fit in the leadoff spot if he keeps going, but I don't think there's a chance they move Rowdey with him going again. Knowing our luck, it would send him into a mega-slump.
    Very true. Lemonis has some tough calls to make in my opinion....

Play to win it all, which requires bold lineup changes and potential ridicule if they fail.

Or

Ride it as is, while knowing it's not a recipe for Omaha success...but hope not enough people realize moves need to be made in the lineup.

I'm betting he sticks with the safe option, and that's a shame.

vCash
    Are the calls that tough? Just play Cumbest and Clark. I wouldn't mess with the top 5 in the order.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I would actually agree with this. Try DeBrule back up there. If it don’t work, he’ll put Hancock. He doesn’t K. He puts balls in play and works counts. He walks a good bit.

Hancock
    Rowdy
    TA
    Kam
    LT
    Cumbest
    Clark
    Debrule
    Forsythe
    I definitely think Hancock has everything needed except speed...and I'd hate to slow down Rowdey and TA with Hammer in front of them. But I like the outside the box thought for sure. If you try anyone else at #1 I'd probably go...

Dubrule
    Rowdey
    TA
    Kam
    Hancock
    Tanner
    Cumbest
    Clark
    Forsythe

It's more traditional, and we'd definitely be relying on Dubrule's 10 year college career experience to come in to play down the stretch...but I don't hate it.

vCash
    Are the calls that tough? Just play Cumbest and Clark. I wouldn't mess with the top 5 in the order.
    That's the most logical thing to do, but at this point do we really think he's going to bench Hatcher? I hope so, but he hasn't yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Keep beating the drum... haha. He's where he needs to be.

vCash
    Cumbest wouldn't be that tough of a call. Playing Clark would. In a big way.