Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
Cumbest should be playing ahead of Skinner, and Clark should be given a try at 1st base. Every team now knows how to pitch to James, breaking balls, same for Forsythe but he will get better in time. Hancock needs to get going, like i've said in another post, he is somewhat productive but he isn't just crushing the ball. I also would platoon 2nd base.

If I'm James, I would try to play in the outfield next year, he has a good arm and has some speed.

Let's win the series against the Aggies, one game at a time and quit thinking and talking about sweeps. Hell most everyone on ED including me was hoping not to be swept by "Vandy Boys".
Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
I sent you a PM also.

As far as pitching goes, Arkansas and Vandy are the two best hitting teams in the Sec, as far as Friday night, no matter who pitched for us we weren't gonna beat Rocker that night. I also believe we did the right thing bringing in Sims Saturday as "you play the win the game today" and worry about what to do the next day! And far as the Sunday game, it's pretty easy to second guess "take him out, leave him in" after the fact. It was our lack of clutch hitting early in the game with bases loaded twice as well as men in scoring position a few other time.
I know Kellum was sick early in the spring and that has delayed his development while he has gotten better. But Hatcher is struggling so badly I don't that Clark would really be any worse at this point- would likely be better and we would get him experience for next year.

I agree on Sims and Cumbest. I'm fine with Lemonis bringing in Sims when he did because we HAD TO make sure we won a game. When the postseason comes around I'm hopeful that we will see Sims more than once a weekend.

I think too many people are overvaluing Cumbest having to go play summer ball. Yes, summer ball is important to development. Cumbest can play summer ball in Mississippi and still be on the football team. Or he could play an abbreviated summer in another league. He has options and can still do both. Oh yeah- he's getting AB's with us too.