Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel like today will be a good indicator

vCash

I feel like today will be a good indicator

Of how far we can go. We have to have a few more of our supposedly great arms truely step up in tight situations. I feel like this is similar to what we will see in playoffs where we use Sims up early at times and need someone else to come thru against really good teams. That's why I was for using sims last night because that is what you would do in a super against an elite hitting team. Looking forward to today.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Today will tell us if we can compete to win a NC or just make it to Omaha. Nothing more nothing less.

vCash
    Meh. I think if we win today, you could make an argument that we're the most complete team in the country, but, if we lose, I don't see it as a big deal.

I know Arkansas is currently the best team in the country, but their pitching staff is meh & Kevin Kopps being unhittable out of the bullpen is covering up a lot of fringe players for them.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Today will tell us if we can compete to win a NC or just make it to Omaha. Nothing more nothing less.
    I don't agree with this at all. Today is just one baseball game. The fact that we beat Leiter last night tells me a whole lot more about what this team is capable of than if we win today
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. Today is just one baseball game. The fact that we beat Leiter last night tells me a whole lot more about what this team is capable of than if we win today
    This

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree with shotgun. Last night shows what we can POTENTIALLY do. Our ?well-played? game is as good as anyone?s. You just have to get hot at the end of the season. Get some luck.

vCash
    All we needed out of this series was one win. We got it. I'd absolutely love to win the series, but we've done what we've needed to do, so I don't think today's game will be a big indicator of anything really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I agree with shotgun. Last night shows what we can POTENTIALLY do. Our ?well-played? game is as good as anyone?s. You just have to get hot at the end of the season. Get some luck.
    Agreed. Talent can and will only get you so far. Everybody has to have some luck to win a natty. See OSU vs Ark CWS 2018. Perfect example.

vCash
    We win today we won’t lose again the rest of the year!!!

Seriously I agree with Gun as well. Today is going to be interesting regardless. Vandy doesn’t have anymore of their lights out staff left and we still have some bullets left in the chamber. I’m going to be very interested in how long we leave any of our pitchers out there today if they get into iffy situations.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Other than Ark. Right?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Honestly, I'm just wanting to see if we can put back to back good hitting days together. I've known we have capable arms, but if we start hitting consistently like we did last night versus good pitching, watch out.

vCash
    We've beaten several first round type arms this year. Madden, Hoglund, and Leiter come to mind immediately.

vCash
    If Hancock and Hatcher could hit around 300 from here on out we could be a real good team.

vCash
    Maybe the best in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm with you. Just one game. Taking down Leiter is a great win though

vCash
    Boy we have had two good starts in a row. Let's go! Make them pay here!!

vCash
    Isn't it amazing what a lead off walk leads to!!

vCash
    Hell yes!!! Let's put it on them!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    This may be the dumbest thing I have ever read. We just beat the potential #1 draft pick when no one else could. Of course we can compete for a national title.

But how in the hell can a Sunday rubber game tell you if we can compete for a national title? Seriously, what today will tell you we can compete?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    This may be the dumbest thing I have ever read. We just beat the potential #1 draft pick when no one else could. Of course we can compete for a national title.

But how in the hell can a Sunday rubber game tell you if we can compete for a national title? Seriously, what today will tell you we can compete?
    I agree we have already shown we can make a run. Game 3 against a NC favorite can tell something. You have to have deep pitching to make an Omaha run, arms run out quick. The deepest team usually wins it. I think we have it but can you mix it up and keep things clicking? So far we haven't managed it well but we have the pieces to do it.