Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hitting

vCash
    I think a lot of perception of our hitting is centered around how good we were from 2016-2019. We are having an off year for us - but still producing and winning. Yeah, we are 9th in hitting and 10th in slugging; but we are 5th in OBP, 3rd in Runs, and 4th in RBIs. We lead the league in fewest Ks (by a lot), and lead in SB. That is a team getting a metric shit ton of production while not hitting "well". I still think this team is just starting to warm up offensively and is ripe to go on a tear.

vCash
    I think we all forget that the pitching quality across the nation is the best ever at the collegiate level. We have more power than ole miss who is thought to be one of the best offensive teams in the nation - look at home runs and extra base hits in sec play. In my opinion, only Arkansas has an all around better hitting club than us. I would not trade our lineup with anyone else. Heck we lead the sec in lowest strikeouts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I must admit, I'm pretty disappointed in our hitting.
    And, BAM!!, couple of hours later .. we beat the probable #1 draftee in upcoming MLB Draft, #1 College Pitcher, giving him his FIRST ever SEC Loss, driving him out after 5.0 IPs, 6 hits, 4 ERs, 2 home Runs, 3 BBs, Doing what NO OTHER SEC Team has managed this or last year to do!

Sorry, but I value 'results' over gaudy numbers!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    And, BAM!!, couple of hours later .. we beat the probable #1 draftee in upcoming MLB Draft, #1 College Pitcher, giving him his FIRST ever SEC Loss, driving him out after 5.0 IPs, 6 hits, 4 ERs, 2 home Runs, 3 BBs, Doing what NO OTHER SEC Team has managed this or last year to do!

Sorry, but I value 'results' over gaudy numbers!
    Congrats?

vCash
    4 runs won't cut it most Sundays. Not what I wanted to see with the bats today
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 04-25-2021 at 04:12 PM.

vCash
    Exactly! Pitching wasn’t as bad make it out to be for a Sunday. Our lack of clutch hitting early in the game killed us!

vCash
    Put up a 3 spot in the first and then just add one more run the rest of the way. Just not good enough in a Sunday matchup.