Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Vandy Game 1 Thread

vCash
    Our approach at the plate made Rocker look good tonight. We chased too much of his junk and didn?t sit fastball or high curve.

On top of that you could predict his pitches. Why didn?t our staff pick up on that. He?s good but we made him look better tonight.

Lieter is heavy fastball. We have to sit red tomorrow and not give him help like we did Rocker but I swear we never think through at bats or our approach to a pitcher.

vCash
    We are probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference. The problem is that Vandy and Ark are on another level. Then it?s Miss State, South Carolina and Tennessee. We might get swept, but that?s ok if we win the games we are supposed to in order to get a National seed. Then hope for some luck in Omaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    We are probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference. The problem is that Vandy and Ark are on another level. Then it?s Miss State, South Carolina and Tennessee. We might get swept, but that?s ok if we win the games we are supposed to in order to get a National seed. Then hope for some luck in Omaha
    I agree that Vandy and Arkansas are on a different level. I think we are the 3rd best team though our starting weekend rotation gives me pause. Really need to find a way to win 1 game. Sweeps are tough to recover from. You have to sweep 2 series to make up for getting swept once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    This. I think we can still win Sunday, tho. OM losing 2 to LSU pretty much assures we get a host over them as long as we don't shit the bed.

vCash
    I guess I'm shocked some folks are shocked we looked bad against a Top 3 draft pick.

This lineup is one of the weakest we've had over the last decade and Rocker is an experienced SEC pitcher with dominant stuff. We weren't going to look good against him and I don't expect us to look good against Leiter tomorrow.

That's just facts folks. Expecting this lineup to have a bunch of quality at bats against these guys isn't reasonable. We need Bednar to go 6-7 innings giving up 2 runs or less of we want to have a legit chance to win. Just is what it is at this point. Just so happens two of the most dominate SEC pitchers over the last decade are on the same roster at the same time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtail bob View Post
    This is like watching a semi pro team play a college team. They have used that loophole to put a stranglehold on the SEC. It?s almost unwatchable as an opposing fan.
    what's sickening about it is that if it were any other school in the SEC, the ncaa would have said "nope" and put the kibosh on it years ago, but no other school in the sec has a private endowment unless i am mistaken? i've always thought that college ball should be like nascar. everyones car is made to run the same. so your not being beat by a better car, just a better driver. Tim Corbin isnt a better driver, he's just got better cars. The best money can buy. yes, i'm salty. ugh. I'll quit talking stupid.
    Last edited by SaintDawg; 04-23-2021 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I guess I'm shocked some folks are shocked we looked bad against a Top 3 draft pick.

This lineup is one of the weakest we've had over the last decade and Rocker is an experienced SEC pitcher with dominant stuff. We weren't going to look good against him and I don't expect us to look good against Leiter tomorrow.

That's just facts folks. Expecting this lineup to have a bunch of quality at bats against these guys isn't reasonable. We need Bednar to go 6-7 innings giving up 2 runs or less of we want to have a legit chance to win. Just is what it is at this point. Just so happens two of the most dominate SEC pitchers over the last decade are on the same roster at the same time.
    Outside of our atrocious hitting tonight and the abortion in the 4th inning we were right there with them. But when you have walks errors against top teams they make you pay.

That is what is most disappointing is the unforced mistakes. Saw it all 3 games against arky and then again tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Tall order for sure. Need to work the counts as best we can to get him out of the game.
    They rarely work counts, swing at way too many worm burners. But I never played college ball and faced level of pitching. So what do I know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This. I think we can still win Sunday, tho. OM losing 2 to LSU pretty much assures we get a host over them as long as we don't shit the bed.
    Remember when OM fans and some of our own were calling LSU a paper tiger. Good times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Remember when OM fans and some of our own were calling LSU a paper tiger. Good times.
    'member when OM was 6-0 in the SEC and ranked #1? Even better times, lol.

vCash
    Not if they win one against LSU and we get swept, which could both very well happen. Then, we're back where we started and we've still got USC on the road. They've impressed me too. Much better than I thought after watching them against the PIGS. At least they won one against them.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)