Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA says Regionals can only be 50% capacity - per Kendall Rogers

vCash

NCAA says Regionals can only be 50% capacity - per Kendall Rogers

Well that's not too surprising... Claim 15k and cap it at 7500 till the counters don't count anymore....

vCash
    Yeah no reason for the NCAA to allow local and state laws to apply******

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Anywhere to put ?bleachers? to create more ?seating??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Anywhere to put ?bleachers? to create more ?seating??
    Just put a bunch of bleachers in the outfield. Claim 25K and let in 12,500.

Archimedes
    vCash
    I would imagine attendance figures would have had to be submitted with the package to host.

vCash
    Why? Just why? 27% are already fully vaccinated, another 14% have had their first dose. 2 months ago to the date those numbers were 5.9% and 13.4%. SO in another 2 months, over 60% of people will be vaccinated and many more partially vaccinated. Add in natural immunity from those who have had Covid but didn't get vaccinated, and you've got herd immunity.

Seriously, first we were told Covid would kill us all. Then we were told it's just old people and immune compromised that we should mask up and social distance to keep safe.

Well, at risk people have had access to the vaccine since January. All people who work with at risk individuals have had it since February. All essential workers have had it since March. Now it's open to all pretty much everywhere. SO when taking about a playoff in June, what are we worried about?

Like seriously, what is the NCAA's rational for having 50% capacity in June 2021, but not 50% in say, June 2033? WE ARE VACCINATED! THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING ON TO GET BACK TO NORMAL! If not now, why? I hate the NCAA

vCash
    NM

vCash
    I thought it was also dependent on Local/State Mandates

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I believe the official message was "recommended" at 50% capacity.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Well that's not too surprising... Claim 15k and cap it at 7500 till the counters don't count anymore....

I'd claim full capacity is 30K. Not a lot the NCAA can do about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'd claim full capacity is 30K. Not a lot the NCAA can do about it.
    Just claim Dudy Noble is a Walmart.

vCash
    Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. Ecc 1:2

March 23, 1775

google

W
    Last edited by Percho; 04-23-2021 at 10:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Just claim Dudy Noble is a Walmart.
    This.

vCash
    Damn, some of you are more worried about winning the attendance trophy than winning the game.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Let me tell you what they can do and that?s to make sure we never host another regional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Damn, some of you are more worried about winning the attendance trophy than winning the game.
    Having 13K in the stadium gives you a better chance of winning the game as opposed to 7K

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Having 13K in the stadium gives you a better chance of winning the game as opposed to 7K
    Well that won't be an option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Well that won't be an option.
    Well obviously, but I was just addressing why people are "worried" about having more people there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Well obviously, but I was just addressing why people are "worried" about having more people there.
    I love watching Dawg baseball this time of the year. Wish I could attend but can't. So I have a HDMI connection to my computer and 70" TV. when I was a student you either showed up in person or you read about it later

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Why? Just why? 27% are already fully vaccinated, another 14% have had their first dose. 2 months ago to the date those numbers were 5.9% and 13.4%. SO in another 2 months, over 60% of people will be vaccinated and many more partially vaccinated. Add in natural immunity from those who have had Covid but didn't get vaccinated, and you've got herd immunity.

Seriously, first we were told Covid would kill us all. Then we were told it's just old people and immune compromised that we should mask up and social distance to keep safe.

Well, at risk people have had access to the vaccine since January. All people who work with at risk individuals have had it since February. All essential workers have had it since March. Now it's open to all pretty much everywhere. SO when taking about a playoff in June, what are we worried about?

Like seriously, what is the NCAA's rational for having 50% capacity in June 2021, but not 50% in say, June 2033? WE ARE VACCINATED! THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING ON TO GET BACK TO NORMAL! If not now, why? I hate the NCAA
    We're not going to reach heard immunity anytime soon. You can google the reasons if you're interested. Still, as you mentioned, we've made enough progress with the vaccinations and since it's outdoors, you would think the NCAA could bend some if local and state laws allow it. I'm all for playing it safe until this virus is gone, but it seems reasonable right now to allow it to be fully open unless something changes between now and then. They can always back off the allowable capacity later if they need too. Maybe they're trying to make the rules the same for all regionals, I dunno.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.