Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vandy Matchup; Afternoon Baseball

vCash

Vandy Matchup; Afternoon Baseball

Ark and usce play at 1 today for those who enjoy watching baseball.

For our series, vandy will run a right handed heavy lineup out there tonight. Prob only one lefty in the lineup vs CMac. Against Bednar and Fristoe, I look for 3 lefties in the lineup.

All games (Vandy strength of schedule is 36 and ours is 17):

Vandy is hitting a league best .306 to our .281
    Vandy is slugging a league best .522 to our .451
    Vandy leads the league in 2B and 3B while we are middle of pack
    Vandy leads the league in sac bunts
    We lead the league in fewest strikeouts by our hitters while Vandy is near the bottom of league

Vandy leads the league in era at 2.79 and we are third at 3.46.
    Vandy leads the league in batting average against at .176 and we are second at .204.
    We lead the league in strikeouts obtained at 464 and vandy is fifth at 414.

Vandy fields at a .975 clip to our .972.

The running game will be key. We are tied for the lead league in stolen bases at 50 and vandy is right behind us at 47.
    We've thrown out 14 of 28 would be base stealers. That 50% leads the league. Vandy has thrown out 10 of 22. That percentage is second in the league.

vCash
    Returning to Vandy has had me thinking about that 2018 Super all week. That 3 games probably took 10 years off my life. Hell Game 3 took 5 years alone. I still vividly remember Clay Travis leaving the ballgame and congratulating all the State fans on going to Omaha and I just had a sick feeling in my stomach that something bad was going to happen.....and boy was a right. I'm still in shock that with the season on the line and two on base Denver McQuary comes in and K's a guy to get us out of the 10th.

vCash
    Thanks for the breakdown... as Lemon said yesterday it comes down to the extra base this weekend. getting that double out of the box. a wp/pb . maybe even some hit and run..and maybe a stolen base but can't rely on that.
    Can't rely on getting 3 hits in an inning again those first two starters. gotta score with 2 hits.

I'll indeed turn on the ark game.. so good to have baseball back and some entertaining games..

vCash
    Pretty good matchup, looking for another nerve racking series. Just win 1 or 2 and I'm happy. We can't have 2 of 3 starters have bad outings this weekend.

vCash
    This is the type of series that makes baseball so great. Should be close games and well played and competitive. If someone would just tape the whistlers mouth shut it would all be good.

vCash
    Vandy leads the sec in hitting and slugging, yet they also lead the league in sac bunts? This is probably why they don't lead the runs

vCash
    Vandy is wearing black tonight, white tomorrow, and brown Sunday. Not sure what that means for us but usually we wear Maroon tonight, white tomorrow, and pins (gray or white) Sunday.

vCash
    Ark hits a homer... surprise.. but USC gets out leaving two on. Come on Cocks steal one today.

vCash
    good notes on our game from game preview
    https://hailstate.com/news/2021/4/22...anderbilt.aspx

Junior Tanner Allen and Rowdey Jordan are each hitting over .400 over the last 10 games and are each slugging over .750 in that span. Jordan is hitting .421 over the last 10 games with 16 runs scored and eight RBIs, while Allen is hitting .406 with 11 runs scored and 13 RBIs in that stretch. Overall, Jordan enters the weekend with a 21-game reached base streak.

After dropping its first weekend series of the season to Georgia on April 9, Vanderbilt has won four of its last five games, including a series win over Tennessee in Knoxville last weekend. While the offense leads the SEC in batting average at .306, the strength of the squad stands on the mound with a team ERA of 2.79 and an opponent's batting average against of .176.

vCash
    Damnit. usc gets 2 on but fly out at the wall. to the 4th

vCash
    Ark scores 1 on a sac fly but USC goes to the bullpen and K's next batter leaving bases loaded. 2-0 ark mid 5th.

vCash
    Although I want to win the series I would not be unhappy if we only won one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Ark and usce play at 1 today for those who enjoy watching baseball.

For our series, vandy will run a right handed heavy lineup out there tonight. Prob only one lefty in the lineup vs CMac. Against Bednar and Fristoe, I look for 3 lefties in the lineup.

All games (Vandy strength of schedule is 36 and ours is 17):

Vandy is hitting a league best .306 to our .281
    Vandy is slugging a league best .522 to our .451
    Vandy leads the league in 2B and 3B while we are middle of pack
    Vandy leads the league in sac bunts
    We lead the league in fewest strikeouts by our hitters while Vandy is near the bottom of league

Vandy leads the league in era at 2.79 and we are third at 3.46.
    Vandy leads the league in batting average against at .176 and we are second at .204.
    We lead the league in strikeouts obtained at 464 and vandy is fifth at 414.

Vandy fields at a .975 clip to our .972.

The running game will be key. We are tied for the lead league in stolen bases at 50 and vandy is right behind us at 47.
    We've thrown out 14 of 28 would be base stealers. That 50% leads the league. Vandy has thrown out 10 of 22. That percentage is second in the league.
    I really hate having to play on that plastic field that Vandy has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I really hate having to play on that plastics field that Vandy has.
    Even the mound is all turf.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Returning to Vandy has had me thinking about that 2018 Super all week. That 3 games probably took 10 years off my life. Hell Game 3 took 5 years alone. I still vividly remember Clay Travis leaving the ballgame and congratulating all the State fans on going to Omaha and I just had a sick feeling in my stomach that something bad was going to happen.....and boy was a right. I'm still in shock that with the season on the line and two on base Denver McQuary comes in and K's a guy to get us out of the 10th.
    That whole series was crazy. Ups and downs. Like 1986 Mets, but MSU style

(1) There was an inside the park homerun ground ball due to a crazy shift.
    (2) Self broke or nearly broke a hand after blowing the save, then MSU won anyway.

Remembering Jake Mangum celebrate is great memory.

vCash
    Van Horn out to talk after slavens throws pitch 84.... and he's out. Only his 2nd hit of the day. But he's out.
    COme on Cocks.

vCash
    Oh and yall remembering that...we Have WON The last 2 series at Vandy... let's do it again.

vCash
    and 4 straight balls... bases loaded 1 out. van horn marches out and grabs the ball from Monke. 4 pitches. no strikes no outs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Although I want to win the series I would not be unhappy if we only won one.
    I'd be thrilled if we only won one. I'd be over the moon if we took the series. If just somehow someway we could pick off Rocker or Leiter we'd be playing with house money on Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    and 4 straight balls... bases loaded 1 out. van horn marches out and grabs the ball from Monke. 4 pitches. no strikes no outs.
    Now why couldn't they have had control issues against us!