Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "ESPN FPI got it wrong, ole Miss is SEC west dark horse"

vCash

"ESPN FPI got it wrong, ole Miss is SEC west dark horse"

Per Clarion ledger. Man it must be so hard being an old Miss fan.

I wish that I had my membership still just so I could cancel it again.

vCash
    They've doing some world class knob slobbering lately. Is Yancy on payroll?

vCash
    I agree with this honestly. Shoot me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Of course you do...

vCash
    It’s an interesting piece to write, for sure. Regardless of how good Ole Miss is, I’m sure they’ll enjoy some awesome weekends up there in Oxford.**

vCash
    Me: Alexa, please read the CL article in the OP...

Alexa: Yes, sir...reading aloud the article in 3...2...1...

- inaudible sounds of loud fellatio

a short pause

- whimpered crying [palpable shame]
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 04-20-2021 at 06:03 PM.

vCash
    The CL is never gonna write anything glowing re: MSU.

That said, i too am not sure what went into the #8 FPI ranking, other than what we believe is an elite up-and-coming DC that will have some really good returning guys and and a few great transfer portal guys.

Maybe it's year 2 with Leach things come together like it seems to..everywhere he's been.

OL could take half a season to gel, and rush 3 drop 8 will once again handcuff this offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    The CL is never gonna write anything glowing re: MSU.

That said, i too am not sure what went into the #8 FPI ranking, other than what we believe is an elite up-and-coming DC that will have some really good returning guys and and a few great transfer portal guys.

Maybe it's year 2 with Leach things come together like it seems to..everywhere he's been.

OL could take half a season to gel, and rush 3 drop 8 will once again handcuff this offense.
    https://247sports.com/Article/Missis...hy--164437874/

Here is a pretty good explanation of what may have helped us get there.

Either way you know their fans were furious when they saw us so high/far ahead of them.

vCash
    And still are

vCash
    I think it's funny that this has caused such a stir.

We'll find out if it's right during the regular season.

I think all of this just shows the true media bias against MSU. Because you have this objective measure saying we're going to have a good year- but no....the media really knows what's up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The data disagrees. We'll see. I think the two teams finish with about the same record, maybe 1 game apart.

vCash
    It?s entertaining this got their fan base so worked up. It just shows they care just as much about show and media spotlight than actual results. Barring a miracle, there is no way we finish this high because we have Bama aTm and Auburn on the schedule, but it?s amusing they got so fussed up about this and our fans more so understand it?s just a ranking and not a true indication. If Ole Miss was #8 in FPI they would be declaring themselves national champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    It?s entertaining this got their fan base so worked up. It just shows they care just as much about show and media spotlight than actual results. Barring a miracle, there is no way we finish this high because we have Bama aTm and Auburn on the schedule, but it?s amusing they got so fussed up about this and our fans more so understand it?s just a ranking and not a true indication. If Ole Miss was #8 in FPI they would be declaring themselves national champs
    To be clear, the FPI doesn't have is finishing 8th in the country. It has us finishing 8-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Exactly. With the exception of a few posters, most of us realize this is just a formula and not where they think we'll actually finish. I'll be tickled with 8-4.

vCash
    Who gives a shit what that bag thinks.. it’s the CL.. hell Horka prob helped him write it.
    They went 5-5 last year
    People would think they went 8-2

The best team they beat was arguably a State team with 48 players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Who gives a shit what that bag thinks.. it’s the CL.. hell Horka prob helped him write it.
    They went 5-5 last year
    People would think they went 8-2

The best team they beat was arguably a State team with 48 players
    This^

Or maybe Kentucky who literally pulled an Egg Bowl 2019 to cost them the game which they lost on a missed extra point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This^

Or maybe Kentucky who literally pulled an Egg Bowl 2019 to cost them the game which they lost on a missed extra point.
    2021 they play 4 shit non conference
    Vandy & Tennessee from the east
    And get Arky at home
    At worse they should 6-6
    May prediction is the egg could see who is 8-4 at seasons end ( us or them ) . So Espn FPI prob has us beating them at home to go 8-4 and them at 7-5.. That sounds about right to a normal person , but not for your typical OM douche bags...

The lost a 1st or 2nd round WR, a TE that was prob their 2nd best target , a couple of OL and will still have a shitty defense by SEC standards.. and Kiffin will be pulling a CDM after about mid season he will have one foot out the door listening to all callers..

vCash
    And get Arky at home
    At worse they should 6-6
    May prediction is the egg could see who is 8-4 at seasons end ( us or them ) . So Espn FPI prob has us beating them at home to go 8-4 and them at 7-5.. That sounds about right to a normal person , but not for your typical OM douche bags...

The lost a 1st or 2nd round WR, a TE that was prob their 2nd best target , a couple of OL and will still have a shitty defense by SEC standards.. and Kiffin will be pulling a CDM after about mid season he will have one foot out the door listening to all callers..
    I pretty much agree 100% with that assessment. Liberty vs Ole Miss will be interesting for obvious reasons.

vCash
    Think of this in political terms, the treatment seems to be about the same.

1. CL = the mainstream media
    2. ole miss = the democrats
    3. MSU = the republicans

vCash
    And get Arky at home
    At worse they should 6-6

I think this is what their fans, and most in the media, can't seem to grasp. Moore and Yeboah are MASSIVE losses for them. Moore made Corral look 10x better than he actually is. Don't get me wrong, Lane is a great playcaller, but it helps when you're QB can just throw it 50 yds down the field and know that Moore is going to catch it. Add in to that the fact that Yeboah was the built in safety valve on almost every play. I think they'll take a step back offensively unless Corral takes a big step forward.