Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Listened to SportsTalk while driving home today and it was about like what I expected

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Vandy does, it doesn't seem to hurt them. I remember Rocker as a true Fr at 110 pitches and being trotted back out there for another inning...
    It must be that Tracy Rocker is a football dad and does not realize that his son could be $500M marquee player like Mike Trout or Aaron Judge.

Somebody should go tap Dad's shoulder and let him know. "Sir, the $1M insurance policy the Whistlers are paying is not worth 0.5% of what your son's MLB career could be worth. And, MLB does not see 100 pitches versus Georgia as "toughness", rather malpractice by Corbin."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    OM needs to focus on getting better - because their upcoming schedule can knock them out of hosting. Period. Since there "greatest SEC Start EVAAAAAAAAA" at 6-0, they've lost 2 of 3 each to UF, Arky, and MSU. They have LSU, USC, @A&M, Vandy, and @UGA left. It wouldn't shock me to see them lose to USC, A&M, Vandy and UGA. Going 16-14 after a 6-0 start is not a good look.
    Yeah. If they lose their series to LSU they could be in trouble as far as hosting goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    OM needs to focus on getting better - because their upcoming schedule can knock them out of hosting. Period. Since there "greatest SEC Start EVAAAAAAAAA" at 6-0, they've lost 2 of 3 each to UF, Arky, and MSU. They have LSU, USC, @A&M, Vandy, and @UGA left. It wouldn't shock me to see them lose to USC, A&M, Vandy and UGA. Going 16-14 after a 6-0 start is not a good look.
    That's not an incredibly difficult schedule outside of Vandy. A&M is trash at the moment, they get USCe and Vandy at home, and UGA and LSU are hot and cold and they're more on the cold side at the moment. Anything under a 17-13 conference record for them and they're not hosting. They'll probably go 9-6 in that stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I was just trying to make a point. Sounded like you were complaining. My point was stop complaining and stop listening. Wasn't trying to make a comparison. But you clarified that you like listening to the show. That's ok and nothing wrong with that. I don't listen. In my opinion it sucks and it sucks because of Dick Cross. It has become another arm the the Ole Miss PR machine. Haddad goes along for the pay check. The only way to change it is to stop listening and when ratings drop and advertisement slows don't they start to scratch thier heads asking what happen and then either they change or they get replaced. I guess everyone has thier own opinion. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Only reason I listen some is I live across state line and that is the only station I can get to get any MSU info. When you don't live in MS and have as much access, you take what you can get.

My post was more for everyone's entertainment. I was amused by it and loved listening to the pathetic crying after we dominated them yet again. You should have listened Monday. My way of enjoying the win. Hadad did too even though he left them off easy which in some ways made it worse.

It would be the equivalent to listening to Finebaum after MSU win against Bama. Must listen to radio the next time that happens.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    The best part is it doesn't really feel like we're playing that great but we still beat their asses. Can't imagine what it would be like with more experienced pitchers and a better hitting lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Cross is really good at his job when it doesn?t have anything to do with ole miss. Play by play in baseball or basketball he?s an enjoyable listen...even when they talk about non college sports on the radio show he?s not bad. But there?s no doubt that he has all the OM talkin points down to a T. And he does what all homers, and politicians do, he states favorable opinions about his side but states them as indisputable facts instead of what they are. Then is aghast and defensive when others don?t fall in line.
    I also think Cross does a really good job, even on the radio show. Hell, the entire premise of Head to Head is to have an OM guy versus a State guy, so he's not supposed to be hiding his bias. I'm not saying he's perfect, but I am of the opinion that the vast majority of the criticism that he gets from our fans is strictly due to his being an OM guy (which is completely fine).