Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listened to SportsTalk while driving home today and it was about like what I expected

vCash

Listened to SportsTalk while driving home today and it was about like what I expected

I generally like Richard Cross but boy he is butt hurt over the weekend. They spent the whole show making excuses replaying all the little miss steps by Olemiss that would have won them the series, tried to build OM up and even put down MSU, etc.

It was sad and pathetic and entertaining at the same time. OM pitching, OM how talented, OM a top program, and at the same time MSU not more talented, OM pitching is better than anyone, OM hitting best there is, etc. They just can't deal with MSU being the better program and there isn't a thing they can do about it.

Oh, OM would have had just as big a crowd as MSU, OM is a top 3 job in the country, etc. It was ridiculous.

Again I generally like Richard and the guys. Even Haydad was agreeing with them on every point, I guess being nice.

vCash
    They hate us 'cuz they ain't us.

vCash
    Oh, Chase and Neal had a good one today....we just want there to be a rivalry between us an OM, but there just ain't, no matter how hard we try. 16 of 19 be damned.

Delusional.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    That is always the Shark?s ?go-to? theme when we beat them....?it?s not a rivalry?

vCash
    Why do you listen? It's like Conservative complaining about social media shutting down conservative talk but still go out there and post. Just don't do it to yourself. Forget them and move on. I have not listen to that radio show in a long while. I don't even listen to suck dick Bo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Why do you listen? It's like Conservative complaining about social media shutting down conservative talk but still go out there and post. Just don't do it to yourself. Forget them and move on. I have not listen to that radio show in a long while. I don't even listen to suck dick Bo.
    Wasn't really complaining just sharing what they said. It was entertaining listening to the crying. I basically like Richard and the crew. They have their bias but who doesn't. Hadad needs to be more of a homer sometimes but that is typical MSU.

Now Finebaum is on and I ain't listening to that idiot.

vCash
    Apples and oranges. That is about free speech not free listening. If I don't want to read a stupid post then don't read but taking away my free speech is another issue.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    R2Dawg was just confirming what we all knew....Sharks will never tip the cap. They will make excuses, transfer blame, and down play losses

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I generally like Richard Cross but boy he is butt hurt over the weekend. They spent the whole show making excuses replaying all the little miss steps by Olemiss that would have won them the series, tried to build OM up and even put down MSU, etc.

It was sad and pathetic and entertaining at the same time. OM pitching, OM how talented, OM a top program, and at the same time MSU not more talented, OM pitching is better than anyone, OM hitting best there is, etc. They just can't deal with MSU being the better program and there isn't a thing they can do about it.

Oh, OM would have had just as big a crowd as MSU, OM is a top 3 job in the country, etc. It was ridiculous.

Again I generally like Richard and the guys. Even Haydad was agreeing with them on every point, I guess being nice.
    The few times I've listened, haydad pretty much just agreed with them. I don't listen anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    R2Dawg was just confirming what we all knew....Sharks will never tip the cap. They will make excuses, transfer blame, and down play losses
    I was just trying to make a point. Sounded like you were complaining. My point was stop complaining and stop listening. Wasn't trying to make a comparison. But you clarified that you like listening to the show. That's ok and nothing wrong with that. I don't listen. In my opinion it sucks and it sucks because of Dick Cross. It has become another arm the the Ole Miss PR machine. Haddad goes along for the pay check. The only way to change it is to stop listening and when ratings drop and advertisement slows don't they start to scratch thier heads asking what happen and then either they change or they get replaced. I guess everyone has thier own opinion. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 04-19-2021 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    We need to talk about Bianco’s bad track record with wasting recruits at OM.

They have basically produced a handful of MLB Journeymen like some some decent JUCO program, I guess. And Gary Henderson match his Omaha prowess in one seasons work.

Lance Lynn still in Majors? He was decent as a Cardinal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    We need to talk about Bianco’s bad track record with wasting recruits at OM.

They have basically produced a handful of MLB Journeymen like some some decent JUCO program, I guess. And Gary Henderson match his Omaha prowess in one seasons work.

Lance Lynn still in Majors? He was decent as a Cardinal.
    Lynn is with the White Sox.

When your head coach is throwing the best pitchers 110+ pitches every game that is going to get back to recruits. You just can't do stuff like this in this era of baseball.

vCash
    I've pretty much quit listening since Matt left the show. Richard does a very good job of calling games that are neutral. Given the talk show we're talking about his homer side definitely comes out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

When your head coach is throwing the best pitchers 110+ pitches every game that is going to get back to recruits. You just can't do stuff like this in this era of baseball.
    In 2031 - there will be all types of MLB players from the MSU 2021 Roster, some will be very obvious and some will be surprises. OM 2021 will not remotely compare.

Even OMs greatest ever team 2014 has Zero active or full roster MLB players. Prolly all retired now.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 04-20-2021 at 08:26 AM.

vCash
    Cross is really good at his job when it doesn?t have anything to do with ole miss. Play by play in baseball or basketball he?s an enjoyable listen...even when they talk about non college sports on the radio show he?s not bad. But there?s no doubt that he has all the OM talkin points down to a T. And he does what all homers, and politicians do, he states favorable opinions about his side but states them as indisputable facts instead of what they are. Then is aghast and defensive when others don?t fall in line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Vandy does, it doesn't seem to hurt them. I remember Rocker as a true Fr at 110 pitches and being trotted back out there for another inning...

vCash
    Scoreboard Bitches..
    and btw that scoreboard is on the best college baseball stadium in country..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Oh, Chase and Neal had a good one today....we just want there to be a rivalry between us an OM, but there just ain't, no matter how hard we try. 16 of 19 be damned.

Delusional.
    I mean they aren't wrong. It's never really been a baseball rivalry between us and them. They had one little stretch in the mid 00s where we had stopped recruiting and they closed the gap a bit. Doesn't mean the series isn't still extremely fun, but 16 out of 19 and 5 straight series wins is just straight up domination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I mean they aren't wrong. It's never really been a baseball rivalry between us and them. They had one little stretch in the mid 00s where we had stopped recruiting and they closed the gap a bit. Doesn't mean the series isn't still extremely fun, but 16 out of 19 and 5 straight series wins is just straight up domination.
    Oh for sure, but that wasn't the argument they made, lol. The opposite in fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    OM needs to focus on getting better - because their upcoming schedule can knock them out of hosting. Period. Since there "greatest SEC Start EVAAAAAAAAA" at 6-0, they've lost 2 of 3 each to UF, Arky, and MSU. They have LSU, USC, @A&M, Vandy, and @UGA left. It wouldn't shock me to see them lose to USC, A&M, Vandy and UGA. Going 16-14 after a 6-0 start is not a good look.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18