Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thought about riding up to N'ville this weekend for the Vandy series but as of now

vCash
    Not sure if y'all listen to Out of Bounds... sounds like you can't get in their stadium this weekend unless you are one of a select few (700). VAndy is limiting capacity to 700 fans.

Just FYI.

vCash
    Well, that does it then. I can't see myself driving up there to stand in a parking garage with a bunch of Vandy fans. The view will be much better from my recliner.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Well, that does it then. I can't see myself driving up there to stand in a parking garage with a bunch of Vandy fans. The view will be much better from my recliner.
    Now you're thinking !!

vCash
    What a dumpy old stadium for a "Baseball School". It's built right up against a "dumpy old football stadium". Many years ago like early 70's I went up there to watch kick Vandy's butt in the Sec Championship game. The field was the parking lot for football, imagine that? A few wooden bleachers and maybe 150 fans. The late great Phil Still, best third baseman in Msu history hit a bomb that bounced off the "dumpy old basketball Coliseum , ball was estimated to be about 450 feet, that was with wood bats in the day. I've said it a few times but Paul Gregory's teams in early 70's were as good as any in our history! Btw in the very early 70's was the best starting 3 or 4 starting pitchers ever at Msu imo!
    Talk about celebrating in Nashville or I should say partying in Nashville was one of those "making memories". Fun city.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    What a dumpy old stadium for a "Baseball School". It's built right up against a "dumpy old football stadium". Many years ago like early 70's I went up there to watch kick Vandy's butt in the Sec Championship game. The field was the parking lot for football, imagine that? A few wooden bleachers and maybe 150 fans. The late great Phil Still, best third baseman in Msu history hit a bomb that bounced off the "dumpy old basketball Coliseum , ball was estimated to be about 450 feet, that was with wood bats in the day. I've said it a few times but Paul Gregory's teams in early 70's were as good as any in our history! Btw in the very early 70's was the best starting 3 or 4 starting pitchers ever at Msu imo!
    Talk about celebrating in Nashville or I should say partying in Nashville was one of those "making memories". Fun city.
    For how recognized they are nationally and how many big alumni they have it is quite shocking how big of a dump their stadium is. For starters, you can foul one off the football stadium if you get enough air under one down left field. Then there's the fact that if you sit in the outfield you have to go into Memorial Gym to use the bathroom and the A/C wasn't on when we played there for the Super.

I'm a little shocked Corbin hasn't pushed for a new stadium, or at least significant upgrades to that crackerbox.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    And you would be kicked out.
    Hey, I can get +130db with just my two pinkies. Then they will have to kick both of us out. I look at it as 'Community Service!' I will sacrifice for the good of the crowd!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    For how recognized they are nationally and how many big alumni they have it is quite shocking how big of a dump their stadium is. For starters, you can foul one off the football stadium if you get enough air under one down left field. Then there's the fact that if you sit in the outfield you have to go into Memorial Gym to use the bathroom and the A/C wasn't on when we played there for the Super.

I'm a little shocked Corbin hasn't pushed for a new stadium, or at least significant upgrades to that crackerbox.
    I wonder how long Vanderbilt's advantage lasts if "free" public college education is provided as a new social program. Then every public university has 35 players. This could happen any day now, democrat Senators are already asking for it.

I think Vandy stays good, but they become a reliable member of the good-programs rather than dominant like today. As good as Florida, year-in and year-out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I wonder how long Vanderbilt's advantage lasts if "free" public college education is provided as a new social program. Then every public university has 35 players. This could happen any day now, democrat Senators are already asking for it.

I think Vandy stays good, but they become a reliable member of the good-programs rather than dominant like today. As good as Florida, year-in and year-out.
    I don't really know how much it would change honestly. I thought maybe if 11.7 went away then it might decrease their ability to recruit but honestly if Austin Riley, Blaze Jordan, or Austin Kendrick would've wanted to come to State we would've found a way to put them on full scholarship. Now don't get me wrong the HOPE scholarships do help Vandy, but they're ability to convince kids like Tyler Beede, Kumar Rocker, or Jack Leiter to come to school is what won't go away.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 04-22-2021 at 05:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I don't really know how much it would change honestly. I thought maybe if 11.7 went away then it might decrease there ability to recruit but honestly if Austin Riley, Blaze Jordan, or Austin Kendrick would've wanted to come to State we would've found a way to put them on full scholarship. Now don't get me wrong the HOPE scholarships do help Vandy, but they're ability to convince kids like Tyler Beede, Kumar Rocker, or Jack Leiter to come to school is what won't go away.
    Seems to me Major League baseball owners are spending less on minor leagues, with only 20 rounds this year it helps college baseball somewhat on more players.

vCash
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...an/1243202001/

Lol, article says he was punched by a State fan. I love it. Whichever one of you guys that did it, I'd like to buy you a beer or three.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)