Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extend upper deck. Keep berms. Done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    The point is, there is a thing called GENERAL ADMISSION, not standing room only. We have zero general admission areas in the entire stadium. That is what is missing.
    No we do have general admission. The berms. The problem y'all have is they don't hold enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    There seems to be a prevailing thought that anyone that wants to walk up and buy a ticket to any game and have a seat in the stadium had a right to do so. Where does that idea come from? Just a hold over from the metal bleacher days? Because that's not the way it actually works at high demand sporting venues.

The ticket exchange program needs to be a focus and emphasized so that the chair backs are used if the season ticket holder is not able to go, but otherwise it's just too bad for people that want to go to these big games and don't have tickets and don't want to stand.

A lot of State fans want nice things but don't want the sacrifices required to have those things. More season tickets and premium sitting brings more money. They could have made the whole thing reserved, but left some for the gen admin crowd.

In the end I think they should figure out how to incentivize the use of a ticket exchange program, otherwise it's just tough shit if you can't get one of the few spots on the berms. I say all this as someone without chair-back season tickets.
    THIS WOULD HELP SOMEWHAT

vCash
    Do we need all three berms? We could build two upper deck sections and one lower deck section of chairbacks to replace just the 3rd baseline berm.

Also, that right field area with the stand-up counters is a little awkward and sort of a waste of space. That could be a student area packed in with more than are there now. Or at least give them bar stools to sit on, then it would become premium general admission.

For that matter, put in bar stools or some sort of built-in tall stools or tall benches along all of the standing counters. Then GA fans would have places to sit and the second row of standing people could see better.

I'm also for letting general admission fans sit in grandstand seats after 1 1/2 innings. Saturday and Sunday I had people sitting in my chairbacks when I came back from the bathroom and again later after I took a lap around the outfield. I got back to my seats and they got up. Simple. My seats are on the aisle second row from the top of the lower section 113, so they are right there enticing people standing in the concourse to jump in.
    Last edited by MedDawg; 04-21-2021 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    I think people paying the full price for the lofts get to use them throughout the entire year. They are not allowed to let students live in them (and possibly no one can live in them full-time).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    I think people paying the full price for the lofts get to use them throughout the entire year. They are not allowed to let students live in them (and possibly no one can live in them full-time).
    For individuals that purchased them I believe they can be used for up to 24 hrs before an after a Mississippi State sporting event. You are correct that no one can live in them full time though. I don't really see the point of getting one if you're an individual. There's no way to make any of your money back, unless you were to rent it out every weekend which would defeat the purpose of having one. I mean once the lease period is up you either have to re up or lose it. And maybe that was done by the university so that most would be under their control for weekend rentals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    There seems to be a prevailing thought that anyone that wants to walk up and buy a ticket to any game and have a seat in the stadium had a right to do so. Where does that idea come from? Just a hold over from the metal bleacher days? Because that's not the way it actually works at high demand sporting venues.

The ticket exchange program needs to be a focus and emphasized so that the chair backs are used if the season ticket holder is not able to go, but otherwise it's just too bad for people that want to go to these big games and don't have tickets and don't want to stand.

A lot of State fans want nice things but don't want the sacrifices required to have those things. More season tickets and premium sitting brings more money. They could have made the whole thing reserved, but left some for the gen admin crowd.

In the end I think they should figure out how to incentivize the use of a ticket exchange program, otherwise it's just tough shit if you can't get one of the few spots on the berms. I say all this as someone without chair-back season tickets.
    I think the ticket transfer thing has worked pretty well this year. They've made it really easy to use. If we can't go to a midweek we always just use that or screenshot the ticket to someone. Either way works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    For individuals that purchased them I believe they can be used for up to 24 hrs before an after a Mississippi State sporting event. You are correct that no one can live in them full time though. I don't really see the point of getting one if you're an individual. There's no way to make any of your money back, unless you were to rent it out every weekend which would defeat the purpose of having one. I mean once the lease period is up you either have to re up or lose it. And maybe that was done by the university so that most would be under their control for weekend rentals.
    You can use them all season if toy do a season rental.

"Season Rentals
    Arrive for the opening weekend and stay until the final out of the season at Dudy Noble Field with a season-long rental. Come and go as you please, as access to the Left Field Lofts begin in February and run through the last game played at Dudy Noble Field (including postseason events) for the season-long cost of $45,000."

https://hailstate.com/news/2019/1/31...rental-details

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    So.... the berms are for general admission tickets?
    I assumed anyone could sit there including SRO tickets.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    They can

vCash
    There's no difference between SRO and GA now that the stadium is opened back up.

vCash
    Dome the Dude**