Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extend upper deck. Keep berms. Done.

vCash

Extend upper deck. Keep berms. Done.

vCash
    Agree with this but I think it'll take a couple of years or so before that's discussed. Aren't they planning to add a second set of lofts in the not too distant future?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    The only issue I see with that is what would you do about club level? The way it's built it kind of needs to be on the end. And I don't think there's enough demand to basically double the club level.

vCash
    I would just put in seats and extend it down to the foul polls. I?d leave the area for skyboxes as concrete for standing room only. Might could also rent those areas out for parties or specialty events. Then when the demand for skyboxes happens, enclose them in.

With that all being said, how many weekends do we really have like the past one. If we put anything in it has to be multi purpose/functional.

Also the athletic department needs to track who didn?t use their chairbacks for this weekend. Several seats were empty on the weekend and that?s unacceptable.

vCash
    Putting chair backs over the berms have to be next logical step. Otherwise, you are changing the whole aesthetic of the stadium with upper level add-ons. It would also be expensive for what you gain in seats.

We are going to have to add restrooms as well. The flat area beyond RF would be an ideal place with some seating on top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    I would just put in seats and extend it down to the foul polls. I?d leave the area for skyboxes as concrete for standing room only. Might could also rent those areas out for parties or specialty events. Then when the demand for skyboxes happens, enclose them in.

With that all being said, how many weekends do we really have like the past one. If we put anything in it has to be multi purpose/functional.
    Great idea,

vCash
    Here is a quick and dirty thing I put on 6pack. Expanded upper decks angled for line of sight. Either add additional club suites up top or make it an open deck with picnic tables and drink rails.

Dudy Noble.jpg

vCash

Also the athletic department needs to track who didn?t use their chairbacks for this weekend. Several seats were empty on the weekend and that?s unacceptable.
    I think the athletic department is already doing that. I'm not sure what the repprecussions are though.

At least the issue is a lot better than it was before the stadium was built.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Here is a quick and dirty thing I put on 6pack. Expanded upper decks angled for line of sight. Either add additional club suites up top or make it an open deck with picnic tables and drink rails.

Dudy Noble.jpg
    There are also going to be more lofts in the future as well. I've had a couple of MSU baseball player parents and diamond girl parents tell me that more additions are coming but every time I mention it someone like Gene shoots it down immediately meaning the AD doesn't want it out yet. The rumor is the berms are going to be turned into seats.

I think they're going to take care of the Hump next and then maybe address baseball expansion after that around 2024 if I had to guess.

vCash
    They aren't going to add on to the stadium for ga seats. So any addition would only hurt this people who only buy ga tickets. Now I'm ok w an addition. But it's just going to cause more crying from those either can't afford it, don't want to pay for it, or only come to a game or two.

vCash
    I like the berms.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I like the berms.
    The Berms are nice, but GEneral Admission should have a place to sit. As of now, there are zero general admission tickets. SRO sucks. Some general fans would like to catch a game and not be 20 people deep from the railing.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    The Berms are nice, but GEneral Admission should have a place to sit. As of now, there are zero general admission tickets. SRO sucks. Some general fans would like to catch a game and not be 20 people deep from the railing.
    I'm sure it does. But it's not about to change.... and we can agree to disagree that they "should have a place to sit". At least on a big weekend. They have a place to sit 80% of the games if not more.

vCash
    Upper deck extension around to left field would be relatively easy and get all these GA standing but can't see people a seat and a view. Can leave the berms. Even an upper deck in outfield would work.

vCash
    In the temporary, I?d like to see them put portable aluminum bleachers behind the berm areas on the concourse.

Also, I think it would be great to put a big permanent bleacher section in right behind the standing room area for students. Right field would rock if it became totally for students.

vCash
    In the temporary, I?d like to see them put portable aluminum bleachers behind the berm areas on the concourse.

Also, I think it would be great to put a big permanent bleacher section in right behind the standing room area for students. Right field would rock if it became totally for students.
    We have the nicest stadium in the country. Portable bleachers will make it look cheap. IMO. And if you had portable bleachers there, there would be no way to move around. Anyway it's not happening
    Last edited by Homedawg; 04-19-2021 at 09:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We have the nicest stadium in the country. Portable bleachers will make it look cheap. IMO. And if you had portable bleachers there, there's would bet no way to move around. Anyway it's not happening
    You could actually do it for the back part of the season - say Super Bulldog Weekend thru the Supers. Get the nice portable ones with chair backs like they have at golf tournaments. Wrap the outside with graphics and you would almost not notice them
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You could actually do it for the back part of the season - say Super Bulldog Weekend thru the Supers. Get the nice portable ones with chair backs like they have at golf tournaments. Wrap the outside with graphics and you would almost not notice them
    Where? There wouldn't be room to walk..... I'm sorry there isn't more room for ga. Is what it is.... like I said 80% of the time ga can find a place to be.

vCash
    The only time SRO has a chance to sit is for midweek nonconference games. We have zero general admission spots. It was a huge issue and mistake during design phase and should have never been allowed to happen. That is a fact.

Now there are ways to correct it. I like the idea of extending the upper deck and turning them slightly for the viewing angle. If done right, you gain approx 1k seats for general admission. 500 each side. Then, when designing the phase 2 of the lofts, make the 1st loft area higher and work in elevated seating area for Students or GA. Take this as opportunity to set up the aesthetic for the future M Club/ football lofts.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Where? There wouldn't be room to walk..... I'm sorry there isn't more room for ga. Is what it is.... like I said 80% of the time ga can find a place to be.
    Not until the 7th inning. Until then, bunch of old 17ers didn't show up and they are guarding the seats checking for tickets.