Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extend upper deck. Keep berms. Done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    They aren't going to add on to the stadium for ga seats. So any addition would only hurt this people who only buy ga tickets. Now I'm ok w an addition. But it's just going to cause more crying from those either can't afford it, don't want to pay for it, or only come to a game or two.
    At the same time those people shouldn't be forced to sit on grass or stand. Or pay astronomical amounts of money on the secondary market. I agree that we don't need bleachers. But I do think that they need to have at least a few sections reserved for general admission only.

vCash
    How much again was the costs for someone to lease a condo for a season?

vCash
    Where? There wouldn't be room to walk..... I'm sorry there isn't more room for ga. Is what it is.... like I said 80% of the time ga can find a place to be.
    when do they open up the chairbacks to GA ticket buyers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    How much again was the costs for someone to lease a condo for a season?
    I was originally told $52000 per season. I’ve recently been told they are now $62500 per season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    I was originally told $52000 per season. I’ve recently been told they are now $62500 per season.
    after fees yes. this is the number.

vCash
    Where? There wouldn't be room to walk..... I'm sorry there isn't more room for ga. Is what it is.... like I said 80% of the time ga can find a place to be.
    You do something like this behind each concourse running down the foul lines; add another in RF behind the standing drink rail area; and could probably even add another in LF behind the Lounge running from foul pole to the Loft. You put them up every year for SBW and leave them thru Supers (assuming we host). You add additional temp restrooms and concession areas in the area between the Hump and the Dude, and the Dude and Palmerio, and beyond the OF along the fence line. Treat the whole area as part of the baseball complex if needed that time of year and max out attendance options. They do the same thing for the Georgia/Florida football game every year in Jacksonville - adding about 18,000 seats within the stadium above the regular capacity for Jags games. Hell, up the GA price to $20 for those games to cover the costs. It ain't all that hard, the AD just has to want it.

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    They're not going to add chairbacks for GA seating. That would lose the university thousands of dollars unless they were to sell them as GA season tickets with a seat licensing fee and by the sound of most people complaining about no GA seating, mostly on GP and SPS, they only want to come to 1-2 series a year so they wouldn't buy GA season tickets. However, if we add seats I do agree that they MOST DEFINITELY DO NOT need to be cheap looking metal bleachers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You do something like this behind each concourse running down the foul lines; add another in RF behind the standing drink rail area; and could probably even add another in LF behind the Lounge running from foul pole to the Loft. You put them up every year for SBW and leave them thru Supers (assuming we host). You add additional temp restrooms and concession areas in the area between the Hump and the Dude, and the Dude and Palmerio, and beyond the OF along the fence line. Treat the whole area as part of the baseball complex if needed that time of year and max out attendance options. They do the same thing for the Georgia/Florida football game every year in Jacksonville - adding about 18,000 seats within the stadium above the regular capacity for Jags games. Hell, up the GA price to $20 for those games to cover the costs. It ain't all that hard, the AD just has to want it.

The only spot that likely works is behind LFL (again you have to get high enough over the 2nd row of LFL). Behind right field lounge the area you would want to put it has the light pole in the middle of it.
    Behind 3rd base line, there used to be a batting cage and parking lot right against the stadium. now there is some green space, and it's possible but it needs to be very tall to get up to the stadium height and then clear the concourse.
    If you did do both of these you could conceivably butt them against each other (down 3b line across back of LFL) .

1st base line is a lot more difficult due to the way the are dips down towards the hump (you would want something flat ideally) Plus the main sidewalk you would block.. plus trees you would have to cut down..

So all that work... and you would only need it for SBW or a Super Regional likely...

Links - Matt's walkthru, go to 12seconds in and you can see the full 3rd baseline from outside the stadium.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eR86fz7bKU
    Picture of final design - https://populous.com/wp-content/uplo...-Overall-2.jpg

vCash
    There seems to be a prevailing thought that anyone that wants to walk up and buy a ticket to any game and have a seat in the stadium had a right to do so. Where does that idea come from? Just a hold over from the metal bleacher days? Because that's not the way it actually works at high demand sporting venues.

The ticket exchange program needs to be a focus and emphasized so that the chair backs are used if the season ticket holder is not able to go, but otherwise it's just too bad for people that want to go to these big games and don't have tickets and don't want to stand.

A lot of State fans want nice things but don't want the sacrifices required to have those things. More season tickets and premium sitting brings more money. They could have made the whole thing reserved, but left some for the gen admin crowd.

In the end I think they should figure out how to incentivize the use of a ticket exchange program, otherwise it's just tough shit if you can't get one of the few spots on the berms. I say all this as someone without chair-back season tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    The Berms are nice, but GEneral Admission should have a place to sit. As of now, there are zero general admission tickets. SRO sucks. Some general fans would like to catch a game and not be 20 people deep from the railing.
    in bold lettering at the top of my tickets was typed in bold ALL CAPS, "STANDING ROOM ONLY." I knew if i wanted a seat to get there when the gates opened and set up a chair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    I was originally told $52000 per season. I?ve recently been told they are now $62500 per season.
    Do those leasing the condos get 24-7 access throughout the season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    The only spot that likely works is behind LFL (again you have to get high enough over the 2nd row of LFL). Behind right field lounge the area you would want to put it has the light pole in the middle of it.
    Behind 3rd base line, there used to be a batting cage and parking lot right against the stadium. now there is some green space, and it's possible but it needs to be very tall to get up to the stadium height and then clear the concourse.
    If you did do both of these you could conceivably butt them against each other (down 3b line across back of LFL) .

1st base line is a lot more difficult due to the way the are dips down towards the hump (you would want something flat ideally) Plus the main sidewalk you would block.. plus trees you would have to cut down..

So all that work... and you would only need it for SBW or a Super Regional likely...

Links - Matt's walkthru, go to 12seconds in and you can see the full 3rd baseline from outside the stadium.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eR86fz7bKU
    Picture of final design - https://populous.com/wp-content/uplo...-Overall-2.jpg
    None of those things are really obstacles. They seem to be able to turn golf courses into luxury stadiums with no problem. I've sat in a luxury suite 20 feet in the air on the 18th green at the PGA event on Sea Island and I've been to the Players in Jax, and none of the ground is flat that they set up the facilities on. Now, does it make economic sense? That would be for the AD to study and determine. It would not make sense for most of the regular season - and I didn't advocate that. But, if you could up attendance at price higher than SRO/GA for SBW and post season it might be worth it.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    There seems to be a prevailing thought that anyone that wants to walk up and buy a ticket to any game and have a seat in the stadium had a right to do so. Where does that idea come from? Just a hold over from the metal bleacher days? Because that's not the way it actually works at high demand sporting venues.

The ticket exchange program needs to be a focus and emphasized so that the chair backs are used if the season ticket holder is not able to go, but otherwise it's just too bad for people that want to go to these big games and don't have tickets and don't want to stand.

A lot of State fans want nice things but don't want the sacrifices required to have those things. More season tickets and premium sitting brings more money. They could have made the whole thing reserved, but left some for the gen admin crowd.

In the end I think they should figure out how to incentivize the use of a ticket exchange program, otherwise it's just tough shit if you can't get one of the few spots on the berms. I say all this as someone without chair-back season tickets.
    A little extreme with the GA view. When you are full out, your growth stops. On any large seating venue when you reach 80-90% capacity growth will slow and eventually stop. Your low view of people who have GA tickets is not accurate. Planning or not when seats are gone they are gone. If someone wants to pay a ridiculous amount for a game ticket well they have more money than brains.

Point of the original post is people stacked in but can't see is just a waste. I stood and watched a somewhat handicapped girl that couldn't see, it was sad. Luckily a nice girl gave up her spot for the young girl. So is that what we say to our fans - rich or not, loft seats or GA, we are all Bulldogs.

vCash
    I believe one of the biggest improvements of the new stadium to the old is the symmetry of the entire park now.

The old stadium was disjointed. A nice concrete grand stand....then cheap metal bleachers that sat back and below the grand stand and were slightly uncomfortable. Then the LFL was it's own separate place as well.

Everything fits together in this new stadium. The grand stands and berms are one piece. The outfield seating areas are tied in nicely in appearance and with a nice walkway all the way around the park. They really did a good job with those outfield boxes. Also, I believe the way it fits together makes the crowd seem that much louder and on top of the field all the way around. If State goes throwing bleachers up here, there and yander....it will take away from the aesthetic of the place without adding much atmosphere.

As for tickets.....I don't have season tickets. I got into the chairbacks Friday and Sunday. I had to work a little but I was able to find people selling tickets for reasonable prices. (Hint: Don't use stubhub. Look around and ask.) ALso, State has a good ticket transfer system in place that you can buy tickets electronically from one fan to another.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 04-20-2021 at 12:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    None of those things are really obstacles. They seem to be able to turn golf courses into luxury stadiums with no problem. I've sat in a luxury suite 20 feet in the air on the 18th green at the PGA event on Sea Island and I've been to the Players in Jax, and none of the ground is flat that they set up the facilities on. Now, does it make economic sense? That would be for the AD to study and determine. It would not make sense for most of the regular season - and I didn't advocate that. But, if you could up attendance at price higher than SRO/GA for SBW and post season it might be worth it.
    I'll agree with you there. I don't know if the economics work out but how about a guaranteed GA seat in the temporary seating for say $20/25 vs the $10 SRO. No idea what the rental cost is. Nor how many seats a segment would hold...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I'll agree with you there. I don't know if the economics work out but how about a guaranteed GA seat in the temporary seating for say $20/25 vs the $10 SRO. No idea what the rental cost is. Nor how many seats a segment would hold...
    Where would you put temporary seating? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know where you could put it in our stadium. Because putting it out on the concourse between the lounge and the stadium will impede walking through there and you'd have to elevate it really high if you put it behind the rigs in right and it would bottleneck those gates as well. Actually putting on the right field concourse would bottleneck the gate too.

vCash
    No. I believe you can be in them up to 24 hrs before the start of a series and have to be out of them 24 hrs after the series if I'm not mistaken.

vCash
    Yes, that is for the season.

https://hailstate.com/news/2019/1/31...rental-details

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Where would you put temporary seating? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know where you could put it in our stadium. Because putting it out on the concourse between the lounge and the stadium will impede walking through there and you'd have to elevate it really high if you put it behind the rigs in right and it would bottleneck those gates as well. Actually putting on the right field concourse would bottleneck the gate too.
    Read up... we discussed the placement on the foul lines and behind lfl

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    The point is, there is a thing called GENERAL ADMISSION, not standing room only. We have zero general admission areas in the entire stadium. That is what is missing.
    Downvotes_Hype