Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next three weekends are huge for the baseball team

vCash

Next three weekends are huge for the baseball team

If we can go on the road and take 2/3 from Vandy, 2/3 from A&M if not sweep, and then 2/3 from South Carolina we will be a lock to be a National Seed. That should take us to the May 10 selection date for regional sites I believe, so anything after that I'm not sure how much it matters other than seeding in regards to hosting. After that we need to sweep Mizzou and then take 2/3 from Alabama. That would put us at 21 SEC wins which is going to be tough to do one way or the other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If we can go on the road and take 2/3 from Vandy, 2/3 from A&M if not sweep, and then 2/3 from South Carolina we will be a lock to be a National Seed. That should take us to the May 10 selection date for regional sites I believe, so anything after that I'm not sure how much it matters other than seeding in regards to hosting. After that we need to sweep Mizzou and then take 2/3 from Alabama. That would put us at 21 SEC wins which is going to be tough to do one way or the other.
    If we do that the next three weeks, our chances of winning the conference would be sky high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn8 View Post
    If we do that the next three weeks, our chances of winning the conference would be sky high.
    We have a chance to do that. We're in the hunt but a lot of hard work to do.

vCash
    It seems like someone posts this every week.

vCash
    Just go 5-4 and we are announced as a host easily on May 10. That puts us at 15-9.

Then go 4-2 against Bama and Mizzou and we are 19-11 and will be a natty seed. Should sweep mizzou though to get to 20-10.

vCash
    Of course we would be. But good luck taking 2 of 3 from Vandy. I know UGA did it, but that is a tough ask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Of course we would be. But good luck taking 2 of 3 from Vandy. I know UGA did it, but that is a tough ask.
    We have a better chance of sweeping the aggies than this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It is tough especially on the road. Which is why this weekend is big. The best way to do it is the same as Ole Miss. Split the first two and then go all in on Sunday. But I don't believe they have lost a Sunday SEC game all year. The good news is we have the pitching to hang in with them even though MacLeoud and Bednar are not the prospects that Rocker and Leiter are.

vCash
    Sweeping auburn and then taking 2 of 3 from olemiss has us 1 game ahead of what we were hoping for going into the auburn weekend. Beating Rooker or Leiter will take one of them totally blowing up, I’m afraid. Not getting swept by vandy is the objective in my mind. After that, we need to sweep a couple of series which is doable, probably Missouri and Bama.

vCash
    Every week is big. They all count the same. Rinse and repeat.

vCash
    This is the most obvious post I've ever seen. How about this. If we win every game the rest of the year were guaranteed a national seed.

We won't drop a single spot in rankings if we lose 2/3 this weekend. This weekend doesn't really matter on the grand scheme unless we get swept then it might hurt some. Winning the games against the lesser SEC squads is what's more important.

vCash
    I just hope we beat Vandy once
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is a realistic point of view.

vCash
    I will be happy to beat vandy once. Essentially we have 2 extremely hard series (@vandy @usc) 1 medium hard (@bama) and then 2 should be easy series wins at home against atm and Missouri. That being said, if we finish 19-11 which is what I expect (3 to vandy, 2 to usc, 1 to bama) that should put us as a national seed.

vCash
    Looks like we should get to 18-12. That probably puts us on the border of a national seed at worst- and a 7 or 8 seed at best. 19-11 or 20-10 has us as a very secure national seed.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is the correct answer...

vCash
    We need to get at least one win at vandy and that would make me happy, but as scrappy and tough as this bunch is I'm thinking we're gonna get 2 of 3.

vCash
    Let's get 6 wins over the next 9. We do that feel good about 20 conference wins which would be big.

vCash
    Aren't they just announcing regional host sites but not has nothing to do with seeding, correct? This is not a normal year where your top regional seed is guaranteed to host.

Then super regionals will be decided later. They are much easier with just two ball clubs and not four.

vCash
    I just hope by the post season this team stays healthy and develops into the best possible version of itself. If that happens, this team will have a chance to well in the post season, no matter how many they win on a given weekend but:

Winning one will make us all feel better and two? There won't be no talking to me.