Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clay Travis with a tweet a couple hours ago

vCash

Clay Travis with a tweet a couple hours ago

About how great it was to see a full stadium at our game today. 99% of the replies were people around the nation they don't live here and enjoy us living life again. Some great pub for the university and state. And no, Scooba, I have no idea how to embed a tweet while on my phone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    About how great it was to see a full stadium at our game today. 99% of the replies were people around the nation they don't live here and enjoy us living life again. Some great pub for the university and state. And no, Scooba, I have no idea how to embed a tweet while on my phone.
    Oh svd... One day you can learn my dear friend lol

vCash

vCash
    Dudy Noble is quickly becoming the Tiger Stadium of SEC baseball.

Something has happened to MSU baseball fans since the new stadium opened in that the place is far more intense than before. In the old stadium, it wasn't all that loud & Dudy Noble was known for the LFL, food, & a laid back atmosphere. Now, the place has taken the next step & become absolute Broadway for college baseball. The electricity that flows through that place is every bit to college baseball what Tiger Stadium at night is to college football.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Something has happened to MSU baseball fans since the new stadium opened in that the place is far more intense than before. In the old stadium, it wasn't all that loud & Dudy Noble was known for the LFL, food, & a laid back atmosphere. Now, the place has taken the next step & become absolute Broadway for college baseball. The electricity that flows through that place is every bit to college baseball what Tiger Stadium at night is to college football.
    I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that in the old days a lot of the fans were not really in the grandstand and a lot of people were in the bleachers. The fans are way more concentrated now and we have more people in the grandstand seats. There's also a lot more concrete in the outfield than before and that causes sound to bounce off of it making it louder than our old rigs.

vCash
    It was a great atmosphere this weekend, awesome weather

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Great take and the place is electric!

vCash
    Great atmosphere for sure. But whoever is in charge of counting attendance numbers should be fired.
    Even the OM fans there and staff said if they had 11k against arky we had 14k Friday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Great atmosphere for sure. But whoever is in charge of counting attendance numbers should be fired.
    Even the OM fans there and staff said if they had 11k against arky we had 14k Friday
    An ole miss fan told me Friday night he was listening to the Ole Miss radio broadcast when they announced 10,300 or whatever it was. The ole miss announces said no way, and said it is as if MSU must have just stopped counting at that number and didn't want to count the rest.

Honestly that sounds and looked what happened. Too lazy to count them all, or scared politically to announce it.
    Last edited by Santiago; 04-19-2021 at 08:19 AM.

vCash
    Y'all see where manerie (sp??) is crying about the Tennessee baseball fans? That guy.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Y'all see where manerie (sp??) is crying about the Tennessee baseball fans? That guy.......
    Him, bianco, and o'sulivan are all the biggest cry babies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    He is crying for sure. But is TN one of the few teams that put their students right behind 1st base? They cannot sell enough tickets so students get those, but Burke on SEC broadcasts keeps pumping up that group as if they are something special.

vCash
    Fans especially students are gonna yell and act "crazy" or what ever, especially baseball at the players. The game is slow so players are more exposed to the "abuse", LOL!

Friday night, about a dozen nerdy ole miss students were standing in the section I seat in but at the ramp where you go up the steps. They yelling a whippy "throw it in the dirt...Dirt" chat. But someone must have got security to get them to move as they were blocking the enter exit ramp. The Msu crowd was getting on them somewhat before they were asked to leave. My point is they are young, stupid, dumb, crazy or what ever because things were about to get out of hand, the song "I ain't as good as I once was, but....." was about to happen. LOL!

Love baseball and getting on players good or bad is just part of the game. Just don't do stupid, LOL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Him, bianco, and o'sulivan are all the biggest cry babies.
    "There Is No Crying In Baseball" ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Fans especially students are gonna yell and act "crazy" or what ever, especially baseball at the players. The game is slow so players are more exposed to the "abuse", LOL!

Friday night, about a dozen nerdy ole miss students were standing in the section I seat in but at the ramp where you go up the steps. They yelling a whippy "throw it in the dirt...Dirt" chat. But someone must have got security to get them to move as they were blocking the enter exit ramp. The Msu crowd was getting on them somewhat before they were asked to leave. My point is they are young, stupid, dumb, crazy or what ever because things were about to get out of hand, the song "I ain't as good as I once was, but....." was about to happen. LOL!

Love baseball and getting on players good or bad is just part of the game. Just don't do stupid, LOL!
    Yes sir and to me getting on players, coaches and umpires is such a unique part of the game that the other sports just don't have. As you said thought don't do stupid. I can't remember which mlb outfielder was telling a story about the fans in philly. They were calling his wife a wh*** and telling him all the things she was doing with other guys, etc..he said I just laughed to myself cause I ain't even married!

vCash
    Yes sir and to me getting on players, coaches and umpires is such a unique part of the game that the other sports just don't have. As you said thought don't do stupid. I can't remember which mlb outfielder was telling a story about the fans in philly. They were calling his wife a wh*** and telling him all the things she was doing with other guys, etc..he said I just laughed to myself cause I ain't even married!
    Now that is funny!

vCash
    You can do it some in basketball too but the gyms have to be smaller - when Bruce Benedict was a HS ref in GA, he tried to have me and some friends tossed because when he made bad calls we would start chanting ".220 Hitter!!"
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You can do it some in basketball too but the gyms have to be smaller - when Bruce Benedict was a HS ref in GA, he tried to have me and some friends tossed because when he made bad calls we would start chanting ".220 Hitter!!"
    LOL!!! He really got upset over that? Geez. I remember back in the day if a player, coach or ump acknowledged you getting on them, the chant then became "rabbit ears" and other stuff. Worst thing you can do is acknowledge people getting on you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I just don't get why we wouldn't count... it's something we take great pride in... and theres no difference politically 10k vs 13k in that stadium.. it's packed.
    I truly wondered if.. we had 13,3xx on saturday... just how much the new dude really can hold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I just don't get why we wouldn't count... it's something we take great pride in... and theres no difference politically 10k vs 13k in that stadium.. it's packed.
    I truly wondered if.. we had 13,3xx on saturday... just how much the new dude really can hold.
    Maybe Ole Miss is lying about how many they have at their games? That's highly likely knowing them. That or the scanners aren't picking up every ticket and we're not counting the people in the lofts or something.

It's possible we could have had 10K at every game and they really had like 7-8K and reported 10.