Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some SUPER baseball thoughts

vCash
    So many great posts and points in this thread, especially the OP. I think the biggest thing I saw this weekend was what we experienced today. State has had a whole lotta teams that had no business being in Omaha, but they had leadership, grit, and an expectation to get it done. I had not really seen that this year, but today, after getting thumped yesterday, for our guys to continuously bounce back from Ole Miss grabbing a lead and then Rowdey, TA, Logan Tanner, and even Hatcher refusing to give in....that showed me something. It showed me that these guys weren’t still looking for someone else (like Mangum) to do it. That they were ready to take the torch. That’s the biggest thing I wanted to see, and today was a damn fine time to see it.

We have the talent to win in Omaha. We have the arms for that park. Now it appears we have the grit and leadership that can hopefully get us there. We just have to hit our stride at the plate in this back half. Doesn’t matter what our averages have been...only matters what we do in the back half to crescendo into postseason.

Let’s go! HailState

vCash
    Lost in all of this- Cerentola had another good outing on Saturday. He's not in the trust zone yet. But I think he may get there before the end of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Lost in all of this- Cerentola had another good outing on Saturday. He's not in the trust zone yet. But I think he may get there before the end of the year.
    That'd be nice, but assuming his problems are mostly mental, I'm not sure a good inning in a blowout is really moving the ball for him. I was assuming that them not using him in midweek was a sign they had basically given up on him for this season.