Now that my heart rate has come down, I thought I'd write down some level-headed thoughts about this weekend.

1.) LOL, 17 YOU OM. 17 YOU YANCY PORTER. We literally OWN your asses. 16 out of 19 and 5 straight series wins. That's complete dominance. OM has a very good baseball team. They probably have more talented hitters. But they ain't got grit like our guys do. They don't have that inexplicable winning instinct that we have. And some of our fans (me being the absolute main one) forget that sometimes. Grit beats talent more than times than not. And it did again this weekend.

2.) MacLeod had a good game Friday night. Bednar didn't on Saturday. Fristoe was okay today. If you would've told me one of those three was going to get lit up, I would've said Mac or maybe Fristoe. I'm gonna chalk Bednar getting touched as a rarity, and hope he does better next time. Harding looked good except when he didn't today. I still like him as the first option out of the pen after Fristoe. He's a completely different pitcher that works at a completely different pace, and that can be challenging to adjust to. Preston Johnson looked great Friday night. Brandon Smith looked good today. Stinnett scares the shit out of me but the stuff is there. But the most impressive pitcher this weekend was once again...

3.) Landon f'ing Sims. So glad we get this dude one more year. More important than his electric stuff is his leadership. Today when Forsythe botched the ball in the 9th, he immediately looked at him and said "It's all good, we're fine." And then proceeded to get the next guy. And that's not the first time he's done that this year. Just an unbelievable weapon to have.

4.) Okay, now the offense. Friday we only had 5 runs, but they were all very loud. TA and KJ led the way in that game, which is what you have come to expect from those guys. Saturday was completely awful, but you've got to tip your cap to Nikhazy. Dude was a warrior. Still should've gotten more than one hit though. Today was just a series of big, timely hits. We let them off the hook in the first, and honestly, we made McDaniel look better than he was. But then Bianco decided to be stupid and throw a freshman out there, and we made him pay. The hitting MVP from today imo is Logan Tanner. He got the big inning going with a one out single, and then he smashed one off the wall his next time up. TA proved he's the leader of this team with his bases loaded triple. There was no doubt he was going to deliver there. And then how about Scotty Dubrule? The dude has done nothing but hit in his career, so maybe he's finally getting adjusted to SEC pitching. If he and Hatcher (Lord willing) get going, then this offense can actually be...kinda good. Hancock is slumping. He's hitting the ball, but they've just been weak fly balls to left. He needs to do the opposite of Hatcher and starting pulling the ball some. Hatcher is the one that needs to think away. Oh, and Rowdy had a big game today as well. Safe to say he's back.

5.) RPI is up to #8. Today was huge for our chances to host a super regional. Just need to win one next week at Vandy. Anything more than that is gravy. And then it's smooth(er) sailing to the end. What a fun weekend. GTHOM.