Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It?s been said Sims is a BA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You got that right! I mean the dude just exudes confidence and you ain't gonna beat me! Love it! I feel like it's all over when he comes in.

Eta om can hit and they were completely overmatched against him. I
    Mean not even close.
    Yeah I even took a breath in the 9th and my heart rate went down when I saw him on the mound. I was kinda pissed at Lane, but it still didn't bother me too much because I felt Sims had it covered. If you can put State fans somewhat at ease over an error in the 9th, you know you're good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Yeah I even took a breath in the 9th and my heart rate went down when I saw him on the mound. I was kinda pissed at Lane, but it still didn't bother me too much because I felt Sims had it covered. If you can put State fans somewhat at ease over an error in the 9th, you know you're good!
    Ha! Amen to that's!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    LOL I remember as well. Imagine that song blaring with Sims walking out? I think it would be great!
    Maybe we can get that message to sims. Would be awesome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    LOL I remember as well. Imagine that song blaring with Sims walking out? I think it would be great!
    Lol, that would be nuts.

In the more traditional route, I'd also like to hear "Regulate" by Warren G and Nate Dog. "Hit 'em Up" by Tupac would be good also, but the expletive deleted's would make it un-recognizable, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lol, that would be nuts.

In the more traditional route, I'd also like to hear "Regulate" by Warren G and Nate Dog. "Hit 'em Up" by Tupac would be good also, but the expletive deleted's would make it un-recognizable, lol.
    U just went over my head Beard*. But I bet Tiny Tim has gone way more over heads, LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Sims is the best closer in the country
    Yep, no doubt. If we have a lead into the 8th, game over if he is available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Sims needs to use Holder's music. Talk about a crowd going bezerk? Let "God's Gonna Cut You Down" ring out during the 9th
    No. Still of the Night is perfect for him as it is. Leave that

vCash
    Still of the Night is his choice and thats fine. Nothing wrong with it at all.

BUTTTTTTTTT- he could switch to the Johnny Cash song and kind of make it an MSU "Closer" thing if he wanted to. Just an idea

I understand the individualism and cant blame him for doing his own thing. I didnt throw hard enough to be a closer- I was a SP/Long Relief guy. But my entrance song would have been When The Levee Breaks by Zeppelin
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    OT ... Tanner Allen can wear a stinking bikini, if he wants, as long as he keeps hitting like he did today!

vCash
    Sims fb reminds me of Nolan Ryan's with the way it just explodes.

vCash
    That is definitely the most bad ass dick swinging walkout song a closer can have, but that belongs to JH. I think of him every time I listen to it. Same with The Outfield and Jake. I do think that Landon could've picked something [much] better than Whitesnake, though, lol.
    Word.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    And it?s not really that close
    Hell, Holder's best pitch was actually that 12-6 curve, not the fastball.

vCash
    Lol, that would be nuts.

Regulatooooors, mount up! Man, that was one of my first tapes.

vCash
    The fans/students chanting the 7 nation army Friday night was awesome too. I could see that song being played in our games to get the chant going.

vCash
    No doubt. That 12/6 he had was unhittable at times. Difference is he only threw 91-92. Lindgren's curveball was even better than Holder's IMO. That thing was filthy. It had too much break on it at times. A catcher's nightmare.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)