Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we get smoked again today....

vCash

If we get smoked again today....

Will you have any confidence that this team can make a deep run? I think Ole Miss wins again today, which would mean we will be 7-5 in our last 12 league games, but only 1 win over a good club. Today is a pretty big game for us.

vCash
    Nope.

Can't go 1-5 against Arky and OM at home.

vCash
    Whether we win or lose, it doesn't change the fact that this team has holes. W can try to move person x here or person y there and it doesn't matter. Can't camouflage our problems. With that said, baseball is a crazy game. We can still make a run. But we aren't the best team in the country. However, lots of times, the best team doesn't win it all in baseball. Keep grinding and hope we get lucky.

vCash
    Today could be an offensive showcase for both teams. If this comes to fruition, the nod has to go to the landsharks. They are just better than us at the plate. Here?s to hoping Fristoe has his best outing of the year and our bullpen is ready to go to war.

vCash
    I don't think this team can make a deep run regardless of outcome today. We just don't have enough sticks and that's the truth and we can't always expect our pitching staff to completely shut other teams down.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    We absolutely can go on a deep run regardless of today's result. We could also lose in the regional. It's baseball. Our lineup has holes, and making Omaha will be tough for sure, but if our pitching is on, it could carry us to a title.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Baseball is a game of streaks and luck. We absolutely can make a run regardless of today. We also can go home in a regional. Get red hot at the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Baseball is a game of streaks and luck. We absolutely can make a run regardless of today. We also can go home in a regional. Get red hot at the end.
    It is. What if we win today is the other question, can OM make a run? We get into their bullpen, we can win today if our pitching is good. This is where OM will go down in post season. Their bullpen will cost them.

Most on here would say well of course they can so why not MSU? We've proven it more than OM has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Nope.

Can't go 1-5 against Arky and OM at home.
    Definitely not a good sign - we might be better off not hosting. Might need to visit Austin and sweep a Super Regional from the Little Horns. No big deal.

vCash
    If you watch anything other than sec baseball you'll see how good we really are and how good the sec really is. Yeah we can make a deep run because we're a dang good team. We have holes in our lineup for sure that can't be fixed this year but baseball is a weird game and it's whoever gets hot and fortunate at the right time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    If you watch anything other than sec baseball you'll see how good we really are and how good the sec really is. Yeah we can make a deep run because we're a dang good team. We have holes in our lineup for sure that can't be fixed this year but baseball is a weird game and it's whoever gets hot and fortunate at the right time.
    Exactly. I will add for 5 innings going into the game today, I think Fristoe will be good, I'm a little disappointed in Bednar against two good teams Arkansas and OMAHA Team. For a supposedly high draft potential he has been lit up somewhat.

We gotta hit today, can't afford to only have one or two wins against Ark, Om and Vandy next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We absolutely can go on a deep run regardless of today's result. We could also lose in the regional. It's baseball. Our lineup has holes, and making Omaha will be tough for sure, but if our pitching is on, it could carry us to a title.
    My biggest concern is that our elite pitching doesn't seem to be so elite when facing a high level offense. In 4 of 5 games against Ark and OM we've given up way more runs than our offense can counter. Makes me think when we face elite competition in Super or in Omaha that our pitching is not going to be good enough to make up for our lack of offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    As always CC24 knows what's up. There are probably 12 teams in the SEC that would compete to win any other conference in the country. The top 6 SEC (Arky, OM, MSU, Vandy, UT, and SC) are all host level squads fighting for national seeds and any one of them has the ability to win it all regardless of any holes.

vCash
    Win today and yesterday doesn’t matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I don't think this team can make a deep run regardless of outcome today. We just don't have enough sticks and that's the truth and we can't always expect our pitching staff to completely shut other teams down.
    Our pitching is really good, but gives up too many HRs. If we can just make it to Omaha, where the fly balls die and almost everyone has warning track power at best, our pitching can absolutely get us deep into the tourney.

vCash
    I’m a believer! Let’s gooooo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I’m a believer! Let’s gooooo
    I screenshot your negativity and sent it to the team. So thanks for motivating them.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I screenshot your negativity and sent it to the team. So thanks for motivating them.**
    Haha, only a few of you that go way back on EliteDawgs will believe me when I tell you this....but this entire thread was me trying to reverse psychology the hell out of this game. I’m so superstitious it’s embarrassing. Sue me.

vCash
    Haha, only a few of you that go way back on EliteDawgs will believe me when I tell you this....but this entire thread was me trying to reverse psychology the hell out of this game. I’m so superstitious it’s embarrassing. Sue me.
    Oh, for sure, lol. KO does his part too. I would say msstate7 as well, but he's just negative all the time, so it doesn't count

vCash
    Us old Dawgs no your reverse tactics and they work a lot! Keep up the good work CD! Good to see you posting more again!