Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: State vs. OM Game 2

vCash
    Just an embarrassing all around performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    There's no answer for our bad offense except to wait on real talent. James and Allen are about the only hitters we've got. This lineup scares no one. We'll have to score 7+ tomorrow. Not sure we can.
    Yep. Too many empty spots in the lineup.

We're getting better hitters coming in. But we have to wait on them to grow up.

Our approach sucks. But I think that's more about the general baseball environment all over than a MSU only thing.

vCash
    We are 15-3 the last 18. I know y’all know that but realize that those numbers can and will switch at some point. We are the better program but this year we are at best equal to them. Doesn’t change our future projections with 1 game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Our approach sucks. But I think that's more about the general baseball environment all over than a MSU only thing.
    I know we don't have the best talent on offense but what bothers me the most is our total lack of plate discipline. We are near the very bottom in the SEC in BBs and just today, I bet we had 5+ strikeouts today swinging at balls from Nikazy that were literally shoulder to neck high. Balls that we had no chance of making contact with. As stated, just a terrible approach as we are way too aggressive at the plate given the hitting talent we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Good grief we've won 7 sec games in a row and today we got shutdown by a dang good pitcher and we didn't play well, it does happen.Go out win tomorrow.
    This man gets it!

vCash
    We should put up some big runs tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    We should put up some big runs tomorrow
    Should...opposing SEC teams have scored 11, 6, 6, and 18 vs UM Sunday pitchers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    This man gets it!
    Isn't the goal in baseball to go thru the season undefeated???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Isn't the goal in baseball to go thru the season undefeated???
    A perfect season you just go straight to winning the whole thing because everyone else forfeits.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I know we don't have the best talent on offense but what bothers me the most is our total lack of plate discipline. We are near the very bottom in the SEC in BBs and just today, I bet we had 5+ strikeouts today swinging at balls from Nikazy that were literally shoulder to neck high. Balls that we had no chance of making contact with. As stated, just a terrible approach as we are way too aggressive at the plate given the hitting talent we have.
    We're seeing the exact same thing. It's like we're making up our mind to swing before the ball is even thrown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Should...opposing SEC teams have scored 11, 6, 6, and 18 vs UM Sunday pitchers
    OM has scored 19, 11, 5 and 14 so we better pitch well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    OM has scored 19, 11, 5 and 14 so we better pitch well
    No doubt!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Our approach sucks because our hitting coach is a scout. Not a hitting coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    You can't help but say dumb stuff can you.?? Going into the weekend we had the fewest k's by a mile w marginal hitting talent. Yeah he sucks. Fire him... I've read your posts a d you can't be a good preacher, and suck on football basketball and baseball post. Maybe softball is your cup of tea. But I doubt it.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 04-17-2021 at 07:42 PM.

vCash
    We all pissed and said some dumb things today (me esp), but come on mane... this isn't our hitting coaches' fault

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We all pissed and said some dumb things today (me esp), but come on mane... this isn't our hitting coaches' fault
    This^^ so foxhall sucks too? He had a first round talent wet the bed. Crap happens in baseball. It's not all cut and dried and way too many factors. Way too many. Ultimately, the coaches are paid to put a good product on the field. But not everything is within their control.

vCash
    Go challenge him to a wrasslin' match then.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This^^ so foxhall sucks too? He had a first round talent wet the bed. Crap happens in baseball. It's not all cut and dried and way too many factors. Way too many. Ultimately, the coaches are paid to put a good product on the field. But not everything is within their control.
    He'll find a way to blame today's loss on Cohen's wife.**

When you're playing an online character/personality, you commit to it, lol.

vCash
    Still have B. Smith available tomorrow to go with Fristoe and Harding, and Sims if needed.

Bats better wake up though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This. We're second in the SEC west top 5 in the country, our staff is doing a bang up job. Baseball isn't football, it has ups and downs just the nature of the game. What you do in baseball is search for consistency and to win each series, ain't going undefeated in baseball lol.