Thread: I?m wondering about Hatcher?s eyesight.

vCash

I?m wondering about Hatcher?s eyesight.

Seriously

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Seriously
    This makes the most sense. He has really regressed.

vCash
    He’s late on fastballs down the middle. Yeah, they are hi amp fastballs, but he has the bat speed for it. When he missed the pickoff attempt, if I’m Lemonis, we get an eye exam just to rule it out.

vCash
    My eyesight is great. Because I can see that Hatcher ain’t getting it done.

vCash
    He was hitting .259 the first 16 games of the season. The last 16 games (which was tonight) he is hitting .136. He has multiple problems occurring right now, not just mechanics, and desperately needs a reset

vCash
    He's never been good. He would've been an everyday guy before this year if he was.

vCash
    Auto-out
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    And an update:

He is 3/19 since Rexy declared he was breaking out
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Seriously
    I wondered about that too. He's not seeing the ball at all.

Lemonis probably needs an eye exam too for putting him out there no matter what.

vCash
    Hancock at 1B, then DH Cumbest and Kellum Clark.

vCash
    Great insight by many. And I agree but I won’t be pissed at our staff if they run him out there tomorrow. They see him everyday. Are they making a mistake? Maybe. But the coaches believe in him and the team seems to continue to battle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Great insight by many. And I agree but I won’t be pissed at our staff if they run him out there tomorrow. They see him everyday. Are they making a mistake? Maybe. But the coaches believe in him and the team seems to continue to battle
    To me it's sort of odd. We have other options. We could put Luke Hancock or Tanner Allen there. Cumbest has been better than Hatcher and getting him in the lineup is doable. Kellum Clark has been sick so I get why it's not him. But the odd thing is Lemonis has sat guys before that weren't struggling nearly as much as Hatcher. See Dubrule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To me it's sort of odd. We have other options. We could put Luke Hancock or Tanner Allen there. Cumbest has been better than Hatcher and getting him in the lineup is doable. Kellum Clark has been sick so I get why it's not him. But the odd thing is Lemonis has sat guys before that weren't struggling nearly as much as Hatcher. See Dubrule.
    That’s what is driving me crazy! Why? Does he believe in him? Does Hatcher know something on him ? Ha seriously they trust him and I’m ok with that. The thing is the team seems to believe in him also

vCash
    No defense of Hatcher by me at this point because there are no arguments from outside eyes. I’m trusting the staff who obviously believes he’s the guy. Because of that I’m ok with that decision because we are where we are and this staff helped get us there. Again I may be wrong but I trust the coaches

vCash
    I told somebody the same thing last week. This happened to me at about 19 years old. Worse at night.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Eyesight isn?t going to help shoulder flying out forcing him to lockout his right arm coming thru the zone. He stands zero chance of making contact with anything middle out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Eyesight isn?t going to help shoulder flying out forcing him to lockout his right arm coming thru the zone. He stands zero chance of making contact while his feet are anywhere in the batters box.
    FIFY

vCash
    I question Lemonis eye sight too.

vCash
    When Hatcher didn't catch the throw over by Preston on the pickoff attempt, a throw that wasn't great, but it hit the tip of his glove without him having to stretch for it, I shook my head. If he's gonna be a liability in the field as well, WTH?

But then later he snagged the line drive for a huge out, so... I do like him and desperately want him to figure it out.

vCash
    He got a good look from the dugout as his replacement with the Roger Dorn "Olay" bullshit.