Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garrison Brooks to MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Could easily list Wiley Peck with the frontcourt (especially power forward) and Ray White with the guards (either 1 or 2). Though, Miss. State had/has Peck listed as a guard (some games media referred to him as a power forward, some games they called him a guard). NBA had/has him listed as a shooting guard, and media called him a shooting guard. Ray White was listed as a forward at Miss. State. Though, was at times referred to as a guard, at other times...a forward. Also, Ray played point guard in games or at times as well. Mostly had Al Perry at the point though, and Greg Grim...in a combo guard type role.
    Nobody ever called peck a guard. I promise you. He was a beast in the boards. He was drafted by the Spurs as a power forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Nobody ever called peck a guard. I promise you. He was a beast in the boards. He was drafted by the Spurs as a power forward.
    Yeah and seeing him in person he was closer to 240-250lbs pound range than 220. He was a big man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg63 View Post
    If Jeffries commits on Monday, it tells me that Stewart has told the coaches and maybe even Jeffries that he is staying in draft. Molinar, Stewart, Brooks, Smith and Jeffries will imply to Jeffries and/or Stewart that this is too many scorers who expect a lot of shots and scoring opportunities for themselves.
    You got a source for this?

vCash
    If DJ Stewart comes back, and we get Jeffries, you start:

Molinar
    Stewart
    Jeffries
    Brooks
    Tolu

Davis, Post, Fountain and Garcia are nice bench pieces but we really have to get a ball handler or two from the portal. I hope Stewart returns but if he doesn't Jeffries is a nice replacement. It will be even better to have them together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg63 View Post
    If Jeffries commits on Monday, it tells me that Stewart has told the coaches and maybe even Jeffries that he is staying in draft. Molinar, Stewart, Brooks, Smith and Jeffries will imply to Jeffries and/or Stewart that this is too many scorers who expect a lot of shots and scoring opportunities for themselves.
    I don't personally believe that. If Stewart had made it known that he was likely going to remain in the draft then it made no sense for Devion Smith to transfer out when he would have had a likely starting job here. Now that doesn't mean he might not stay in the draft anyway if he gets the feedback that he is pretty much guaranteed to get drafted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah there was nothing guardish about him. He was a beast inside.
    The team of Ray White-AlPerry-Gary Hooker-Wiley Peck and Rickey Brown?-could probably beat any team In MSU history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    At MSU, Peck was anything but a G!
    He's mostly listed online as a guard or a shooting guard. NBA mostly lists him as a guard as well..sometimes a small forward, and occasionally a power forward. I left him off of my Miss. State...top frontcourt duos list. I actually see him as much more of a power forward type as well, but am currently counting him as a guard in regards to leaving him off of my listing. Just using what has been noted in variius records as reference to the players official positions...makeup of my listing, and not denying the eye tests, other records, statistics, varius assessments, ect..regarding Wiley Peck, other players. Nothing against nor not denying yours, mine, or others assessments,. Also, see nothing wrong with adding Wiley next time. Will add him next time.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 04-17-2021 at 04:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    The team of Ray White-AlPerry-Gary Hooker-Wiley Peck and Rickey Brown?-could probably beat any team In MSU history.
    - That team (Coach Ron Greene)
    - 1996 Final 4 team, 1995 team
    - 2 teams with Lawrence Roberts
    - Team with Jamont Gordon, Charles Rhodes, Jarvis Varnado, Barry Stewart, Ben Hansbrough,
    - Team with Arnett Moutrie, Renardo Sidney, Dee Bost
    - Cameron Burns. final season team
    - Team with Q Weatherspoon, Reggie Perry, Lamar Peters, Robert Woodard
    - Mario Austin's last season team
    - Also, some of the Babe McCarthy teams

Not saying which was the best, these were/are all really good teams. Few more not overly far behind.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 04-17-2021 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    Alright guys, back to this year... what Jeffries gonna do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Alright guys, back to this year... what Jeffries gonna do?
    Come to state

vCash
    No excuse for the hump not to be packed this coming year

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    If DJ Stewart comes back, and we get Jeffries, you start:

Molinar
    Stewart
    Jeffries
    Brooks
    Tolu

Davis, Post, Fountain and Garcia are nice bench pieces but we really have to get a ball handler or two from the portal. I hope Stewart returns but if he doesn't Jeffries is a nice replacement. It will be even better to have them together.
    I did some crack research on those players. In the starting five all averaged 10 PPG or more last year. That's really solid if that lineup comes to fruition.

vCash
    Expect good news on Monday and good news to follow in the coming days..
    basketball roster setting up to be very NICE next year

vCash
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=13oVTdhB6AE&t=215s

I watched some highlights tonight, we will have a really good post game with Garrison and Tolu Smith. We have a chance to be dangerous next year with those two. I know all highlight tapes are Amazing, but Brooks is coming from Roy Williams coaching and alot of experience so I'm confident in what he will bring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Peck was not anything close to a guard. He was a power forward. Ray white was a 2/3. Not a 4
    This is correct. I was at MSU during his career. He was definitely a power forward.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    This is correct. I was at MSU during his career. He was definitely a power forward.
    Peck never played guard a day in his life. He was called “Chairman of the Boards”