Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What concerts have you seen (or maybe remember) @ The Hump?

vCash
    Had no idea. I just never listen to country. I change the TV if it’s on. Change the radio. Don’t go to places that play country. I’d rather watch Mississippi Rebel women’s golf or Hillary Clinton speak than listen to country music.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDAWGFAN View Post
    I saw Live and Counting Crows in Spring of 2000 there. It was funny, after Live went on some guys in front of me were with their girlfriends and the girls said they wanted to leave because Counting Crows was so depressing. One of the guys responded "Live is the depressing one. Lightning crashes and old mother dies... what can be more depressing than that."

That was the only concert I ever saw at the Hump but I did see one where the drummer was out front and was also the singer (forgot who it was but they were popular at the time) at the Amphitheater.
    Maybe Cowboy Mouth. Jenny says is a purely awesome song.

vCash
    I saw Cheryl Crow with Eagle Eye Cherry. Live with the Counting Crowe. Goo Goo Dolls, I can't remember the opening act. Not bad shows.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Tbonewannabe;1319441]I saw Cheryl Crow with Eagle Eye Cherry. Live with the Counting Crowe. Goo Goo Dolls, I can't remember the opening act. No

vCash
    Statler Brothers with Grandpa Jones who was last minute fill in for Barbara Mandrell who was sick.

vCash
    First one that I remember is Stevie Nicks and there are others. They’ll come to me but, hey, it was college and there likely were libations involved, making recollections a little slow in coming.

First post here fellas; moving over from years at Genespage. Good to be with y’all!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Just a little more levity or the board.

Me: Frampton, Kansas, Amy Grant, Commodores, ChicARGO, seems like there some others too.
    White Snake 1988
    Alabama 1990

vCash
    Class of '77 here: Lynerd Skynerd ( was it same year as crash?), Roger McQuin warming up for Leon & Mary Russell, Jerry Jeff so drunk warm up band , Vassar Clements Band had to help finish show, Linda Ronstat, Billy Joel, Barry Manolow (free ticket, went with two girls), Bruce Springsteen (much later), 2015 - 1st concert with 14 year old son, Billy BobThornton & the Boxcutters warming up for ZZ Top. Next show for us Alice Cooper in Tupelo. Big regret - not rushing back to campus one Sunday afternoon for free John Prine on the Drill Field in about '76/77? Rock On & Hail State! BTW, most of my 100 or so other rock shows in the late great Mid-South Coliseum (I think!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Maybe Cowboy Mouth. Jenny says is a purely awesome song.
    Yep. It was Cowboy Mouth. Couldn't remember them.

vCash
    Can't remember if the Commodores were my first, or Earth, Wind, and Fire. This would be the 70s. Also saw Peter Frampton and Jimmy Buffet, and Pat Benatar.

Smithereens and Violent Femmes at another location in Starkville in the 80s.

Indigo Girls at the Amphitheater.
    Last edited by SailingDawg; 04-16-2021 at 05:22 PM.

vCash
    Old Fart here. !966-67 The Cow Barn. Roy Orbison, The Beach Boys

vCash
    Chicago
    Billy Joel 2
    Jimmy Buffett
    Commodores
    Linda Rhonstat
    Kansas
    Heart (Valentines Day)
    Doobie Brothers
    Kenny Rogers
    Boz Skaggs
    America

vCash
    All in the 80s

Springsteen in '80 or '81 was my 1st concert ever as a FR in HS.
    Pat Benatar
    .38 Special/Huey Lewis.
    Night Ranger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Crowes was either Fall '91 or Spring '92. The Allmans opened for Blues Traveler in Spring '93 I think. Couple of friends and I stood right at the middle of the stage, front row and talked to Dickey Betts the whole show. We all got guitar picks at the end of the set.

You sure it wasn't Blues Traveler opening up for The Brothers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    You sure it wasn't Blues Traveler opening up for The Brothers?
    Yep. It was at the height of Blues Travelers popularity and the Brothers were still early in their 90's "come back".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Just a little more levity or the board.

Me: Frampton, Kansas, Amy Grant, Commodores, ChicARGO, seems like there some others too.
    Kansas, 38 Special, Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama, Dan Folgeburg, Pat Benatar, Buffet

vCash
    Memories
    Last edited by TimberBeast; 04-17-2021 at 11:38 PM.

vCash
    I go way back to the Cow Barn, too. The ones I remember were around 67-68 ... Lovin Spoonful (twice), The Turtles, Three Dog Night, and James Brown, who put on a good concert. His was especially memorable because everyone around us were smoking pot the entire concert. All you had to do was breathe normally, and you were high.
    Last edited by Dawg_Lover; 04-18-2021 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Correct wording