Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What concerts have you seen (or maybe remember) @ The Hump?

vCash
    Bob Dylan played at the Hump in the late 90s.

Only thing I remember is that people working the event were instructed not to look him in the eye...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think Garth may have been the only concert at the Hump my 4 years. Did see The Black Crowes, Blues Traveler, The Allman Bros and WSP all at the malfunction junction amphitheater over the years
    I saw the Black Crowes at the amphitheater around '91. When did the Allman's play it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    Hank Jr/Restless Heart
    Expose - music was meh, but the ladies singing were entertaining.
    Ronnie Milsap - actually worked stage crew and spotlights for this one.
    Other on campus venues
    Joan Jett - at malfunction junction amp
    Hoodoo Gurus - McCarthy
    Smithereens - McCarthy
    I will add that a couple years ago, I learned that one of my coworkers used to play with a group called 17th Floor that played Starkville fairly often. His group traveled the world and played background for Usher and several other pop/r&b groups. I didn't believe him at first but he had pics and videos of him hanging out and/or performing with Usher, Boys to Men, Prince, and some others.

vCash
    Saw Bob Dillon and nickleback. Chad Kroeger grabbed a couple bottle waters he had on stage and threw them to me and my buddy on the front row. Pretty fun concert. But that's the only 2 I remember in the hump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I will add that a couple years ago, I learned that one of my coworkers used to play with a group called 17th Floor that played Starkville fairly often. His group traveled the world and played background for Usher and several other pop/r&b groups. I didn't believe him at first but he had pics and videos of him hanging out and/or performing with Usher, Boys to Men, Prince, and some others.
    I remember them. Think I went to a couple sorority parties where they played. Fun band.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    At the old gym:

Barry Manilow
    I saw Sknyrd at the old gym in 1975.

vCash
    Jimmy Buffett at the Hump.

vCash
    Nickelback. I think Default was with them. I think they came because were on the MTV Campus Invasion tour.

vCash

Crap. I missed Night Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Bon Jovi
    Kansas
    Night Ranger
    Mr Mister
    Tina Turner
    Hank Williams
    Charlie Pride (with my parents, my first concert)
    Frampton
    Heart
    Cheryl Crow
    Eagle Eye Cherry
    REM (I think this was at the old gym)
    Kenny Wayne Shepard (Rick's)
    The Outfield
    David Allen Cole (at the Ramada Inn bar?)

I'm sure there are more...
    Sigh....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I saw the Black Crowes at the amphitheater around '91. When did the Allman's play it?
    Crowes was either Fall '91 or Spring '92. The Allmans opened for Blues Traveler in Spring '93 I think. Couple of friends and I stood right at the middle of the stage, front row and talked to Dickey Betts the whole show. We all got guitar picks at the end of the set.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Just a little more levity or the board.

Me: Frampton, Kansas, Amy Grant, Commodores, ChicARGO, seems like there some others too.
    I saw Live and Counting Crows in Spring of 2000 there. It was funny, after Live went on some guys in front of me were with their girlfriends and the girls said they wanted to leave because Counting Crows was so depressing. One of the guys responded "Live is the depressing one. Lightning crashes and old mother dies... what can be more depressing than that."

That was the only concert I ever saw at the Hump but I did see one where the drummer was out front and was also the singer (forgot who it was but they were popular at the time) at the Amphitheater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I was there in the early 90's and never saw one concert at The Hump. I really dont even remember one being advertised other than Garth Brooks and didnt care to see a one hit wonder.

I did see other good groups around town like Better Than Ezra, Kyper, Arabian Prince, and a few others.
    One hit wonder? He had already had like 10 number 1?s when he played in Starkville in 1992. I?m not a huge Garth fan but that was a fun concert. He was very entertaining. Busted out his new jersey Jackie gave him before the concert.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    One hit wonder? He had already had like 10 number 1?s when he played in Starkville in 1992. I?m not a huge Garth fan but that was a fun concert. He was very entertaining. Busted out his new jersey Jackie gave him before the concert.
    Seriously? I?ve only heard the Low Places song. Didn?t know he had done much else. But I only listen to rock and Rap. I have no idea who anybody is in Country Music except Faith Hill
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Just a little more levity or the board.

Me: Frampton, Kansas, Amy Grant, Commodores, ChicARGO, seems like there some others too.
    Huey Lewis / .38 Special
    Night Ranger / Joe Lynn Turner
    Whitesnake / Cinderella
    Bon Jovi / Great White
    Hank Williams, Jr.

Of course they were all ?A Musicmaker Production?......

vCash
    Seriously? I?ve only heard the Low Places song. Didn?t know he had done much else. But I only listen to rock and Rap. I have no idea who anybody is in Country Music except Faith Hill
    I dislike most country - but I don't know how you were on campus at the same time I was and escaped hearing Garth everywhere you went. I had a neighbor who would come home from Classix and just blast that shit at 2:00 AM. It was shear torture.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    He's decent. Lolz.

He's sold more records than anybody ever except the Beatles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Garth Brooks with Martina McBride opening.
    Was there for that. We didn't know who the long-haired brunette was, we just wanted her to hurry up and get off the stage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Crowes was either Fall '91 or Spring '92. The Allmans opened for Blues Traveler in Spring '93 I think. Couple of friends and I stood right at the middle of the stage, front row and talked to Dickey Betts the whole show. We all got guitar picks at the end of the set.
    Very cool. I graduated in '93 but I don't remember the Allmans show. I saw them in '95 at the Jackson Zoo. Only time I got to see them. I didn't appreciate their greatness until later in life.

vCash
    The only one I remember attending at the Hump was Sheryl Crow with Eagle Eye Cherry. My first concert ever was the Black Crowes at the Amphitheater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Yeah I'm not real big Garth fan either, but the dude has sold 157 million albums, not bad lol.

#1 artist in album sales since 1991, according to Nielsen.