Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men's Basketball Recruiting

vCash

Men's Basketball Recruiting

Spring signing

Alden Applewhite...officially signed

vCash
    Reminds me of Q Witherspoon, but taller and better ball control. Unlimited ceiling.

vCash
    He is a good pickup..but we have Derek Fountain and Anderson Garcia here already who are similar, and Fountain had some good last last season as a true Freshman. I hope we can land one or two transfers (Brooks and Jeffries hopefully). I think adding one or both of these guys will change this team next season

vCash
    I personally hope Garcia can get 10-12 minutes a game this upcoming year. He's a natural scorer.

vCash
    What is the status of Jeffries and brooks? Seems the longer this drags out, it doesn't favor us.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    I personally hope Garcia can get 10-12 minutes a game this upcoming year. He's a natural scorer.
    Garcia is a hustler & ball of energy. There's a lot of positives about him but natural scorer isn't 1 of them. He can hit an open 3 sometimes & he's hell in transition but you can't give him the ball & say go get me a bucket. That's a natural scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Reminds me of Q Witherspoon, but taller and better ball control. Unlimited ceiling.
    Applewhite is a low level Rodney Hood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What is the status of Jeffries and brooks? Seems the longer this drags out, it doesn't favor us.
    Steve Robertson mentioned last night that Brooks wasn't a lock just yet, he also said he felt we had a good chance at getting Jeffries. From what I gathered neither one of them are locked in yet but we do have a good shot at getting both (50/50 in my opinion). Garrison's Dad is on our staff so you would like to think we have really good chance with him, but there was some family issues going on when we initially had him committed a few years ago so who really knows

vCash
    Disagree. Every time he steps on the court, he's looking to score and usually does very quickly, especially in his limited minutes this past season.

vCash
    Disagree. Every time he steps on the court, he's looking to score and usually does very quickly, especially in his limited minutes this past season.
    Yes he's looking to score in garbage time. Everybody on the court is. Those 2-3 minutes may be the only time they play for 2-3 weeks. He's not a natural scorer but he's a big time athlete that can possibly help this team in the future. Scoring comes easy to a natural scorer that's definitely not Garcia. Again good energy guy & glue guy but not a natural scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yes he's looking to score in garbage time. Everybody on the court is. Those 2-3 minutes may be the only time they play for 2-3 weeks. He's not a natural scorer but he's a big time athlete that can possibly help this team in the future. Scoring comes easy to a natural scorer that's definitely not Garcia. Again good energy guy & glue guy but not a natural scorer.
    Agree. Those minutes at end of an already decided game and middle of games ain't the same. We still really have no idea how good he can be in serious minutes yet. He does show potential though.

vCash
    Every time he steps on the court, he's looking to score and usually does very quickly
    He scored at a .88 Points/min rate (11 FGs, 2 3PTs, 1 FT in 33 min) .. which was more that Molinar (.60) or Stewart (.55) BUT the glaring stat is 1 of 4 from FT Line (25%)

Whether, he played in just 'garbage' time, would require more 'in-depth' look BUT he did score when he was given the opportunity.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Sorry to burst the party but I don?t see us getting either of those players. Howland is losing his touch recruiting which is becoming extremely concerning because that?s what kept us decent

vCash
    Camryn Carter- signed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Sorry to burst the party but I don?t see us getting either of those players. Howland is losing his touch recruiting which is becoming extremely concerning because that?s what kept us decent
    Do you have some information, or are you just being a typical Mississippi State fan? All the mods at 247 that have insider info seem to feel pretty confident about both

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    He scored at a .88 Points/min rate (11 FGs, 2 3PTs, 1 FT in 33 min) .. which was more that Molinar (.60) or Stewart (.55) BUT the glaring stat is 1 of 4 from FT Line (25%)

Whether, he played in just 'garbage' time, would require more 'in-depth' look BUT he did score when he was given the opportunity.
    33 minutes is exactly a 1 minute per game average. Almost certainly bench-clearing garbage time.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    33 minutes is exactly a 1 minute per game average. Almost certainly bench-clearing garbage time.
    He played 33 min in 11 games, NOT 33, he scored 29 points total.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Do you have some information, or are you just being a typical Mississippi State fan? All the mods at 247 that have insider info seem to feel pretty confident about both
    He lives in Pittsburg he don't know shit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Well you're 0/1 on your predictions so far.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNtEdyYD...d=xtmo5g69o8bv