Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Preseason FPI

vCash

ESPN Preseason FPI

This is interesting.....

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Very interesting indeed. Maybe they know something.

vCash
    Just win... I still have no clue what to expect from this team this year but I hope it's gonna be more of what we were promised and entertaining.

vCash
    Woah...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    This is interesting.....

This is Bogus, no Notre Dame or USC.****

vCash
    Has us going 8-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Has us going 8-4
    I would be more than pleased with that.

vCash
    Going to need a huge...and I mean HUGE....increase in offensive productivity to get to 8-4 in my opinion.

By the way, what’s anybody hearing out of camp so far? Anything to be excited about so far?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Going to need a huge...and I mean HUGE....increase in offensive productivity to get to 8-4 in my opinion.

By the way, what’s anybody hearing out of camp so far? Anything to be excited about so far?
    Ive heard the receivers have really improved and the defense has looked good. It could just be sunshine pumping but I hope its true.

vCash

We are going to pass the ball alot...

vCash
    I'm expecting 6-7 wins and if we get more I will be extremely happy!

vCash
    Every year when MSU is predicted to suck:
    "We never get any respekt."

MSU finally gets some respect:
    "Idk about that now."

vCash

Turnovers. We clean up our turnovers and that by itself will increase offensive production. I'm pretty optimistic about where we are headed. 8 wins is not out of the question with the schedule we have.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    That is a bit of a stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

"Idk about that now."
    So typical of MSU fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Turnovers. We clean up our turnovers and that by itself will increase offensive production. I'm pretty optimistic about where we are headed. 8 wins is not out of the question with the schedule we have.
    This. Not to mention a full spring with even more reps to get Leach's system down.

I can see why FPI would like us. We're really only losing Costello, Hill, Mitchell, and Eiland on offense. Two of those played half the year or less. The other two are replaceable. And then we lose Spencer, Jones, and Errol on defense- but I think we can replace their production with Crumedy, Jordan Davis, Randy Charlton, and Nate Watson. Everyone else returns and most should be better. I'm not sure how FPI counts transfers like Polk and Green but they could help us out a lot. And then you have the x-factors at WR like Ducking, Harvey, and Teddy Knox along with Polk. How good we ultimately are depends in part on how many of these guys are for real or not- and is not really factored into FPI other than in the form of recruiting rankings. Defensively we were 5th in the SEC in most major overall categories except for pass defense in which we were 10th. Our secondary should be improved just simply because we have guys healthy. We lost our LS on ST but return our kickers and our return guys and could take a step here if we find a punt returner that is able to return punts instead of fair catching everything.

Add in a full spring, a full offseason of conditioning, and Leach not having as many malcontents and we're definitely trending in the right direction.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Under six wins - subpar performance
    6-7 wins- solid season to be optimistic about
    8+ wins- outstanding job.
    Romans 5:8

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    My call is 7-5
    Romans 5:8

vCash

"Idk about that now."
    Like death and taxes, lol. Rinse, repeat.

vCash

"Idk about that now."
    What is worse is that every once in a blue moon when we get respect we suck and start all over again. Hope this year reverses the historical trend.