Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Of course the power trip scoob comes along

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Well that narrows it down to about 8 possible locations in Gulfport.
    TO's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It's hard for me to fathom biological men competing against biological women as equality.
    Unfortunately and hopefully this never happens, but the minute a ball is hit into at pitchers head at 90 mph, a lot of people might change their mind about how equal they really are. The average D1 exit velocity is low 70?s with around 82 the max you will see from women. Pitchers are finishing 36? away from the batter. That equates to a 120-122 mph exit velocity off a bat in baseball. It would do untold damage to a player. Softballs are larger and heavier as well, so the impact force will be great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Unfortunately and hopefully this never happens, but the minute a ball is hit into at pitchers head at 90 mph, a lot of people might change their mind about how equal they really are. The average D1 exit velocity is low 70?s with around 82 the max you will see from women. Pitchers are finishing 36? away from the batter. That equates to a 120-122 mph exit velocity off a bat in baseball. It would do untold damage to a player. Softballs are larger and heavier as well, so the impact force will be great.
    Yes this is a disaster waiting to happen on so many levels. After I was done playing baseball I played some pretty serious softball(albeit slow pitch and not fast pitch). I played ss and some of the balls that were hit my way were absolutely smoked, way more velo than I had seen in baseball(due to how much closer you are to the hitter). It's why all those guys that pitch in softball wear all that gear lol.

vCash
    It's hard for me to fathom biological men competing against biological women as equality.
    It's not.

vCash
    Yes this is a disaster waiting to happen on so many levels. After I was done playing baseball I played some pretty serious softball(albeit slow pitch and not fast pitch). I played ss and some of the balls that were hit my way were absolutely smoked, way more velo than I had seen in baseball(due to how much closer you are to the hitter). It's why all those guys that pitch in softball wear all that gear lol.
    Ha, yeah they do. And there’s nothing soft about a softball. Slow or fastpitch. We all had to adjust off the baseball field to slow pitch. 3rd and SS get shots screamed at them all the time. I wouldn’t want my daughter standing there with a 90 mph screamer heading for her, even with a face mask on. Which she states she will wear in college when pitching anyway.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    I have a daughter that plays fast pitch and will very likely play major college ball. If there are “men” playing women’s sports she will have no choice but to give up the sport she loves. How is that equality?
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Sports has always been at the forefront of social issues. From the mob being in baseball during prohibition, to Jesse Owens basically giving Hitler the finger in Berlin, Jackie Robinson 42 and the dodgers, to Muhammad Ali and Vietnam, Jim Brown, to the diver that had AIDS in the 80s, to Title IX, to the Ping Pong diplomacy, to the NFL kneeling to protest police brutality, to our players marching against the flag this past summer. Sports people have a platform to effect social change. Leagues set the tone for how competition will take place and where it will take place.

I have zero issues with sports building up the NY teams after 9/11. Although I had initial issues with Kaep kneeling, once I saw what they were kneeling for I support them. We celebrate Robinson, Ali, Jim Brown, and Owens now, but I swear some of you would have been on the wrong side of that situation.

I am 100% in support of the NCAA doing what they need to do for our country to move to a 100% equal society beyond racism and prejudice, as we all should be.
    And this is why we have so many people that have trained themselves to be idiots. They are worried about being "on the wrong side of history" and not confident enough in their intelligence (which in fairness, they shouldn't be confident in their intelligence) to believe they can identify what will and will not be viewed as horrific by future generations. So they are worried that believing women and men are different enough in athletic ability to justify having separate leagues will somehow in the future be viewed as equivalent to thinking races should be segregated. In reality, it's just as likely that the people are advocating against women only sports will be the ones seen as backwards and on the wrong side of history and people giving puberty blockers and/or hormones and/or sex changes to minors will be viewed worse than people that pushed lobotomies or institutionalizing people with down syndrome.

vCash
    Should the thread end on it's on volution? Asking for a friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    I'm watching. no personal attacks yet... but that's likely because the trouble makers aren't around for a bit.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    Outstanding!!
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    ooh cool i get to join in before it gets lost in the weeds with threats of exterminating democrats lol

Regarding the trans issue I've yet to see one post here (or anywhere for that matter) that thinks a bio male that went through puberty as a male should compete with bio females. That's not the issue. I agree that "the right side of history" is not on the NCAA's side from an objective viewing of the science

Regarding the "wrong side of history" comment, yes most of us are on the wrong side of history about a ton of stuff. We are all the same. You and I, if we were born more than 60 years ago, would have been racist. How do I know that? Because almost all southern whites back then were, and we're the same as them. Same with the Nazis, same with sexists, etc etc.

Think, how did you feel about the legalization of gay marriage? The left is 100% on the right side of that one, were you? Think of eating meat. In 50 years the idea of killing an animal for its flesh will be considered as selfish and barbaric as we view torturing a dog. Yes most of us (myself included) eat meat when we could be vegetarians and end animal suffering. It's not like we don't know animals feel pain, we just like the taste and texture. It's extremely selfish if you think about it. Yet we're "on the wrong side" of that because -like the wrong people in the past- we're a product of our culture.

At any point in time, society has some wrong views. If you find yourself ALWAYS defending the traditional societal views, you need to stop and rethink whether you've evaluated all those issues, or if you're just defending the status quo because it's the status quo.

And I have no issue with how Scoob handled that thread. The personal attacks, insults, and frankly god awful logic displayed meant that nobody was getting anything out of it. Just circling the wagons with like minded people and being defensive
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 04-13-2021 at 06:48 PM.

vCash
    Seems this thread has petered out.

vCash
    BB is always watching.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    ooh cool i get to join in before it gets lost in the weeds with threats of exterminating democrats lol

Regarding the trans issue I've yet to see one post here (or anywhere for that matter) that thinks a bio male that went through puberty as a male should compete with bio females. That's not the issue. I agree that "the right side of history" is not on the NCAA's side from an objective viewing of the science

Regarding the "wrong side of history" comment, yes most of us are on the wrong side of history about a ton of stuff. We are all the same. You and I, if we were born more than 60 years ago, would have been racist. How do I know that? Because almost all southern whites back then were, and we're the same as them. Same with the Nazis, same with sexists, etc etc.

Think, how did you feel about the legalization of gay marriage? The left is 100% on the right side of that one, were you? Think of eating meat. In 50 years the idea of killing an animal for its flesh will be considered as selfish and barbaric as we view torturing a dog. Yes most of us (myself included) eat meat when we could be vegetarians and end animal suffering. It's not like we don't know animals feel pain, we just like the taste and texture. It's extremely selfish if you think about it. Yet we're "on the wrong side" of that because -like the wrong people in the past- we're a product of our culture.

At any point in time, society has some wrong views. If you find yourself ALWAYS defending the traditional societal views, you need to stop and rethink whether you've evaluated all those issues, or if you're just defending the status quo because it's the status quo.

And I have no issue with how Scoob handled that thread. The personal attacks, insults, and frankly god awful logic displayed meant that nobody was getting anything out of it. Just circling the wagons with like minded people and being defensive
    That's all good and well, but in the US, for now, we don't have a huge issue with people just defending the status quo because we've picked a lot of the low hanging fruit. There are still certainly issues we'll look back at and wonder how we allowed that to happen, but they're not the ones generally getting play (with the exception of abortion). Eating meat is a good guess on one but it's not really the cause of a lot of conflict. I think (hope) allowing our prisons to be basically anal rape centers is going to be a black mark but nobody really cares about that. ON the other hand, we have a problem sheep following reactionaries without thought just because they either don't have the intelligence to even question it, or they don't trust their intelligence (again, wisely) to think about it for themselves. So you get people arguing that men should be allowed to compete in women's sports. You get people advocating for permanent chemical and physical mutilation of minors despite the fact that there's not a lot of evidence it makes things better and plenty of evidence that many will regret it. You get people arguing for segregation and treating people based on their race rather than the content of their character. You get people arguing against providing due process and instead punishing based on being a part of a group, whether by choice or by fate. The negative consequences of those ideas are currently concentrated on a minority of unfortunate victims, but those are the type of things that have the potential to cause serious decline and regression in society, not defending the status quo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    That's all good and well, but in the US, for now, we don't have a huge issue with people just defending the status quo because we've picked a lot of the low hanging fruit. There are still certainly issues we'll look back at and wonder how we allowed that to happen, but they're not the ones generally getting play (with the exception of abortion). Eating meat is a good guess on one but it's not really the cause of a lot of conflict. I think (hope) allowing our prisons to be basically anal rape centers is going to be a black mark but nobody really cares about that. ON the other hand, we have a problem sheep following reactionaries without thought just because they either don't have the intelligence to even question it, or they don't trust their intelligence (again, wisely) to think about it for themselves. So you get people arguing that men should be allowed to compete in women's sports. You get people advocating for permanent chemical and physical mutilation of minors despite the fact that there's not a lot of evidence it makes things better and plenty of evidence that many will regret it. You get people arguing for segregation and treating people based on their race rather than the content of their character. You get people arguing against providing due process and instead punishing based on being a part of a group, whether by choice or by fate. The negative consequences of those ideas are currently concentrated on a minority of unfortunate victims, but those are the type of things that have the potential to cause serious decline and regression in society, not defending the status quo.
    Very well said.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Johnson85 again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Seems this thread has petered out.
    ISWYDT.

Bravo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I mostly disagree with locking threads and banning posters, but that thread needed to be locked. That thread was another example of how we just can't have nice things.

I'm really considering walking away from sports completely today. Sports is no longer a break from the garbage of the world. It has embraced the garbage.
    I agree with you on this. Sports used to be the one escape and actually a uniting thing but not anymore.

I don't mind discussing any subject but this I'm going to cancel you if I don't like what you say stuff has to end. Everyone should have their voice without threat of being canceled and erased from the world even when I disagree with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post

One issue with your position here. Absolute truth has no expiration date. Moral laws are real and you have no moral law without a moral law giver. Gay marriage has a moral side and a legal side. Gay marriage is wrong and it doesn't benefit the people or society as a whole and brings judgment. You cheapen the real thing when you offer a counterfeit which is what that is. If you can't see this truth, answer one question. If it is so right then if everyone did it, where would society be? Easy answer - extinct.

Society has the wrong views because they look to the wrong sources for the answers. Just because something gets accepted doesn't make it right.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, if so I apologize for that but the facts remain for anyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I agree with you on this. Sports used to be the one escape and actually a uniting thing but not anymore.

I don't mind discussing any subject but this I'm going to cancel you if I don't like what you say stuff has to end. Everyone should have their voice without threat of being canceled and erased from the world even when I disagree with it.
    Agree 100%!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    One issue with your position here. Absolute truth has no expiration date. Moral laws are real and you have no moral law without a moral law giver. Gay marriage has a moral side and a legal side. Gay marriage is wrong and it doesn't benefit the people or society as a whole and brings judgment. You cheapen the real thing when you offer a counterfeit which is what that is. If you can't see this truth, answer one question. If it is so right then if everyone did it, where would society be? Easy answer - extinct.

Society has the wrong views because they look to the wrong sources for the answers. Just because something gets accepted doesn't make it right.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, if so I apologize for that but the facts remain for anyone else.

Very nice! I tried to give rep. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to R2Dawg again.