Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Of course the power trip scoob comes along

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    To honor Rex during his two week break, I also propose we only refer to each other as morons, fools, dipshits, skanks, and skallywags. He would want it that way.**
    Rep! You alright Beardo.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BeardoMSU again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I will note. to anyone reading this, feel free to send me a pm with any suggestions anytime... I might be an admin of this board, but I'm not a dictator.
    But there is one simple rule, No Politics discussion. When it's inevitable, such as yesterday, the first COUPLE of pages were somewhat civil. but We don't need 9 pages of personal attacks.
    It's sad we can't have open, civil discussions without name calling and personal attacks. Open discussion is a way to learn and become better people, IMHO, even if you don't agree with someones beliefs or perspectives, but when it degrades to personal attacks and name calling no good can come from it.

vCash
    A good tranny thread every now and again keeps things interesting. Don't tuck it away or cut off people. Let it blossom into something unique.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    A good tranny thread every now and again keeps things interesting. Don't tuck it away or cut off people. Let it blossom into something unique.
    Was there any pun intended there, Cooter? lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I took the post as self-biographical, lol.

vCash
    It's sad but I'm starting to reach that point myself. Sports has always been away for me to relax and escape for a few hours from the world but that's even being taken away now. Sad.
    It is sad man. Really sad. It's really bothering me today.

vCash
    It's sad but I'm starting to reach that point myself. Sports has always been away for me to relax and escape for a few hours from the world but that's even being taken away now. Sad.
    The thing is - we can control that by policing ourselves. Focus on the games, the players, and the results. That is what we all have in common, and should be the focus of a sports board.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    It's sad we can't have open, civil discussions without name calling and personal attacks. Open discussion is a way to learn and become better people, IMHO, even if you don't agree with someones beliefs or perspectives, but when it degrades to personal attacks and name calling no good can come from it.
    Sadly, i think i finally agree with people who have said for a while.. you aren't likely to change anyone's opinions online. People are too stuck in their ways... only listen to the sources they want to belief in to fit their agenda.. and not willing to listen to change anymore... and that's true for all sides. Things are likely worse because of covid and how political it left people, and how much people lost any interaction with people other than social media.

vCash
    Sadly, i think i finally agree with people who have said for a while.. you aren't likely to change anyone's opinions online. People are too stuck in their ways... only listen to the sources they want to belief in to fit their agenda.. and not willing to listen to change anymore... and that's true for all sides. Things are likely worse because of covid and how political it left people, and how much people lost any interaction with people other than social media.
    I believe you're right. I'm a big people person and love talking to people and hearing about different beliefs, cultures, etc..but I do believe between covid and social media its definitely messed things up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    The thing is - we can control that by policing ourselves. Focus on the games, the players, and the results. That is what we all have in common, and should be the focus of a sports board.
    I agree with this and it's what i've been having to do, but i'm referring more to watching the actual games and all the politcal mumbo jumbo that comes with watching them as opposed to what's happening on the board. I enjoy this board and the discussions.

vCash
    Snatched that thread lickity split. Scooba hiding behind the curtains. Something fishy about it.

vCash
    Snatched that thread lickity split. Scooba hiding behind the curtains. Something fishy about it.
    Excuse me?

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Coot is on a roll!! I’m sorry but some of that stuff is hfunny right there!!
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    LOL, you're on a roll man!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    And locks an entertaining thread. This place was so much better before someone decided to make this guy a mod. His power trips scream little man syndrome. And making tons of comments before locking it? Real manly of you there scooby. And if you think a little ban is Gina bother me, have at it. You can dish it out but can?t take it. This place has gone south because of you! Your last little comment was embarrassing to yourself. If you ever think you want to have a theological debate bring it bud. I?d be willing to bet a lifetime ban on that very debate. Have a good day sir.
    This is a sports board where we quibble on whether Hatcher needs to sit or not. This isn't a theological forum or a political forum. If you want to spout your political and other beliefs then take it to the POLITICAL forum!!!! Too add There used to be this Bar in Gulfport next to a church and behind a Waffle House, Most coastians know which one. The owner, SM, used to have a saying if to talk religion go over to the church, If you want to talk politics go over to the Waffle House. Both were bad for business.
    Last edited by parabrave; 04-13-2021 at 12:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    To honor Rex during his two week break, I also propose we only refer to each other as morons, fools, dipshits, skanks, and skallywags. He would want it that way.**
    Rep. I was an idiot according to 34s little brother for saying that Rowdey needed to be moved to 2nd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    This is a sports board where we quibble on whether Hatcher needs to sit or not. This isn't a theological forum or a political forum. If you want to spout your political and other beliefs then take it to the POLITICAL forum!!!!
    EXACTLY. We have much more important topics to discuss such as stadium cups, do picky people really pick Polks, and the aforementioned Josh Hatcher threads. Which btw, Hatcher is approaching Luke Alexander levels of message board topics.

vCash
    I will note. to anyone reading this, feel free to send me a pm with any suggestions anytime... I might be an admin of this board, but I'm not a dictator.
    But there is one simple rule, No Politics discussion. When it's inevitable, such as yesterday, the first COUPLE of pages were somewhat civil. but We don't need 9 pages of personal attacks.
    Not a suggestion, just an observation that we all should be able to agree on. Never before has POLITICS been interjected into the sports world than it has the last few years.

Barkley was right. Politicians want to divide us. Sports used to be an escape from the cesspool of politics. Now it is forced upon the sports-viewing public. It sucks.

vCash
    Nearly every national sports show and article mix sports and politics now. Players voicing their political beliefs with social media. It is unavoidable in this day and time.

I wouldn't be surprised if some players voice opinions on the latest Minnesota police shooting. Hopefully they keep it private if so. But I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of reaction soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Nearly every national sports show and article mix sports and politics now. Players voicing their political beliefs with social media. It is unavoidable in this day and time.

I wouldn't be surprised if some players voice opinions on the latest Minnesota police shooting. Hopefully they keep it private if so. But I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of reaction soon.
    Pray for Minneapolis.

The Floyd/Chauvin trial is going on just a few blocks from the incident yesterday. There is destruction coming for that poor city if the verdict goes a certain way.

And the police force there has taken a severe hit due to defunding.