Thread: It has begun!!

vCash

It has begun!!

Saw this notification on my phone a few minutes ago...

https://www.si.com/college/2021/04/1...all-basketball

I can see a lot more portal kids in the future.

vCash
    That?s basically what we had this past year for Covid... lots of prayers not getting g to play looking for a place. We got some and lost some but the only ones leaving weren?t contributing and the only ones coming were ones the coaches think can help. What?s the big deal

vCash
    I think it will help guys who are studs in high school who go to Bama and have to sit. Now that the recruiting is over and they are treated as a normal football player they will seek to leave. They are lead to believe they will start from day one but learn that is not the case. Now they can. Let me go where I can start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think it will help guys who are studs in high school who go to Bama and have to sit.
    And, the 'lightly' recruited guy that ends up 'blowing up' at UAB, South Alabama, North Alabama, Troy + countless small colleges across the South, ends up with a new mustang and a 'burning' desire to go play for Saban.

Portal swings both ways.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    What?s the big deal
    The 'big deal' is the countless players (contributors but not starters) who think that the portal is magic and they will get picked up and 'instantly' start or at least get 'more' playing time BUT who WON'T get picked up by ANYONE. Unless they change the current rules for schools to sign more players, that 'lost' more players to transfer. There is still a 25 / year limit no matter how many left.

They will leave a full scholly, friends, and a team that had faith in him and gave him a shot for an 'unknown!' There will some starters that everybody wants BUT for every one of those, there will be 5 or 6, 'NOBODY' wants or can afford to sign.

That's the 'BIG DEAL!'
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"